The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=95500)

Admiral_Young June 6 2009 10:34 PM

Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Since NX has been in charge of this before...not sure if he included a spoiler warning so if anyone has news or whatever to report use the ususal spoiler code! I was reading an interview with Kelly Sounders who is of course one of the co-show runners who stated that they're fully aware of what Lois and Clark mean to the fans and said something like Lois and Clark Forever! So that means we'll get more Lois and Clark angst and Erica is signed up for 17 episodes this season as I mentioned in the other thread.

Rowan Sjet June 7 2009 12:01 AM

Re: Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

^ The 17 episode thing isn't definite yet AFAIK, since a whole lot of people over on TWOP would be moaning about it if it were.

Also:
Quote:

Allison btw as far as I know from reading Kryptonsite signed a one year deal last summer and it was close in terms of neogitation.
Allison actually signed a two year deal, seasons 8 and 9. You're right about it being close though. And she talked in a recent interview about working with the writers and looking for ways to write out her character at the end of the coming season. Of course, Chloe only needs to be written out of the show if Smallville gets a season 10, which Tom and (I think?) Erica are signed for. But with Smallville's move to friday nights and the CW's continuing troubles, another season doesn't look too likely.

Sketcher June 9 2009 08:04 PM

I'm just waiting for Perry White to come back to the show. I seriously expect to see a casting announcement for him, but it'll be Perry White jr, the son of Perry White sr seen in season 3. That way he'll be young and sexy enough to appeal to the teen girl fanbase.

Admiral_Young June 9 2009 08:21 PM

LOL...yep that seems like it could be a realistic possibilitiy. I would have liked to seen more episodes with Carrie Fisher as the EIC she was only in like two or three episodes back in season seven. I guess that got changed when Lex bought the planet and installed himself as the EIC which was lame since it really didn't serve any purpose except to put him in a location where he could hinder Lois, Chloe, and Clark easier. I've been expecting to hear casting announcements for Perry White the last three or four seasons but alas...he's gotta come some time! Or else if you wanted to go a Smallville way cast the Daily Star editor from the original Superman comics.

Guy Gardener June 10 2009 01:06 AM

If we get Perry, then there's no reason to think that we won't get a little bit of Martha too... I mean approach them as a couple. Ask them if they want to be a TV couple just like they are in real life?

Then you start to wonder if they're "screen-kissing" or really "real-kissing" as the romanticness of everything pushes them together characters and actors alike.

At which point I will just die if she doesn't say "I haven't slept with anyone since Lionel Luthor." Which "if" she did, you'd have to wonder if she'd consider that her scarlet va-jayjay is cursed?

Procutus June 10 2009 01:44 AM

Does anyone know what the timeslot on Friday will be? I'm assuming 8:00 P.M., but that's not a given.

nx1701g June 10 2009 05:16 AM

8:00pm with a rerun of America's Next Top Model or 90210 at 9:00.

Broccoli June 10 2009 07:23 AM

So, season nine. Here we come.

Brent June 10 2009 07:32 AM

Smallville is signed up to do 2 new seasons right?

nx1701g June 10 2009 07:49 AM

^ I've heard different things different places. TVGuide said in late February/early March Smallville was renewed for 2 seasons. Then I heard only Welling is signed for 2 seasons and not the show (still on a 1 year contract with review at the end of the season).

Savage Dragon June 10 2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Sketcher wrote: (Post 3063263)
I'm just waiting for Perry White to come back to the show. I seriously expect to see a casting announcement for him, but it'll be Perry White jr, the son of Perry White sr seen in season 3. That way he'll be young and sexy enough to appeal to the teen girl fanbase.

God, I hope not!

nx1701g June 10 2009 06:36 PM

CorporalClegg June 10 2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

nx1701g wrote: (Post 3066864)

nx1701g June 11 2009 12:48 AM

^ Ha Ha

Admiral_Young June 11 2009 02:22 AM

The Mason character has also been reported at Kryptonsite as being Smallville's version of Rex Mason, when it was first reported they had some dialouge from a script and there is a scene with Mason and Tess. I suppose though it could be General Zod...as we know he's taken possession of a human body and we know that Davis is kind of a pawn in a larger plan and has served as a Vassal for Doomsday.