The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Buffy the Vampire Slayer Remake... Without Joss (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=94268)

Hermiod May 26 2009 08:31 AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Remake... Without Joss

Dumbest idea ever.

Quote:

A new incarnation of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" could be coming to the big screen.

"Buffy" creator Joss Whedon isn't involved and it's not set up at a studio, but Roy Lee and Doug Davison of Vertigo Entertainment are working with original movie director Fran Rubel Kuzui and her husband, Kaz Kuzui, on what is being labeled a remake or relaunch, but not a sequel or prequel.

While Whedon is the person most associated with "Buffy," Kuzui and her Kuzui Enterprises have held onto the rights since the beginning, when she discovered the "Buffy" script from then-unknown Whedon. She developed the script while her husband put together the financing to make the 1992 movie, which was released by Fox.
This makes me hate humans.

Skywalker May 26 2009 08:38 AM

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Remake... Without Joss

Whoever came up with this idea should go back and watch what the Kuzuis came up with the last time they tried to do a Buffy movie.

Thrall May 26 2009 08:38 AM

Without Joss honestly would be the only way Sarah Michelle Gellar would ever get involved with The Buffyverse again. Ironically enough.

Snaploud May 26 2009 08:41 AM

These people are obviously idiots.

Dream May 26 2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Thrall wrote: (Post 3008187)
Without Joss honestly would be the only way Sarah Michelle Gellar would ever get involved with The Buffyverse again. Ironically enough.

What is Gellar doing these days? Didn't some fans thing she would be a huge movie star once the show ended?:rommie:

Looks like Boreanaz is doing Bones. Glad he has been busy.

Hermiod May 26 2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Skywalker wrote: (Post 3008186)
Whoever came up with this idea should go back and watch what the Kuzuis came up with the last time they tried to do a Buffy movie.

It does remind me of Kevin McClory's endless attempts to remake Thunderball.

Skywalker May 26 2009 09:13 AM

Personally, I'd rather see something about anyone but Buffy (which is never going to happen). Buffy was my least favorite of the main characters, in either show.

Thrall May 26 2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 3008191)
Quote:

Thrall wrote: (Post 3008187)

What is Gellar doing these days? Didn't some fans thing she would be a huge movie star once the show ended?:rommie:

Looks like Boreanaz is doing Bones. Glad he has been busy.

She's got a new show on HBO in the works.

What's Whedon been doing these days? Dollhouse? Ugh. Wasn't he supposed to be what JJ Abrams is now?

Yoda May 26 2009 10:47 AM

It's too bad Whedon doesn't have a little more control over his universe. If this is actually getting off the ground, I expect an utter train wreck.

od0_ital May 26 2009 10:59 AM

I'll only see this if they bring Paul Reubans back as a vampire.

Lonemagpie May 26 2009 11:15 AM

They obviously want to jump on the post-Twilight vampire fashion. And this would be a guaranteed bomb, as Twilight fans won't like it without Edward Cullen etc, and Buffy fans won't like it cos of no Joss and none of the Scoobies...

Bob The Skutter May 26 2009 11:24 AM

I'd like to see Joss Whedon's take on this. I might be interesting to see where a reboot/remake might go, but it seems a bit soon for that, and pointless while there's still an official in continuity story going on.

Samurai8472 May 26 2009 12:46 PM

This is not your big brother's Vampire Slayer........

Buffy: I will not allow you to lecture me.
Giles: Then why don't you stop me?

Hicks May 26 2009 01:42 PM

Horrible, horrible idea. If this was being spear-headed by Joss, I'd feel completely different.

Lindley May 26 2009 01:43 PM

Yeah....no way in hell.