The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   What ship would you choose? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=92451)

AdmiralSteven May 12 2009 07:35 PM

What ship would you choose?

I've seen those thread asking you to pick your crew, there's one running currently, but what about the ship? If given the chance to pick a ship from the Star Trek universe that would become yours, which ship would you choose? It could be any ship from any of the movies, TV shows and even alien cultures. Also, where would you want to start out at, the alpha quadrant? How about the delta quadrant?

My choice would be the alien design for the USS Dauntless. I would choose it because I like the design, and I also like the particle synthesis and quantum slipstream drvie technology. I think it would try my hand at exploring the delta quadrant.

Who's next?

barnaclelapse May 12 2009 07:44 PM

Re: What ship would you choose?

I'd go with Enterprise-A.

Nothing fancy. Just a simple kind of awesome.

cwl May 12 2009 10:35 PM

well I've always loved the Klingon BoP- but I'd want the one that can fire cloaked. I'm sure I could find out a way to avoid gas-seeking torpedos.

Jaespol May 12 2009 10:40 PM

The Enterprise E!

Vger May 12 2009 10:46 PM

Like the Sovereign class ships. Second would be the Excelsior class and then the refit Constitution class.

The Badger May 12 2009 10:48 PM

There's something about the the TOS Enterprise that just says class. Can't comment on the movie version as I've not seen the film yet:(. In pictures it looks OK, but I'm waiting to see it on the big screen.

There is a certain brutal elegance to the Defiant, so that'd be my second choice.

(BTW I think Jaespol has been replaced with an imposter. He didn't mention catsuits in his last post.)

Green Shirt May 12 2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

The Badger wrote: (Post 2946109)
There's something about the the TOS Enterprise that just say class.

Couldn't agree more! :techman:

apenpaap May 12 2009 10:54 PM

For pure looks I would choose an NX, but since it would probably mean I'd be toast at the first encounter with a hostile alien, I'll pick the Galaxy class.

@The Badger: Those damn changelings...

cwl May 12 2009 11:01 PM

but ill blast you all good in my BoP.

The Badger May 12 2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

apenpaap wrote: (Post 2946144)
For pure looks I would choose an NX, but since it would probably mean I'd be toast at the first encounter with a hostile alien, I'll pick the Galaxy class.

Well, you could go for the very similar design of the Akira class.

Quote:

@The Badger: Those damn changelings...

You know, there's a piece of fan fiction waiting to be written about a changeling who turns into a catsuit....I'm not saying I'll write it, but I'm not saying I won't.

apenpaap May 12 2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

The Badger wrote: (Post 2946192)
Quote:

Well, you could go for the very similar design of the Akira class.

I don't really like the Akira class, it's pretty ugly and weird from some angles.

JiNX-01 May 12 2009 11:41 PM

I love the NX-01! Nice small ship for a small crew ...

sbk1234 May 12 2009 11:45 PM

I'd go with the Intrepid class. Small enough to feel like a ship, but enough firepower to kick some ass.

James Wright May 13 2009 03:21 AM

It's hard to choose, but I like the Enterprise-A as seen in movies 5 & 6.

James

Xerxes1979 May 13 2009 03:52 AM

Quote:

James Wright wrote: (Post 2947643)
It's hard to choose, but I like the Enterprise-A as seen in movies 5 & 6.

James

The Enterprise-A in V was barely operational. I for one demand a functioning starship.