The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Lost (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Lost 5x13: "Some Like It Hoth" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=88879)

Agent Richard07 April 15 2009 03:59 AM

Lost 5x13: "Some Like It Hoth"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Lost 5x13: "Some Like It Hoth".
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

"Some Like It Hoth"

http://www.cyberspace5.net/agentrich...3200919775.jpg

"Suspicions about a possible breach intensify after Ben is taken from the infirmary, and a reluctant Miles is forced to work with Hurley when he's asked to deliver an important package to a top Dharma official." - Wikipedia

Agent Richard07 April 15 2009 07:01 AM

Re: Lost 5x13: "Some Like It Hoth"

Just a reminder, we won't be getting a new episode on April 22nd. Instead, we'll get another recap special called Lost: The Story of the Oceanic 6.

chrisspringob April 15 2009 07:17 AM

I haven't read spoilers on this, so I don't know for sure......but I'm wondering if the title "Some Like It Hoth" might have something to do with the plot twist at the end of Empire Strikes Back....you know, someone finding out that another character is his father.

In this case, I think it's pretty clear which characters I might be talking about, as it's been speculated about here before.

Agent Richard07 April 15 2009 07:26 AM

^ I think this is one of the best titles the've ever had. I also suspect that it has a double meaning. Your speculation might be one of them.

Hanukkah Solo April 15 2009 08:13 AM

I don't know why they call it Hoth, it's more like Coldth!

:shifty:

Seven of Five April 15 2009 01:23 PM

Thank you, he'll be here all evening.

:p

Hanukkah Solo April 15 2009 01:45 PM

I don't have anywhere else to go. :(

Aragorn April 15 2009 06:20 PM

KATE: "I love you."
JACK: "I know."

BEN: "The possibility of successfully navigating through the smoke monster is approximately 3,720 to 1."
LOCKE: "Never tell me the odds."

JULIET: "The cave is collapsing."
SAWYER: "This is no cave."

Agent Richard07 April 16 2009 12:18 AM

More Star Wars fun...

http://www.cyberspace5.net/agentrich...ncoischau1.jpg

Caligula April 16 2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

Agent Richard07 wrote: (Post 2835197)

:guffaw:

Excellent episode. Can't believe the 100th is just around the corner.

Agent Richard07 April 16 2009 03:04 AM

I gave it an "average". That's not necessarily bad, it just means that it was a decent enough installment, but wasn't anything special.

Anyway, it looks like we got not one, but TWO Star Wars references and chrisspringob was right about one of them. I thought Miles was gonna tell Chang that he was his son, but it didn't happen. Oh well.

Looks like we got another surprise too. There seems to be a third party at work that isn't Ben or Widmore. I wonder who it could be.

By the way, what did Miles say about the 3.2 million dollars? I didn't catch what was said.

Gingerbread Girl April 16 2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

chrisspringob wrote: (Post 2832770)
I haven't read spoilers on this, so I don't know for sure......but I'm wondering if the title "Some Like It Hoth" might have something to do with the plot twist at the end of Empire Strikes Back....you know, someone finding out that another character is his father.

In this case, I think it's pretty clear which characters I might be talking about, as it's been speculated about here before.

And that was right on the money!

I voted excellent- it was great having a real backstory for Miles.

Trippy April 16 2009 03:08 AM

Quote:

Agent Richard07 wrote: (Post 2835841)
By the way, what did Miles say about the 3.2 million dollars? I didn't catch what was said.

He wanted double from Bram's group (Widmore offered 1.6 mil)

So that's how he came up with that number for Ben!

DarthPipes April 16 2009 03:08 AM

I voted Above Average. This was a very good, workman like episode. I especially liked the stuff with Miles, Hurley, and Dr. Candle. The flashbacks were hit-and-miss but it's setting up this "evil faction" stuff up nicely. Jack was good in this episode too and Kate is as dumb as ever.

Brent April 16 2009 03:10 AM

Those other people could be working for Ben on the outside, a possibility.

I gave this episode an Excellent, good reveals here about Mile's past and his family, they all lived on the Island!

I hope we get some Faraday answers next episode, like what he has been doing these past 3 years off island. My theory is that he told his mother everything, and that is how she knows the future.