The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Caprica - Grading & Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=88798)

Agent Richard07 April 14 2009 03:15 PM

Caprica - Grading & Discussion

Battlestar Galactica is over. Now see where it all began...

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Caprica's pilot episode.
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

CAPRICA

http://www.cyberspace5.net/agentrich...3200900008.jpg

"Set 50 years before Battlestar Galactica, Caprica follows two rival families and their patriarchs Daniel Graystone (Eric Stoltz) and Joseph Adama (Esai Morales) as they compete and thrive in the vibrant world of the 12 Colonies, a society recognizably close to our own. Enmeshed in the burgeoning technology of artificial intelligence and robotics that will eventually lead to the creation of the Cylons, the two houses go toe-to-toe blending action with corporate conspiracy and sexual politics." - The Movie God

Agent Richard07 April 14 2009 04:02 PM

Re: Caprica - Grading & Discussion

Quote:

RegentWorf wrote: (Post 2829027)
Shouldn't we have a rating/discussion thread already? I know it's not out on DVD yet, but it sounds like a lot of us have already seen the pilot.

Why not...

The DVD will probably start trickling in later this week for those who ordered it online. Otherwise, it'll be officially released on April 21, 2009. From what I understand, the DVD contains an extended version of the pilot episode which is supposed to air on Syfy in early 2010. The pilot will then be followed by an 18-episode full season order.

Mr. B April 14 2009 04:21 PM

I saw it pop up yesterday... elsewhere.

backstept April 14 2009 04:29 PM

dammit I keep forgetting about this!
BSG ending and the anticipation for Star Trek has put me in a daze of sorts . . .

I even forgot that I pre-ordered it!
can't wait to watch!

Mutenroshi April 14 2009 05:19 PM

There's one thing certain: TEH BABA's head is going to explode after the first 10 minutes... ;)

Ayelbourne April 14 2009 05:50 PM

"Love the enemy! - That's what we followers of the godess Athena believe."

Nice one, Ron. :lol:

Dac April 14 2009 06:03 PM

Ok, Im sold. Any doubts ive had about this show are gone. It isnt Battlestar, but its something I can see myself really getting into. The pilot sucked me in, I was simultaniously shocked, engaged, repulsed and moved by the story of Daniel Graystone and Joseph Adama. It helped that Bears music was amazing too.

All In all, I cant wait for this to go to series if it can keep up this level of storytelling.

"A Cylon? Interesting...." ;)

Mutenroshi April 14 2009 06:42 PM

Without being too spoilery, have you noticed William B. Davis's glasses?

Ayelbourne April 14 2009 06:49 PM

So that was William B. Davis?

I barely recognized him.

Also...I spotted two nuBSG Alumni. The old woman at Adamas home was played by the actress who played Lily, one of Baltars followers in "Faith".

The woman who stood at Greystones side during the demonmstration of the Cebturion prototype, also played a Quorum member in season 4. I believe she was the Tauron representative.

Harvey April 14 2009 07:37 PM

^^
Distant relatives, of course. ;)

I didn't know William B. Davis was in this. Cool.

Temis the Vorta April 14 2009 08:01 PM

Arrrgh...I hope Netflix doesn't make me wait eons with their dumb waitlisting feature...took forever for them to kick the Futurama DVDs loose. :klingon:

Yoda April 14 2009 08:34 PM

I went with Above Average. Overall I think I'm more hopeful for the series than I was after reading about it, and viewing a couple of trailers.

RoJoHen April 14 2009 08:54 PM

I didn't realize this was coming out this early. I'll wait and read more reviews on here before I bother buying it.

Gep Malakai April 14 2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

RoJoHen wrote: (Post 2830960)
I didn't realize this was coming out this early. I'll wait and read more reviews on here before I bother buying it.

To be accurate, it hasn't been released, it's been "released," ifyouknowhatImean. :shifty:

RoJoHen April 14 2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Gep Malakai wrote: (Post 2831002)
Quote:

RoJoHen wrote: (Post 2830960)

To be accurate, it hasn't been released, it's been "released," ifyouknowhatImean. :shifty:

Well, yeah, but I just checked, and it's actually being released in a week...so close enough.