The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Anybody want books/additional media about life on "Earth?" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=86581)

Danoz March 24 2009 03:40 PM

Anybody want books/additional media about life on "Earth?"

Whether their lives would be "less eventful," would you want to read something-- like a "world's of DS9" kind of book series that would chronicle the characters as they interact with the natives and build communities?

Ryan Thomas Riddle March 24 2009 03:42 PM

Re: Anybody want books/additional media about life on "Earth?"

No; the story is complete.

T'Pers0n March 24 2009 03:53 PM

Honestly, I'm more interested in what happened to Lee, Romo, Tyrol, Adama, Tigh now than I was before the finale. I would read the hell out of a Robinson Crusoe style book about Galen, King of Scotland. Lee had to start doubting his decision by the end of the week. He must have been getting horrible stares from the other survivors for the rest of his short life.

Leoben The Lumberjack. But, it's definitely over and we'll never know.

Magisterfrodo March 24 2009 04:11 PM

No.

Hartzilla2007 March 24 2009 05:06 PM

I'm more interested in additional media covering the 1st Cylon War and maybe Adama's stint as commander of the Battlestar Valkyrie.

SeerSGB March 24 2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

middyseafort wrote: (Post 2749957)
No; the story is complete.

That's where I'm at.

I can understand people what to see the follow up and what happens to the characters that are left. And it's not like we (I) could stop them if the studio wanted to make them. But for my part, the book is closed on Galactica's story.

Admiral Buzzkill March 24 2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

T'Pers0n wrote: (Post 2749994)
Honestly, I'm more interested in what happened to Lee, Romo, Tyrol, Adama, Tigh now than I was before the finale.

Yeah, I can see that.

Gep Malakai March 24 2009 06:44 PM

Short answer: yes. Long answer: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEES

The Evil Dead March 24 2009 06:49 PM

If anything, I'd like to see a novel...If a novel or two comes out every couple of years detailing some new aspect of the BSG universe, I'd be very into that.

Koinek March 24 2009 08:48 PM

I'd like to hear more about how god helps Lee Adama survive when the entire population of "Earth" realize what a huge mistake they've all made in giving up their technology.

Candlelight March 24 2009 09:00 PM

I wanna see how the children of Hoshi turn out.

David cgc March 24 2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

T'Pers0n wrote: (Post 2749994)
Lee had to start doubting his decision by the end of the week. He must have been getting horrible stares from the other survivors for the rest of his short life.

"Hey. Yeah, you, the asshole that's been eyeballing me all day. Why don't you go down to the river and drink up a bunch of water and think about how nice that it's not rationed to a thimble a day. If you're still pining for the paradise of the Fleet after that, come back here and we'll make you a nice cozy two-by-six box to stay in with all the comfort you grew accustomed to on the way here."

Koinek March 24 2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Candlelight wrote: (Post 2751065)
I wanna see how the children of Hoshi turn out.

Totalllly Faaaabulooous! :D

Yminale March 24 2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Killer Koinek wrote: (Post 2751003)
I'd like to hear more about how god helps Lee Adama survive when the entire population of "Earth" realize what a huge mistake they've all made in giving up their technology.

All you have to do is take a look outside. Humanity survives for 150,000. For the last 3,000 years humanity is walking the path that lead to the near destruction of the colonies. In real terms, Lee made the right choice. Hopefully we'll make the right choice when it's our turn.

Koinek March 24 2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Yminale wrote: (Post 2751344)
Quote:

Killer Koinek wrote: (Post 2751003)

All you have to do is take a look outside. Humanity survives for 150,000. For the last 3,000 years humanity is walking the path that lead to the near destruction of the colonies. In real terms, Lee made the right choice. Hopefully we'll make the right choice when it's our turn.

Hey hey...and guess what?! we have god to help us.

I've been sleeping better already. :)

Ok I can't hold it any longer..... :guffaw: