The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A Terminator Departure? (Potential Spoilers) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=86510)

nx1701g March 23 2009 10:22 PM

A Terminator Departure? (Potential Spoilers)

Bit of news from TVGuide.

Quote:

TVGuide
The CW's Body Politic is shaping up very nicely, with the addition of Brian Austin Green, Gabrielle Union and others to the Washington, D.C.-centric pilot's growing ensemble.

Should Body Politic get ordered to series and Fox's Terminator is unplugged, Green will play the "boy wonder" adviser to the president of the United States, says the Hollywood Reporter.
Looks like Uncle Derek may be the death at the end of the season, or is preparing incase the show in cancelled, or both.

witchie March 23 2009 10:40 PM

Re: A Terminator Departure? (Potential Spoilers)

I wouldn't miss him. I think the show lost a lot of its focus when he was made a regular. That said, he could do both. He isn't in every episode. He could disappear and return.

zephramc March 23 2009 10:41 PM

Bummer :(

BAG really made a good edition to Terminator.

StarTrek1701 March 24 2009 01:21 AM

Argh.

Piper March 24 2009 01:44 AM

I agree with Witchie, it would be no great loss.

Guy Gardener March 24 2009 01:50 AM

Sometimes I can anticipate the shape of things to come with complete certainty. Certainty doesn't mean accuracy of course, but it's been a long time since I believed in the slightest that the terminator would be receiving a third season.

IN contrast however, there had to be something that started last year which wasn't going to be canceled with zeal. Honestly, it's just dead stops and abortions littering my dvr library.

It's quite sad.

Kelso March 24 2009 03:31 AM

He is the only decent character on the show. He needs to abandon that sinking ship at his earliest opportunity.

Something is wrong when Sarah and John Connor are the least interesting characters on a Terminator series.

Samurai8472 March 24 2009 04:14 AM

show wise I can see him dying because there can't be two Dereks when Judgement day happens. Sarah too.

Guy Gardener March 24 2009 05:22 AM

Um, Smallville and Superman returns or The Batman and The dark Knight.

Meanwhile Cushing Doctor who movies came out at the same time as regular Who was on back in the 60s, and you still got 5 through 8 still producing full cast Audio adventures while 9 through 10 and incumbent 11 arestaring in that dinky little TV.

Frontier March 24 2009 06:07 AM

Zap2it is saying that BAG's casting in the CW show will be second priority to T:SCC. If T:SCC gets a third season. He is not leaving T:SCC, if it's picked up again.

DeadmeatDiggory March 24 2009 08:20 AM

I think we're going to find after the Release of T4 (unless Summer Glau makes a cameo) that TSCC isn't long for this world. Lets face it, its a show produced by an industry that thinks we're too stupid to tell the difference between a Tv Superman and a Movie Superman, and thus "No Flights, No Tights!". So therefore the idea of two Timelines seperate from each other, but each a part of the same story, would make most people's mind blow up.

Hell, I had to explain that TSCC was set between T2 and T3, that Sarah Connor would get Cancer and die, and John Connor would end up living Off the Grid by the series end before my Aunt would sit down and watch a single episode.

But that being said, I have liked BAG on this show, and I would be sorry to see him go.

WillsBabe March 24 2009 08:23 AM

Bummer. First Charlie, now Derek. They only need to get rid of Cameron and then all my favourite character will have gone.

bryce March 24 2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

DeadmeatDiggory wrote: (Post 2749335)
Hell, I had to explain that TSCC was set between T2 and T3, that Sarah Connor would get Cancer and die, and John Connor would end up living Off the Grid by the series end before my Aunt would sit down and watch a single episode.

I've always thought that T:TSCC was in a parallel/alternate timeline to T3...

(But try explaining *that* to the average glass teat sucking couch spud...)

MNM March 24 2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

DeadmeatDiggory wrote: (Post 2749335)

In the TSCC timeline T3 doesnt happen.

Wouldnt be bothered if Derek left, so long as Cameron is still there, I'll watch it.

flavaflav March 24 2009 01:04 PM

It would suck if Derek got killed off