The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek - Original Series (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Oh Shatner..WHY!!!! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=85719)

RobertScorpio March 16 2009 07:37 PM

Oh Shatner..WHY!!!!

What would you consider SHATNER's worst non-TREK movie/Tv movie???

My pick? With out a doubt it is WHITE COMANCHE. With Bill playing two brothers seperated by birth. One is raised by Comanches and..well...its just bad. In fact I sometimes consider it a TREK alternate time-line since much of it is filmed at the Vazquez Rock site they used for so many TOS episodes..

But, for me, definately its WHITE COMANCHE...

Someone might vote for DEVIL's RAIN. But when I saw that movie as a young person it way pretty scary!!! And how can you go wrong with Shatner, Borgnine and Travolta all in the same movie???

Rob
Scorpio

Captain Gandalf March 16 2009 08:18 PM

Re: Oh Shatner..WHY!!!!

"Big Bad Mama".

It was very unsettling to see Captain Kirk's naked ass.
My reaction was :wtf::eek:

MANT! March 16 2009 08:24 PM

No love for "Kingdom of The Spiders"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076271/

RobertScorpio March 16 2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

goldbug wrote: (Post 2718829)
No love for "Kingdom of The Spiders"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076271/

I actually kind of like KINGDOM..it freaked my kids out when we lived in the desert. Once a year there would be two or three days when tarantuals just were everywhere...just like that fricking movie...

EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS really did them in!!!

Rob

Shatmandu March 16 2009 09:18 PM

I have a vague recollection of seeing Shatner in a slasher movie, set in a hospital, back in the early 1980s. It sucked ass.

Imagine slasher-movie music playing as he hams his way down a darkened hospital hallway.

IIRC, he gets gutted like a pig. But he was wearing his TMP-style hairpiece.

Joe, porked

RobertScorpio March 16 2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Shatmandu wrote: (Post 2719131)
I have a vague recollection of seeing Shatner in a slasher movie, set in a hospital, back in the early 1980s. It sucked ass.

Imagine slasher-movie music playing as he hams his way down a darkened hospital hallway.

Joe, porked

I forgot about that movie..it was called the VISITOR and it had MICHAEL IRONSIDE as the baddie..before V the series I think...

Rob

Hambone March 16 2009 09:26 PM

TV movie-of-the-week from 1979 called "Disaster on the Coastliner". Shat played a bad guy on his way to death row via train; when the train becomes a runaway, Shat has an epiphany, saves the day, and is killed for his trouble.

The movie was terrible, especially for the fact that it was made up mostly of re-used footage from other movies.

That being said, how come no one's mentioned "Incubus"? I guess because no one's seen it.

Captain Gandalf March 16 2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Joe, porked

That was "Visiting Hours", from 1982.

RobertScorpio March 16 2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Hambone wrote: (Post 2719173)
TV movie-of-the-week from 1979 called "Disaster on the Coastliner". Shat played a bad guy on his way to death row via train; when the train becomes a runaway, Shat has an epiphany, saves the day, and is killed for his trouble.

The movie was terrible, especially for the fact that it was made up mostly of re-used footage from other movies.

That being said, how come no one's mentioned "Incubus"? I guess because no one's seen it.

I have INCUBUS. My wife and I watched it one night after a half bottle of CATPAIN MORGAN (burp)

...Incubus was bad....the filming was cool I guess..

but I have never heard of the Disaster on the Coastliner. I will have to look for this...I love bad movies...

Rob

Shatmandu March 16 2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Captain Gandalf wrote: (Post 2719178)
Quote:

Joe, porked

Then I was only 14. Yikes.

I remember thinking as I walked out of the theater, "How many fucking papers did I have to goddamn deliver to go see that piece of stinking shit?"

Joe, router

Captain Gandalf March 16 2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Shatmandu wrote: (Post 2719221)
Quote:

Captain Gandalf wrote: (Post 2719178)
Quote:

Joe, porked

Then I was only 14. Yikes.

I remember thinking as I walked out of the theater, "How many fucking papers did I have to goddamn deliver to go see that piece of stinking shit?"

Joe, router

Since Michael Ironside was in it, it couldn't have been total crap.
That guy is always fun to watch, even in crap movies.

Esteban March 17 2009 12:16 AM

Impulse
a.k.a. I Love to Kill
a.k.a. Want a Ride, Little Girl?

Look it up...if you dare

Esteban March 17 2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Joe, porked

That's Visiting Hours.

Oh, the horror....

Esteban March 17 2009 12:23 AM

Oh, I see someone else saw Visiting Hours...sorry.

Haveyou tried Secrets of a Married Man?

Best scene is where Shat realized he has the Clap, while showering and examining his Phaser 2...

IrritatingGameOfChess March 17 2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Esteban wrote: (Post 2719869)
Oh, I see someone else saw Visiting Hours...sorry.

Haveyou tried Secrets of a Married Man?

Best scene is where Shat realized he has the Clap, while showering and examining his Phaser 2...

That scene is so bad I remember it like it was yesterday, even though I haven't seen it in 20 odd years. Shatner looks down, does one of his dramatic pauses, and then mutters, "Damn!" :lol: