The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica 4x19: "Daybreak, Part I" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=85363)

Agent Richard07 March 13 2009 03:54 AM

Battlestar Galactica 4x19: "Daybreak, Part I"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Battlestar Galactica 4x19: "Daybreak, Part I".
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

"Daybreak, Part I"

http://www.cyberspace5.net/agentrich...0200900001.jpg

"With Galactica on the verge of falling apart, Admiral Adama readies the ship for what could be its final mission. Meanwhile, Baltar's Six warns that humanity's final chapter is near." - TV.com

* "Daybreak, Part I" is the second last episode of Battlestar Galactica. The series ends with the two-hour episode "Daybreak, Part II".

Gregsmack March 13 2009 04:14 AM

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x19: "Daybreak, Part I"

That might just be the best airdate thread picture you've ever had.

Zod March 13 2009 04:43 AM

I can't believe that this is the beginning of the end. What an amazing ride it has been. The 2 nights I watched the mini back in Dec 2003 seem like yesterday. Has it really been over 5 years? Amazing.

One thing I am certain of. People will be talking about this show long after it leaves us. I will miss it.

sidious618 March 13 2009 05:20 AM

I remember watching the miniseries during my freshman year of high school. Sniff. I can't believe it's the end. :(

ManOnTheWave March 13 2009 07:07 AM

Almost there.

Peacemaker March 13 2009 07:49 AM

Just one more jump and we're home! (Sniffle)

CommanderRaytas March 13 2009 12:40 PM

All good things must come to an end... but that doesn't mean we have to like it. I'm getting really sentimental over here. *sigh*

Spider March 13 2009 01:38 PM

Yeah, a lot of water under the bridge since this series began. I'm gonna miss it, there just isn't any TV space scifi to replace it with.

Mutenroshi March 13 2009 01:48 PM

I'm gonna miss this show. I remember when I joined the TrekBBS, posters kept saying how Firefly and Battlestar Galactica were the best things ever. I cringed every time because it was kind of force fed on me. And then, I purchased the mini. And I saw it with my own eyes. Best impulse buying I ever had!
I'm gonna miss this show.

MyCylon March 13 2009 02:14 PM

^
I remember being very skeptical at first myself. Hype can sometimes turn me away from shows or movies.

Still, RDM's involvement had me interested since he had been on my favorite show at that point, DS9.

Fortunately, SciFi had "33" available for free viewing online (with no regional restrictions, I might add...). I checked it out and thought it was great. That got me interested in seeing the Mini. I was pretty sure if I liked that, I'd like the show as a whole.

I picked it up on DVD at a great price and adored it. It got S1 on DVD as soon as I could in order to catch up. And the rest is history, as they say.

It's been a fantastic ride. And I'm really sad to see my favorite show end. But it's better this way than it overstaying its welcome, I think.

CommanderRaytas March 13 2009 05:00 PM

Definitely. It's good that the show's coming to an end before any cringe-worthy jump the shark moment... well, in my opinion anyhow. Some people might think there's already been one or more of those.

bigdaddy March 13 2009 05:07 PM

The beginning of the end is just the beginning!!!

This episode better not be completely lame shit like the last 3 weeks.

CommanderRaytas March 13 2009 05:40 PM

Now that's a matter of taste, isn't it? I liked last week's episode.

SJSharksfan39 March 13 2009 05:41 PM

This will be very bittersweet. I'm glad the series is finally ending, but a week from now, we will really be talking about after the show no more BSG. Yeah, there's Caprica and The Plan, but I'm not sure if I will follow those shows. More times than not, it was fun following BSG, and hopefully it ends on a really high note. Also, I know people have been frowning on this lately, but I really hope we get some good action viper-style in these last few episodes. Yeah, BSG is about the drama, but damn it, I miss scenes like what we got in Hand of God, or Galactica jumping into the atmosphere, or just all hell breaking lose in terms of fire power. Just one more action sequence and I will be happy. I'm pretty sure it will happen, but will be very surprised if it doesn't.

Hambone March 13 2009 05:56 PM

I will really miss this show. It's one of the few TV series that my wife and I make a "date" to watch together each week...and it single-handedly changed her perception of science fiction. I told her that there were only two weeks left and she couldn't believe it.

"But they'll make more, right?"

"Nope."

"Well, that just won't do!"