The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Did cavill move the colony to earth? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=85211)

TEH BABA March 11 2009 07:46 PM

Did cavill move the colony to earth?

Just a spec.

Apogeal Alpha01 March 11 2009 09:12 PM

Re: Did cavill move the colony to earth?

Unlikely. Radiation levels were lethal to even Cylons.

Kchunda March 11 2009 09:12 PM

That's kinda my guess. They'll call this "Colony" planet Earth. . . :shifty:

Sharr Khan March 11 2009 09:52 PM

Boomer in her jumps toward the Cylon Colony jumped in the vicinity of a planet that resembled Jupiter, at least I thought that's what it was.

I'm still of the mind that the Cylon "Earth" and our Earth are two different planets.

Sharr

CaptainHarlock March 11 2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Sharr Khan wrote: (Post 2701683)
Boomer in her jumps toward the Cylon Colony jumped in the vicinity of a planet that resembled Jupiter, at least I thought that's what it was.

I'm still of the mind that the Cylon "Earth" and our Earth are two different planets.

Sharr

* Yeah, I noted the "Jupiter" too. Would be the final battle ending in the real Earth?

Kaijima March 11 2009 11:45 PM

You can't really trust RDM not to lie in interviews, because he has before (or close enough to it). So, when he or others claim "we won't see another Earth", don't believe it.

It's possible that nobody will call our Earth by its name /on the screen/ too, but we might be given clues that it is indeed the real world Earth.

Here's a funky thought. What if not all of the clues to Earth's location in the show were pointing towards Cylon Earth? What if the tomb of Athena and the holographic representation of Earth and the stone circle were related to the /real/ Earth? What if Cavil sussed out some clue from Colonial mythology pointed towards the real Earth, since he would already know - via the Final Five - about Cylon Earth?

cbspock March 12 2009 12:20 AM

I don't think the "colony" was a planet, it looked like some sort of asteriod ship. If anything the survivors of the battle would crash land on a planet that looks like our earth.

-Chris

Janus VI March 12 2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

cbspock wrote: (Post 2702236)
I don't think the "colony" was a planet, it looked like some sort of asteriod ship.

hmmm so they've reached stage two of Project Genesis then.

Turd Ferguson March 12 2009 02:02 AM

I, too, thought that Boomer jumped her Raptor in the vicinity of a planet that looked like Jupiter. I ran this by one of my friends and he said he didn't know what Jupiter looked like :wtf:

Myasishchev March 12 2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Apogeal Alpha01 wrote: (Post 2701490)
Unlikely. Radiation levels were lethal to even Cylons.

That seemed odd, seeing as how they were plenty capable of walking around Caprica after the rain, and it had been days since the nuclear holocaust, as opposed to two thousand years.

Samuel T. Cogley March 12 2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Kaijima wrote: (Post 2702103)
You can't really trust RDM not to lie in interviews, because he has before (or close enough to it).

Examples?

I know RDM got a lot of shit for lying about Starbuck's 'death', although that appears to have been totally true, in retrospect.

RoJoHen March 12 2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Turd Ferguson wrote: (Post 2702590)
I, too, thought that Boomer jumped her Raptor in the vicinity of a planet that looked like Jupiter. I ran this by one of my friends and he said he didn't know what Jupiter looked like :wtf:

Um...where did he go to school? I'll second your :wtf:

Quote:

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: (Post 2703445)
Quote:

Kaijima wrote: (Post 2702103)
You can't really trust RDM not to lie in interviews, because he has before (or close enough to it).

Examples?

I know RDM got a lot of shit for lying about Starbuck's 'death', although that appears to have been totally true, in retrospect.

Frankly, anybody who believed RDM and Katee when they said Starbuck was gone was just...not very smart.

Samuel T. Cogley March 12 2009 08:53 AM

RDM said Starbuck was dead. Turns out she was dead. I don't see a problem.

RoJoHen March 12 2009 08:54 AM

I don't either.

But I'm pretty sure they also said Katee was leaving the show for good (keep in mind this was also right at the time she started working for Bionic Woman).

Kchunda March 12 2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Turd Ferguson wrote: (Post 2702590)

Just checked it out again, and it does very much look like Jupiter. Not sure about the distance to the sun or which moon that might be in the shot, but I think its a striking resemblance :techman: