The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek - Original Series (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=84807)

John Vasiliou March 7 2009 07:20 PM

Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/william...isters-job.php

Hey we could do worse lol

Green Shirt March 7 2009 08:54 PM

Re: Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
Sales of red clothing just hit zero.

Kirk1980 March 8 2009 07:05 AM

Re: Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
Shatner.

Shatner Shatner.

Can he be the US Ambassador to Canada or vice versa, whatever?

M'Sharak March 8 2009 07:13 AM

Re: Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
Quote:

klingongoat wrote: (Post 2687465)
Sales of red clothing just hit zero.

Do the RCMP still wear red uniform jackets?

Christopher March 9 2009 05:34 PM

Re: Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
Reporters just don't get Shatner. He likes to give absurd answers to their questions just to mess with their heads, and they report the things he says without getting the joke. Asking Shatner if he wanted to be governor general of Canada was a blatantly absurd question, so he one-upped it by asserting an even more absurd ambition in response.

George Steinbrenner March 9 2009 09:14 PM

Re: Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
Quote:

M'Sharak wrote: (Post 2689028)
Quote:

klingongoat wrote: (Post 2687465)
Sales of red clothing just hit zero.

Do the RCMP still wear red uniform jackets?

On formal occasions, yeah, they still wear the Red Serge.

M'Sharak March 10 2009 07:57 PM

Re: Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
Quote:

Babaganoosh wrote: (Post 2694061)
Quote:

M'Sharak wrote: (Post 2689028)
Quote:

klingongoat wrote: (Post 2687465)
Sales of red clothing just hit zero.

Do the RCMP still wear red uniform jackets?

On formal occasions, yeah, they still wear the Red Serge.

It was a rhetorical question, really, but if you're not listening too carefully, "Red Serge" might easily be mistaken for "redshirt".

Cakes488 March 10 2009 09:50 PM

Re: Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
Quote:

Kirk1980 wrote: (Post 2689006)
Shatner.

Shatner Shatner.

Can he be the US Ambassador to Canada or vice versa, whatever?

I say let's throw him a bone and give him Canada...and hell since it's sitting there lets throw in Mexico too!

Ghouleddie74 March 10 2009 11:07 PM

Re: Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
Shatner as an ambassador?

Well. There goes good relations with the Klingon Language Camp in Minnesota.

Patrickivan March 11 2009 12:11 PM

Re: Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
Quote:

Cakes488 wrote: (Post 2698238)
Quote:

Kirk1980 wrote: (Post 2689006)
Shatner.

Shatner Shatner.

Can he be the US Ambassador to Canada or vice versa, whatever?

I say let's throw him a bone and give him Canada...and hell since it's sitting there lets throw in Mexico too!

Well- it would be up to the party he choose to run in to make him leader of that first. Then the party would have to be elected... It's not up to you...

But if you want to give us Mexico, we get LA (keep the Terminator though) and Texas (for the beef) too since Mexico practically owns them through immigration ;) anyway...

As fun as it sounds to have Captain Kirk as Prime Minister of Canada (and I would always call him Prime Minister Captain Kirk :)), not only is he practically as nutty as his Crane character (not a negative as far as I'm concerned), but he's been her for a total of maybe 6 months in the past 50 years... Not exactly prime Canadian content anymore...

KirksFlyingFist March 13 2009 12:59 PM

Re: Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
Quote:

klingongoat wrote: (Post 2687465)
Sales of red clothing just hit zero.

Hahahah!

Ghouleddie74 March 13 2009 07:53 PM

Re: Captain Kirk Wants Command Of Canada
 
His Excellency William Shatner of the Dominion of Baldia.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.