The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=84033)

Agent Richard07 February 27 2009 04:59 AM

Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me".
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

"Someone to Watch Over Me"

http://www.cyberspace5.net/agentrich...2200900000.jpg

"Boomer faces punishment for her actions in the tortuous struggle between the humans and Cylons. Meanwhile, Kara sees visions that may explain the nature of her true identity." - TV.com

SJSharksfan39 February 27 2009 08:13 AM

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me"

If this episode doesn't make significant headway into Starbuck's storyline to the point where they reveal who and what she is, this episode's highest grade from me will be an Average. We have 4 episodes left, 3 if we discount the season finale which will probably be the showdown between the Fleet and Cavil's Fleet. Time to start "knowing the Truth".

USS KG5 February 27 2009 10:33 AM

I think the USA will find out tonight, and hopefully me tomorrow, the following: -

1. Starbuck is Daniel's daughter.
2. She is therefore a hybrid like Hera.

It would tie up all the little tidbits we have heard about Starbuck throughout the series.

flux_29 February 27 2009 11:31 AM

There is a new clip up on youtube of tyrol trying to get the other final five to help Boomer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgNhbe6s6l8

Admiral Buzzkill February 27 2009 03:42 PM

I'm not all that wrapped up in "knowing the truth" about any of this stuff. I just want to see where humanity/Cylons in general and each character in particular winds up at the end of the story. I care, for example, a great deal more about whether Boomer lives or dies than about why Kara had to burn her own corpse.

Ethros February 27 2009 03:55 PM

Another Voyager remake.
We will see Caprica Six exploring dating with help from Doc Cottle

billcosby February 27 2009 04:29 PM

I still can't believe we're going to sit through another "Frakkin'" skinjob trial! [/Tigh]

MPH February 27 2009 07:00 PM

Lets hope its not as boring as last week but looking at the promo im not hoping for much. Im not interested in Boomer.

Gregsmack February 27 2009 07:17 PM

This one looks good. I'm looking forward to what looks to be Tyrol's big episode. I understand all the hate and wailing that's been going on lately regarding everyone's beloved Chief, but I happen to think he is one of the more subtle and fascinating character arcs of the entire series. I am very impressed in particular with how his identity dilemma in 4.5 has been handled.

Robert Maxwell February 27 2009 08:02 PM

Time for some more payoff, especially on the Kara front, and hopefully with Boomer, too.

Wouter2 February 27 2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Starship Polaris wrote: (Post 2659536)
I'm not all that wrapped up in "knowing the truth" about any of this stuff. I just want to see where humanity/Cylons in general and each character in particular winds up at the end of the story. I care, for example, a great deal more about whether Boomer lives or dies than about why Kara had to burn her own corpse.

Seconded. Regarding Boomer, I think she will survive this episode but I'm not happy about the way I suspect things will turn out:

Wouter2 February 27 2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

billcosby wrote: (Post 2659623)
I still can't believe we're going to sit through another "Frakkin'" skinjob trial! [/Tigh]

I doubt there will be a trial, in the end.

SJSharksfan39 February 27 2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Starship Polaris wrote: (Post 2659536)

Quote:

Wouter2 wrote: (Post 2660235)
Quote:

billcosby wrote: (Post 2659623)

I doubt there will be a trial, in the end.

Oh I understand what you guys are saying, but it's been 2 years (+) since Maelstrom and in BSG Season length, it's about equivilent to one full season. I too want to see where everyone ends up, but this is being billed as a Kara Heavy episode and we haven't had much of those lately. It's time to reveal the big secret and then get consequences to that going into the finale. If this episode doesn't do that, than I will be very disappointed.

Wouter2 February 27 2009 08:35 PM

Boomer has barely even been in the series since "Rapture", while Starbuck got the entire Demetrius storyline pretty much to herself. She doesn't lack airtime.

Verteron February 27 2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Wouter2 wrote: (Post 2660332)
Boomer has barely even been in the series since "Rapture", while Starbuck got the entire Demetrius storyline pretty much to herself. She doesn't lack airtime.

Yeah, but I'm not sure Boomer really deserves an entire episode. I mean, it's not like she's critical to the story...

I suspect the Starbuck arc and the Boomer arc might span this and 'Islanded' next week leading in to the 'BIG FINISH', they may well both play important parts in whatever the ultimate resolution of this thing turns out to be...