The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   John needs giant flying cyborg death armor (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=83565)

hyzmarca February 22 2009 06:15 AM

John needs giant flying cyborg death armor

Cavil is right about one thing. The humanoid Cylons were poorly constructed. And, in fact, the decision to create new wholly human models instead of upgrading the Centurions with removable flesh was probably a very stupid one in the long term. The divide between machine and man is one that will only be bridged the two are indistinguishable from each other due to rampant cybernetic grafting, with humans who have metal parts and robots who have flesh.

Of course, Cavil hasn't done a damn thing about it that we have seen. But what if he has? What if, all of this time, he has been secretly working on ways to graft metal to flesh and flesh to metal. What if he achieves his dream of overcomming his fleshy limitations by grafting giant flying missile-laden death-armor to his central nervous system?

The answer to that question is simple. It would be awesome.

We need Dean Stockwell in giant cyborg death armor, and it must fly, so that he can shoot nuclear missiles at stuff and get into a dogfight with Starbuck. Seriously, what better way is there for #1 to go out than being shot down by Starbuck in a dogfight while piloting flying death armor?
There is none.

I know that the final episode has already been written. But, really, we need to see Dean Stockwell in giant flying cyborg death armor.

Who agrees?

T'Pers0n February 22 2009 06:19 AM

Re: John needs giant flying cyborg death armor

I agree completely. Wonder if he ever thought about modifying one of his copies to plug into the basestar like the hybrids. They seem to experience everything on a whole other level.

Ben Sisko3 February 22 2009 06:58 AM

Holy shit, yes.

As long as Tony Stark or Jim Rhodes get involved in the battle, I'm game. Hell, I'd settle for Norman Osborn.

MrPointy February 22 2009 07:11 AM

hyzmarca is on to something. This CG image was leaked out pretty recently. Basically, Cavil pilots one of these in the series finale.

http://www.chucksanimeshrine.com/ani...am1-770009.jpg

Marcus Porcius Cato February 22 2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

MrPointy wrote: (Post 2640329)
hyzmarca is on to something. This CG image was leaked out pretty recently. Basically, Cavil pilots one of these in the series finale.

http://www.chucksanimeshrine.com/ani...am1-770009.jpg

If that thing is Sentient, why would it take Amuro's bitching?

Temis the Vorta February 22 2009 07:34 AM

I don't think this show was ever interested in really exploring what artificial intelligence might be like, and how it might be similar to or different from humanity. It's just a bunch of humans vs. another bunch of humans who have a weird delusion about being machines, which somehow compels them to do lunatic things and then angst about it and talk about their feewings incessantly, which when you think about it, isn't the first thing you expect from machines...

Sometimes I'm really glad this show is almost over. :rommie:

Lyon_Wonder February 22 2009 08:06 AM

Cavil would be satisfied with a Terminator body.

Though it could give us what a reimagined IL-series Cylon looks like, should Cavil improvise or come across an ancient reserection hub and download himself into a machine body.

Myasishchev February 22 2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Temis the Vorta wrote: (Post 2640388)
I don't think this show was ever interested in really exploring what artificial intelligence might be like, and how it might be similar to or different from humanity. It's just a bunch of humans vs. another bunch of humans who have a weird delusion about being machines, which somehow compels them to do lunatic things and then angst about it and talk about their feewings incessantly, which when you think about it, isn't the first thing you expect from machines...

Precisely put. BSG missed the boat big time on that count.

chrisspringob February 22 2009 09:44 AM

In the series finale, the Final Five will merge to form "Earthastator" (loosely modeled on "Devastator" from Transformers), and will do battle with Cavil-fitted-with-robotic-exoskeleton. Winner becomes supreme ruler of all Cylons and humans.

That's why there's been little in the way of FX in the last two episodes. They're saving their budget for the finale, since this battle will be roughly two hours long......two and a half hours on the extended DVD version.

Aragorn February 22 2009 10:24 AM

Cavil just needs RoboCop's suit and hope no one shoots him in the mouth.

Hartzilla2007 February 22 2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

hyzmarca wrote: (Post 2640234)
Cavil is right about one thing. The humanoid Cylons were poorly constructed. And, in fact, the decision to create new wholly human models instead of upgrading the Centurions with removable flesh was probably a very stupid one in the long term. The divide between machine and man is one that will only be bridged the two are indistinguishable from each other due to rampant cybernetic grafting, with humans who have metal parts and robots who have flesh.

Of course, Cavil hasn't done a damn thing about it that we have seen. But what if he has? What if, all of this time, he has been secretly working on ways to graft metal to flesh and flesh to metal. What if he achieves his dream of overcomming his fleshy limitations can grafting giant flying missile-laden death-armor to his central nervous system?

The answer to that question is simple. It would be awesome.

We need Dean Stockwell in giant cyborg death armor, and it must fly, so that he can shoot nuclear missiles at stuff and get into a dogfight with Starbuck. Seriously, what better way is there for #1 to go out than being shot down by Starbuck in a dogfight while piloting flying death armor?
There is none.

I know that the final episode has already been written. But, really, we need to see Dean Stockwell in giant flying cyborg death armor.

Who agrees?

Your post can be described in two words:

:bolian: EPIC WIN! :bolian:

Robert Maxwell February 22 2009 11:19 PM

Giant flying cyborg death armor... I love it!

Mike Farley February 23 2009 07:32 PM

Cavil just needs a bitchin' Centurion Head Helmet like the original Baltar wore in TOS:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ley/baltar.jpg