The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica 4x16: "Deadlock" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=83341)

Agent Richard07 February 20 2009 05:02 AM

Battlestar Galactica 4x16: "Deadlock"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Battlestar Galactica 4x16: "Deadlock".
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

"Deadlock"

http://www.cyberspace5.net/agentrich...8200900005.jpg

"With Boomer's help, Ellen escapes from Cavil only to face a momentous choice regarding the 13th Tribe and the Final Five Cylons onboard the Galactica." - TV.com

sjsharksfan39 February 20 2009 05:07 AM

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x16: "Deadlock"

Looking forward to the Final Five being on the same screen together. Can't wait to find out what happens and maybe more on Model 7.

Carbon Unit February 20 2009 05:41 AM

Am I the only one who never noticed until last week that there was a model (#7) missing from the lineup?

Mr. Laser Beam February 20 2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Carbon Unit wrote: (Post 2633880)
Am I the only one who never noticed until last week that there was a model (#7) missing from the lineup?

I'm guessing a lot of people thought (up until last week) that #7 was Ellen. Now, of course, we know better. :)

RoJoHen February 20 2009 06:51 AM

Quote:

The only one? Probably not. But it's definitely something that's been going around for a while.

Starwind February 20 2009 06:56 AM

It's something that's been kicked around since the entire line-up of model numbers was confirmed early in s4.

MyCylon February 20 2009 10:00 AM

Weird. Everytime I think about the next episode and how much I'm looking forward to it the clock almos seems to be running backwards. Cruel world! :D

On another note, I have to say I'm not too keen on some of the titles they've had recently. I know that, for example, "The Oath" is probably very fitting for that particular episode. But I tend to prefer the slighlty more 'poetic' titles.
"The Oath", "No Exit" or "Deadlock" do nothing for me in terms of the title. I far prefer "Sometimes a Great Notion", "Islanded in a Stream of Stars", "Someone to Watch Over Me", or "Daybreak", for that matter.

CommanderRaytas February 20 2009 11:45 AM

"Deadlock" sounds like a title for a Doctor Who episode, though right now I can't tell you why. I think there's been something similar....meh. Dunno.

Anyways, looking forward to it a lot. Ellen rocks, and I'm glad Boomer's back....and not as Number One's "Pet Eight". yuck.

billcosby February 20 2009 12:49 PM

Here's hoping it's excellent.
I hope there's some references to the chief's "boiled cabbage" recipe.

Five more to go, or six including this one?

Ethros February 20 2009 03:08 PM

It's a remake of the Voyager episode of the same name I hear, where a duplicate Galactica is created after it passes through a spatial scission.

RoJoHen February 20 2009 03:16 PM

^Except on the duplicate Galactica, everybody is cheerful, and there are lots of little Human/Cylon hybrid kids running around in the hanger bay, which has been turned into a ball pit.

nx1701g February 20 2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

I had noticed but a lot of people - including myself - just assumed it meant the number system meant nothing.

sjsharksfan39 February 20 2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

nx1701g wrote: (Post 2635677)
Quote:

I had noticed but a lot of people - including myself - just assumed it meant the number system meant nothing.

I still think it means nothing. The final 5 should have been 1-5 and then you had Cavil be 6 and the rest be 7-13 if it had meant something.

MyCylon February 20 2009 10:09 PM

^
Doesn't really sense, I think. Why would the Final Five (based on what we learned in No Exit) give themselves numbers? They all have names. Plus based on what we saw even before that, they weren't the only ones inhabiting Earth. So why should they be 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5? Why not 823, 943... or something?

The other Cylon models are their creation. So it makes sense they would start counting at one and go from there. I really don't see why they'd include themselves.

Berg417448 February 20 2009 10:11 PM

Why would the final 5 have numbers? They were just 5 among many individuals born and living on "earth". They re-created lost resurrection tech after being warned by the "messengers".

Once they made their deal with the cylons to help them create "skin jobs" it is quite logical for them to number the models since they were being manufactured from scratch. We know from "No Exit" that Cavil was the first to be made and he is model #1.