The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   TV's Most Brilliant Social Misfits Meet! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=83214)

Ugly Sweater February 19 2009 03:17 AM

TV's Most Brilliant Social Misfits Meet!

What would it be like if Dr. Gregory House -a brilliant diagnostician with a double specialty in infectious diseases and nephrology- head of the Princeton Plansboro Teach Hospital's unique Diagnostic Medicine department met up with brilliant Dr. Cal Lightman - a master of body language who helps criminal investigations due to his ability to read if people are lying or not.

Both men are obsessed with lies. House's own motto is "everyone lies" and whenever he finds someone who doesn't fit into this perception he does everything he can to find "a truth." Lightman sees lies everywhere he looks in the smallest facial tic or act of body language.

Dr. House a misanthrope and Lightman, well, not quite a misanthrope but certainly a man with "social issues."

I think these two were BORN to meet one another. I demand a crossover event where Lightman has some disease that House needs to diagnose and Lightman has a heyday on taking apart House's obsession with lies and the "lies" House formulates to do what he thinks is best to save his patient's life.

It would be awesome!

Othello February 19 2009 10:55 PM

Re: TV's Most Brilliant Social Misfits Meet!

Will never happen as the two characters interactions would only serve to harm/weaken the others character because of how they are.

Bah Humbug February 19 2009 11:26 PM

What show is Cal Lightman on?

FordSVT February 19 2009 11:56 PM

I'd like to put Dr. Cox from Scrubs and Dr. House in the same ER. Or make Dr. Kelso Gregory House's boss.

Hilarity or homicide ensues I'm sure.

auntiehill February 20 2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Gary Mitchell wrote: (Post 2632909)
What show is Cal Lightman on?

Lie to Me.

It's Tim Roth's character.

Personally, I'd like to see all the Miami show characters in a room together: Dexter, Michael from Burn Notice and that twat Carouso plays on CSI: Miami.

Actually, Michael Weston vs. Dexter would be a vveeerrry interesting match.

Scout101 February 20 2009 02:14 AM

Can we get Jack Bauer in there too?

"TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!! DAMN IT, WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!"

Agent Richard07 February 20 2009 03:04 AM

Followed your link Trekker. We were thinking the same thing. I also just realized that both shows are on FOX, so maybe they actually can do a crossover.

Ugly Sweater February 20 2009 05:23 AM

Quote:

Agent Richard07 wrote: (Post 2633527)
Followed your link Trekker. We were thinking the same thing. I also just realized that both shows are on FOX, so maybe they actually can do a crossover.

Both shows are on Fox but House is made by Universal Studios (NBC) and Lie to Me is made by Fox Television so there may be "issues" with doing crossovers. Not necessairly impossible, but...

LutherSloan February 20 2009 07:19 AM

FOX needs to do a House/'24' cross-over. :techman:

IndyJones February 20 2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

auntiehill wrote: (Post 2633053)
Personally, I'd like to see all the Miami show characters in a room together: Dexter, Michael from Burn Notice and that twat Carouso plays on CSI: Miami.

Only if by the end of the episode Michael and Horatio ended up as additions to Dexter's slide collection, and packaged in neat black garbage bags at the bottom of a deep body of water. :shifty:

auntiehill February 20 2009 11:20 PM

I don't think Dexter would take Michael out; he might see him as in the same line of business: justice. Beside, Michael would be VERY hard to kill in hand to hand combat.

Horatio, however, would cut, bagged and on the ocean floor before the first commercial break. :devil:

Star Wolf February 21 2009 12:32 AM

Dr. House, Dr. Bishop, Monk and Detective Goren?

IndyJones February 21 2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

auntiehill wrote: (Post 2636194)
I don't think Dexter would take Michael out; he might see him as in the same line of business: justice. Beside, Michael would be VERY hard to kill in hand to hand combat.

Horatio, however, would cut, bagged and on the ocean floor before the first commercial break. :devil:

:guffaw:

Well, I'd consider Michael a personal favor. ;)

shivkala February 21 2009 02:53 AM

I'd really like Michael Weston and Angus MacGyver to meet.