The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Batman: Arkham Asylum (Video Game) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=82539)

nx1701g February 13 2009 02:36 AM

Batman: Arkham Asylum (Video Game)

I didn't see a thread on this (somewhat old news though) so I thought I'd post a link to the trailer for this upcoming game.

Quote:

Batman: Arkham Asylum:
After a massive manhunt the Batman has captured and returned the Joker to Arkham Asylum for imprisonment. But not all is as it seems. As soon as the Joker is back inside the asylum, it is revealed that he has set a trap for the Batman, using the Asylum's own impenetrable defenses against him. Batman must now not only try to escape from the hazards of the Asylum, but also recapture the Joker and reveal his true intentions.
Trailer

Also seems to be a reunion of the Batman TAS Cast (but the Joker sounds more like the The Batman Joker to me than Mark Hamill).

Hartzilla2007 February 13 2009 04:54 AM

Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum (Video Game)

Will this be released on PS2?

TheBrew February 13 2009 05:09 AM

That is unmistakably Mark Hamill.

Aragorn February 13 2009 05:11 AM

It's Mark Hamill, but it's substantially different than "The Animated Series" Joker.

Chess Piece Face February 13 2009 05:16 AM

It doesn't seem that different to me. Perhaps it sounds a little off from the compressed youtube audio. (unless you mean the visual design)

nx1701g February 13 2009 05:36 AM

^ Something about it when I first heard it reminded me of the guy from The Batman. I can hear Hamill in it, but he reminded me more of that one by Keith Michael Richardson. I can't explain it.

Hartzilla2007 February 13 2009 07:54 AM

Looks like it will be a cool game.

nx1701g February 13 2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Hartzilla2007 wrote: (Post 2607155)
Will this be released on PS2?

I'm sorry to say that Wikipedia only lists: Playstation 3, Windows, and X-Box 360.

Gojirob February 13 2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

nx1701g wrote: (Post 2607309)
^ Something about it when I first heard it reminded me of the guy from The Batman. I can hear Hamill in it, but he reminded me more of that one by Keith Michael Richardson. I can't explain it.

During the making of Batman Beyond : ROTJ, they deliberately asked MH to tone down his wild Joker routine, to make him seem a bit creepier by this relative calmness, among other things that involve plot spoilers. Perhaps that new take has carried over to this. Is this MH's first Joker since his JL appearance?

As we all know, when MH played the Trickster on live-action Flash, it opened the door for him to voice Joker. I loved it in JLU's final season when he voiced Trickster, but did so in what was essentially his own voice, with almost no inflection. I think that was his last voicing in the Timmverse.

Reverend February 13 2009 03:08 PM

I think the last time he player Joker was for the deleted story board sequence on Tim Burton's Batman DVD.

As for the game, I'll wait for the demo to pass judgement. After all, excellent voice actors and good graphics do not a good game make.

God Magnus February 13 2009 03:59 PM

Oooooh, that looks awful purty. The art style reminds me of the "Judge Dredd/Batman" crossover from the 90's (which I liked).

nx1701g February 14 2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Reverend wrote: (Post 2608248)
As for the game, I'll wait for the demo to pass judgement. After all, excellent voice actors and good graphics do not a good game make.

That's a very good point.

Brikar99 February 14 2009 01:14 AM

I've seen bits about this game trickling out over the last couple months, and it sounds pretty cool. Arleen Sorkin is also back as Harley Quinn, but I think that's it for the TAS voice cast returning.

At this point, I don't think I'll pre-order it, but at the very least I'll give it a rental to see if it's worth a purchase. I'm itching for a good Batman game.

Broccoli February 14 2009 05:06 AM

Hmm...if this game takes place all inside Arkham, I can see two things:

1) The game is somewhat short.

2) Arkham is a HELL OF A LOT bigger than previously established in any incarnation of Batman and has a TON more prisoners (assuming that Bats will face off against many henchmen).

Not that #2 will make or break the game. It'll be just an interesting observation, if true.

Aragorn February 14 2009 05:44 AM

The last Batman game I bought was Batman: Vengeance from the previous generation of consoles. Looked exactly like The Animated Series, with the same voices and everything, which was cool. But the gameplay felt broken.