The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Fan Art (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   S.S. Enterprise UEV-47 (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=82273)

uniderth February 10 2009 07:15 PM

S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
Well I decided to remake my old S.S. Enterprise. I wanted to make it more accurate to what was seen on screen as well as to Matt Jefferies' designs. So here's the first image. It is a comparison to the original painting of the ship which was used as a basis for the image seen on the rec deck of the Enterprise.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2012/entreoo1.th.jpg

This image shows the sublight drive. Yes, I did notice that it seems a little small to push the ship. But if you consider that those magnetlooking things around it somehow enhance the thrust, it all works out fine.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3...rendnt4.th.jpg

End here's is one of the added features of this model. The Enviropod or E-Pod. This is indicated on some of Jefferies' sketches of this ship. On the original model I had this as part of the shuttlecraft and cargo system.
So just what is an E-Pod, well it plays music. Sorry, but I know you were thinking the same thing. Actually I imagine it is some sort of lifeboat/escape pod. Hopefully I'll be able to design it in a way to house the entire crew. So think of it sort of as a lifeboat/Captain's yacht/backup shuttlecraft all rolled into one sort fo thingy.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/224/entrend2fl2.th.jpg

Here's thr front. The checkered texture helps me to align all the bits on the full texter. After I get everything sorted out I'll replace the checker will hull panels.

The big glowy white thing is the Navigational deflector. The little brown looking thingies are sensor arrays.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6...rontwx6.th.jpg

asdf1 February 10 2009 09:05 PM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
It was always an interesting ship (clearly based of the Vulcan ships), and i've wanted to see more of it. Looking forward to seeing more of your work

Chemahkuu February 10 2009 09:10 PM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
^The original Jefferies sketch of this ship is from the early 60's as part of the concept work for The Original Series. The Vulcan ring ships didn't appear until 2001/2002 in Enterprise. Theres been no indication the two are in any way related.

Having said that I've always wanted to see more of this ship and I'm glad you're taking the time to work on it uniderth. Looking good so far.

asdf1 February 10 2009 09:24 PM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
Quote:

Chemahkuu wrote: (Post 2597465)
^The original Jefferies sketch of this ship is from the early 60's as part of the concept work for The Original Series. The Vulcan ring ships didn't appear until 2001/2002 in Enterprise. Theres been no indication the two are in any way related.

Having said that I've always wanted to see more of this ship and I'm glad you're taking the time to work on it uniderth. Looking good so far.

Ah well, i stand corrected, your trek knowledge is superior to mine

Ryan Thomas Riddle February 10 2009 10:02 PM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
Quote:

Chemahkuu wrote: (Post 2597465)
^The original Jefferies sketch of this ship is from the early 60's as part of the concept work for The Original Series. The Vulcan ring ships didn't appear until 2001/2002 in Enterprise. Theres been no indication the two are in any way related.

Having said that I've always wanted to see more of this ship and I'm glad you're taking the time to work on it uniderth. Looking good so far.

Moreover, Jefferies recycled the design for Gene Roddenberry's Starship series proposal in the 70s.

miraclefan February 10 2009 10:26 PM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
:D
Quote:

uniderth wrote: (Post 2597049)
Well I decided to remake my old S.S. Enterprise. I wanted to make it more accurate to what was seen on screen as well as to Matt Jefferies' designs. So here's the first image. It is a comparison to the original painting of the ship which was used as a basis for the image seen on the rec deck of the Enterprise.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2012/entreoo1.th.jpg

This image shows the sublight drive. Yes, I did notice that it seems a little small to push the ship. But if you consider that those magnetlooking things around it somehow enhance the thrust, it all works out fine.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3...rendnt4.th.jpg

End here's is one of the added features of this model. The Enviropod or E-Pod. This is indicated on some of Jefferies' sketches of this ship. On the original model I had this as part of the shuttlecraft and cargo system.
So just what is an E-Pod, well it plays music. Sorry, but I know you were thinking the same thing. Actually I imagine it is some sort of lifeboat/escape pod. Hopefully I'll be able to design it in a way to house the entire crew. So think of it sort of as a lifeboat/Captain's yacht/backup shuttlecraft all rolled into one sort fo thingy.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/224/entrend2fl2.th.jpg

Here's thr front. The checkered texture helps me to align all the bits on the full texter. After I get everything sorted out I'll replace the checker will hull panels.

The big glowy white thing is the Navigational deflector. The little brown looking thingies are sensor arrays.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6...rontwx6.th.jpg

I love this design :drool: I had always hoped that on ENTERPRISE they would have reveled this to be a early warp earth vessal converted from a old Vulcan ship, that the Vulcans gave us to PLAY around with.

Sin87 February 10 2009 10:46 PM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
A quote about the ship. don't know where it came from.

"Seven of these vessels were donated to Humanity by the Vulcans in 2098 in order to allow passengers and cargo to be flown between Earth and the Alpha Centauri colony."

Some other references state the ship as been a 300 m long Declaration class starliner for 800 passengers.

Anyway it's a shame the vessel class never actually appeared in the shows despite they're a few good places in Enterprise such as when they return to Earth after the Xindi mission.

miraclefan February 10 2009 10:49 PM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
Quote:

Sin87 wrote: (Post 2597944)
A quote about the ship. don't know where it came from.

"Seven of these vessels were donated to Humanity by the Vulcans in 2098 in order to allow passengers and cargo to be flown between Earth and the Alpha Centauri colony."

Some other references state the ship as been a 300 m long Declaration class starliner for 800 passengers.

Anyway it's a shame the vessel class never actually appeared in the shows despite they're a few good places in Enterprise such as when they return to Earth after the Xindi mission.

Now you see, this is a good short and sweet origin story I would have liked to have seen on ENTERPRISE. :cool:

Praetor February 10 2009 10:57 PM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
Great model!

Alternately, it could be explained that the Vulcans donated the warp drives themselves, rings and all, and that humanity build the actual ships around them, explaining why they aren't red.

I've never bought this design as a 'spaceliner.'

Sin87 February 11 2009 12:29 AM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
In my opinion they most likely did donate the warp drive rings that would have been from some sort of long (Thats really looooong time as it is the Vulcans) retired Vulcan ship & then humanity just had built a new hull onto the ring so it matches the main ship.

The ship in the middle most likely is a vessel that is already in service & was given a rebuild so it could use the warp ring.

Albertese February 11 2009 02:56 AM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
Yeah, I never bought it as a liner either. It could be "donated" hardware. I saw one guys speculation though which I really liked that made it out to be a test ship that was experimenting with the Vulcan's idea of ring shaped warp drives, but that the direction was abandoned after it was realized that the Human (and most everybody else's for that matter) paired nacelles were preferable for some reason.

I'm fairly certain it was someone from this board. Had a CGI model and everything...

Something about a clipper...?

miraclefan February 11 2009 04:54 AM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
Quote:

Praetor wrote: (Post 2598004)
Great model!

Alternately, it could be explained that the Vulcans donated the warp drives themselves, rings and all, and that humanity build the actual ships around them, explaining why they aren't red.

I've never bought this design as a 'spaceliner.'

Agread, I have never bought this as a starliner either :angryrazz: Since warp drive would STILL be quite new, I don't see many people risking there lives to go on something that BREAKS the laws of science as we know them.

uniderth February 11 2009 06:55 AM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
Hey thanks for the replies everyone. This is probably one of my favorite ships. Maybe because we know so little about it.

1. But as for the story behind it I'm one of those that doesn't consider Enterprise part of Star Trek. So this ship would be in the place that the NX-01 is. So if you want to consider this my own little trekiverse then that's fine.

But anyway, this ship exists around 2150s through the Romulan War(I'm also working on a story about this) and the founding of the Federation. This ship is later donated to the newly founded Federation and became the U.S.S. Enterprise XCV-330 matching the registery seen in TMP. XCV possibly means eXChange Vehicle. A designation given to vessels donate to the Federation.

Warp technology in this version is not as primitive as in ENT. The Vulcans didn’t hold Earth back. Vulcan ships engines aren’t round, they’re like those on First Contact. The round engines are Earth technology.

The second captain of this ship is Captain Jonathan Stiles ancestor of the Lieutenant Stiles of the TOS episode Balance of Terror. The first captain isn’t decided yet but Stiles is the main character.

ShamelessMcBundy February 11 2009 07:37 AM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
I never did like that ship.

Chemahkuu February 11 2009 03:14 PM

Re: S.S. Enterprise UEV-47
 
Quote:

uniderth wrote: (Post 2599580)
Hey thanks for the replies everyone. This is probably one of my favorite ships. Maybe because we know so little about it.

1. But as for the story behind it I'm one of those that doesn't consider Enterprise part of Star Trek. So this ship would be in the place that the NX-01 is. So if you want to consider this my own little trekiverse then that's fine.

But anyway, this ship exists around 2150s through the Romulan War(I'm also working on a story about this) and the founding of the Federation. This ship is later donated to the newly founded Federation and became the U.S.S. Enterprise XCV-330 matching the registery seen in TMP. XCV possibly means eXChange Vehicle. A designation given to vessels donate to the Federation.

Warp technology in this version is not as primitive as in ENT. The Vulcans didnít hold Earth back. Vulcan ships engines arenít round, theyíre like those on First Contact. The round engines are Earth technology.

The second captain of this ship is Captain Jonathan Stiles ancestor of the Lieutenant Stiles of the TOS episode Balance of Terror. The first captain isnít decided yet but Stiles is the main character.

Sounds fine to me, I've seen speculative service dates for the Jefferies Class around 2143 so 2150's would fit nicely too. So is she around Warp 6 or 7 on the


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.