The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=81178)

Agent Richard07 January 30 2009 05:08 AM

Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath".
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

"The Oath"

http://www.cyberspace5.net/agentrich...4200900666.jpg

"Adama continues with his plan to use Cylon drive technology on Colonial ships. The closer ties between the rebel Cylons and the humans sets off a violent uprising in the fleet." - TV.com

Gregsmack January 30 2009 05:46 AM

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath"

Haven't seen a single promo, but from the implications of last week this one seems like it will be a total bombshell.

sidious618 January 30 2009 06:52 AM

This one could get very ugly. Hopefully both sides will give in on the issues. I don't want Adama toget hurt but I can't really agree with his position. I agree with Zarek but the guy is a bastard, albeit one who is fun to watch.

The Evil Dead January 30 2009 05:56 PM

Is anyone else Pro-Zarek/Gaeta?

MPH January 30 2009 06:59 PM

I can see both sides of the argument being right.

SalvorHardin January 30 2009 07:07 PM

You know, I'm really looking forward for this show to be over. And I mean this in a good way.

Between the huge season and mid-season gaps I really want to finally see how it will all turn out and how the questions will be answered.

Oh well, not much more to go...

DeafPoet January 30 2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

The Evil Dead wrote: (Post 2557827)

Not in the slightest. I'm actually surprised so many people are sympathizing with those dudes.

backstept January 30 2009 07:33 PM

both sides seem to be half right . . . that's the tough thing about this show is that nothing is black or white . . .

Ethros January 30 2009 07:46 PM

Watched the 30sec preview this morning; can't wait for this one!

I wanna see Gaeta lose the rest of his limbs in a bloody massacre! :D

I think it's hard for us the viewers to be on the side of Zarek & Gaeta as we've always been on the inside as it were, but you can see why people of the fleet would stand with them, having not seen the whole picture from their perspectives

IndyJones January 30 2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

DeafPoet wrote: (Post 2558100)
Quote:

Not in the slightest. I'm actually surprised so many people are sympathizing with those dudes.

I don't know...I mean if you think about what the people in the fleet have been through, not having regular contact with 'good' cylons, it's pretty reasonable that they would be suspicious of any cylon help.

Edit to add: Ethros pretty much said what I was thinking, and beat me to the punch. This is what happens when I wait half an hour to respond ;)

Hartzilla2007 January 30 2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

IndyJones wrote: (Post 2558267)
Quote:

Quote:

I don't know...I mean if you think about what the people in the fleet have been through, not having regular contact with 'good' cylons, it's pretty reasonable that they would be suspicious of any cylon help.

Edit to add: Ethros pretty much said what I was thinking, and beat me to the punch. This is what happens when I wait half an hour to respond ;)

Well good point plus the people of the Fleet probably don't know that

1) Zarek is a self-centered ass

DeafPoet January 30 2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

IndyJones wrote: (Post 2558267)
Quote:

Quote:

You and Ethros make a good point. It's totally logical that the people of the fleet would feel that way. In fact, it'd be lame if they didn't.

But Felix and to some extent Zarek know better. That's why I don't buy it.

Raz January 30 2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We (as "the viewer") see way more than what the fleet (fictional characters) sees. In that context I find the Quorom and even Zarek's reaction something I can understand and sympathise with.

Gaeta, not so much, because he's a bit closer to things.

Harvey January 30 2009 10:05 PM

It's hard to sympathize with anyone in this situation. Adama and Roslin have been ineffective leaders, misleading their people for "the greater good." Turns out the greater good was a lie. Zarek is an opportunist, and Gaeta is bitter and personally motivated, too. They may have a point, but the next question is, how can they do better than Roslin and Adama?

The Evil Dead January 30 2009 10:33 PM

I'm calling it now, next week's episode, Alessandro Juliani and Richard Hatch get top billing in the credits.