The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   R2 S4.5 "Final Season" DVDs (Amazon.co.uk) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=81105)

MyCylon January 29 2009 11:27 AM

R2 S4.5 "Final Season" DVDs (Amazon.co.uk)

Amazon.co.uk has nuBSG's "Final Season" DVD set listed. There isn't much information yet (no surprises there), but here's what they've got:

- Release date: June 1, 2009
- 4 Discs

P.S.: Play.com has the same release date.

Ethros January 29 2009 03:41 PM

Re: R2 S4.5 "Final Season" DVDs (Amazon.co.uk)

I've held off getting the 4.0 set, as I wonder if there'll be a "complete Season 4 set" when this comes out.
Although that didn't with The Sopranos Season 6 pt.1 & pt.2, so maybe not. Either way I still have them all on my Sky+ anyway :D

No doubt there'll be less extras than on the R1 too, but its such a hassle importing them I'll live without

flux_29 January 29 2009 05:12 PM

No cover art released yet thou.

Ethros January 29 2009 06:21 PM

Seen as only two episodes of what will be on this DVD have even aired yet, not really surprising

MyCylon January 29 2009 06:24 PM

I caved back when 4.0 was released, so I'll be picking up this one :D.

And, yeah, no cover art yet. I don't remember how much in advance the artwork was published last time.

Ethros January 29 2009 06:32 PM

^ I don't think it was even annouced until after the 10 episodes had finished

Bishbot January 29 2009 06:35 PM

Gah! R2 BSG sets! Why do you taunt me so? I STILL don't have Season 3 or 4.0 - I just can't bring myself to spend the money on subpar merchandise. I really have got to sort out an import.

MyCylon January 29 2009 07:18 PM

^
Apologies for taunting :D. Btw. I always have to think of "Knights of the Round Table" when I hear or read the word "taunt" or "taunting" ;).

They've got the episodes in DVD quality. That's all I really care about. I'm not crazy on extras, really.

If you want to import, why not go through Amazon.com? The dollar's pretty cheap at the moment, I think. And their shipping costs aren't too bad.

cultcross January 29 2009 10:18 PM

I really think the prices of this and 4.0 are ridiculous. The complete season would cost you 50+, when the first 3 plus the mini-series are currently in boxset form for around 30. Even the stupidly overpriced Law and Order: SVU doesn't hit 50/season.

Bishbot January 30 2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Justtoyourleft wrote: (Post 2554731)
^
Apologies for taunting :D. Btw. I always have to think of "Knights of the Round Table" when I hear or read the word "taunt" or "taunting" ;).

They've got the episodes in DVD quality. That's all I really care about. I'm not crazy on extras, really.

If you want to import, why not go through Amazon.com? The dollar's pretty cheap at the moment, I think. And their shipping costs aren't too bad.

I'm not so bothered about extras either, but we don't get the extended episodes either, and that really pisses me off. But yeah, Amazon.com is the way forward.

Ethros January 31 2009 12:25 AM

^ No Unfinished Business for Season 3, but we did get the extended Pegasus in Season 2

Angel4576 January 31 2009 12:54 AM

The R2 sets are marginally better than the R2 releases for The Dead Zone and Numb3rs. All of which have loads of extras on the R1 discs, and none on the R2 sets. At least with the BSG releases, there are SOME extras. Fair to say that they could be a lot better though.

I used to get pretty pissed off with this, but then I remembered that I rarely watch any of the extras anyway. The extended episodes aside, I'm not that bothered about anything other than getting the episodes in DVD quality.

I'll get this release, but anyone who needs a lot of the sets should probably wait a while. I remember when Season 3 came out, it was about 40. A week or two later they brought out the Seasons 1-3 set for about 45.

MyCylon January 31 2009 04:08 AM

It's definitely worth waiting. I did it for season 1 - 3. But I couldn't wait to re-watch S4.0 so I picked it up immediately :-D. But I agree that 50 is way too much for one season.

borgboy February 15 2009 08:18 PM

I'll be getting Season 4.0 for my birthday...maybe 4.5 will be out by XMas?
I assume that the Gaeta webisodes will be on 4.5? I'd be pretty disapointed if they're not.

Ethros February 15 2009 10:19 PM

^ Knowing Playback, (the company that releases these on R2) probably not