The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   what is your favorite class of starship and y (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=80743)

kent January 26 2009 02:32 AM

what is your favorite class of starship and y

I have tossups personally. I LOVE the intrepid design because it's fast, powerful, and sleek looking. But ultimately, I think I love the Galaxy class more because it's more regal looking, like the King riding at the head of his army in his royal army clothes and handsome steed, with the war horn in the background. Majestic i think is the right word.

Myasishchev January 26 2009 03:01 AM

Re: what is your favorite class of starship and y

Sovereign, followed by Excelsior, Constitution, Akira, Miranda, Ambassador, Galaxy, Constellation, Olympic, Nebula, NX, Oberth, and so forth... Intrepid's ugly to my sensibilities, but still better than the gimmicked Constructicon that is the Prometheus.

If we're not only counting Federation starships, the D'Deridex is perhaps the most beautiful spaceship ever designed, and the Breen cruisers and Son'a battleships look good, too.

miraclefan January 26 2009 03:28 AM

I would say my favorite ship would be the NX-01.I just really like the design.However if I

RyanKCR January 26 2009 03:29 AM

The refit constitution as portrayed in TMP. It was the first starship I ever saw that looked and felt real to me. When I first saw it I believe I could almost step through the screen and really be there. Plus I believe it a beautiful, elegant and logical feeling design.

That is not quite the feeling I have for the ship but it is the best in words that I can express. Basically there is just something about her....

JNG January 26 2009 03:33 AM

Quote:

Myasishchev wrote: (Post 2541661)
the D'Deridex is perhaps the most beautiful spaceship ever designed

I'm a huge fan of that Warbird myself, particularly the way they lit the model on the show; also, I love the original Romulan Bird of Prey with its 60s fin and cool painted bird. Romulans are just cool.

miraclefan January 26 2009 03:39 AM

WOW!sorry about that,as I was saying if I had to command a ship it would be the NOVA Class Rhode Island Variant.It's a small ship,but I like the fact it's a small and compact ship and you don't have a large crew you would have to worry about,Remember YOU are responsible for the lives of your crew so for me the smaller the better.Plus it,s got decent offensive capabillates in case you get in a bind and is very manuverable and the fact it sorta looks like a miniature soveriegn class dosen't hurt.:techman:

Jono January 26 2009 04:24 AM

The Akira class. I like the design, it looks fast and powerful.

sbk1234 January 26 2009 04:55 AM

I have to go with the TMP Constitution class. It was just a work of art. Truly, the feather in the crown of Starfleet ships.

Another personal favorite was the Intrepid class. I thought it was beautiful, functional, and just a dream to watch.

It's not mentioned in the thread, but my least favorite was the Defiant class. As far as I'm concerned, it's an ugly war tortoise.

trekkerguy January 26 2009 04:57 AM

The non-refit Excelsior class.

It personifies Star Trek design in my opinion and has an almost majestic appearence.

Myasishchev January 26 2009 05:15 AM

Argh, I can't believe I forgot the Defiant.:scream: A front-runner in my view.

hellsgate January 26 2009 09:09 PM

I'd have to say the Legacy-Class by Galen & Kaden of SciFi-Meshes.Com, followed-up by the Interceptor-Class, the Swift-Class and the Defiant-Class.

I prefer small to medium in size vessels, as they're more agile ships that can dip, yaw & bank between larger (Keldon-Class, et al.) enemy ships in close-quarters running fire fights. Ships with more options such as "CONDITION: BLUE" (vertical take-off & landing), thicker armor to take more hits before it core-breaches, and Quantum Slipstream.

Infern0 January 26 2009 09:48 PM

If I could command any ship I would pick a Galaxy Class, and install the following upgrades:

Ejectable Warp Core
Quantum Torpedoes
Phasers that can destroy little kamikaze ships
Phasers on the Stardrive section

Vanyel January 26 2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Infern0 wrote: (Post 2543964)
If I could command any ship I would pick a Galaxy Class, and install the following upgrades:

Ejectable Warp Core
Quantum Torpedoes
Phasers that can destroy little kamikaze ships
Phasers on the Stardrive section

The Galaxy does have an ejectable War Core, The 1701D's just didn't seem to work.

Her phasers can hit multiple small objects like in Conundrum.

The Stardrive has phasers: A strip on the battle bridge head part of the ship, a strip on the ventral side just behind the deflector dish, small ones on either side of the aft torpedo launchers, and on the warp nacelle pylons.

My favorite ships:
Starfleet:
Sovereign - looks like it's always moving and just looks good.
Intrepid - Scrappy, fast and agile and it can land.
Akira - I like the catamaran design.

Earth:
NX Class - I just like that catamaran look.

Vulcan:
Sh'Ran - giant ring looks cool.

Other:
D'Deridex - Mean and green, the double hull design is prett cool.
Breen ships are just cool do to their asymmetrical design.
Negh'var - the Klingons really made a piece of beauty and firepower.

Red Ranger January 26 2009 11:52 PM

Counting all the ships, Federation and other, my top faves are, in this order:

-Refit Constitution-class starship;
-Sovereign-class vessel;
-Romulan Warbird, D'deridex-class; and
-Klingon warship, Neqh'Var-class

I like my starships big and powerful! LOL!

Red Ranger

Alrik January 27 2009 12:03 AM

For me its a toss up between the original Connie and the re-fit Connie with the Galaxy Class coming next.