The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I'm disappointed! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=80593)

Agent Richard07 January 24 2009 05:12 AM

I'm disappointed!

For months, I was excited that we were going to get half a season set on Earth, disecting its mythology and everything about it, but it looks like the fleet has moved on already. After all the build-up and anticipation, we got only one episode about Earth and that was it. Something that big should have gotten more. I suppose you could say that we got what we needed, but still, it all feels like it was over too quickly.

I'm still excited though. Maybe we won't get some big exploration of the promised land, but we still have a lot of big issues up in the air and I'm very much looking forward to seeing where it all goes. For now, I'll just have to sit back and enjoy the ride, and who knows, maybe we'll get a surprise.

Speaking of Earth... Poor D'Anna. She was just left there all alone for the rest of her life. I wonder what'll become of her. What a way to go, and what a way to drop a character from the show.

Robert Maxwell January 24 2009 05:13 AM

Re: I'm disappointed!

Earth was a wreck, and formerly populated with Cylons. Would they really want to stick around? Like a bad memory, I'm sure Adama and Roslin just wanted to forget about it as quickly as possible--and out of sight, out of mind. This week's episode seems to bear that out.

Brent January 24 2009 05:14 AM

There isn't anything there for them, no useable soil or animal life or resources, so they had to move on to find a habitable planet. I bet they'll end up going back though at some point, and answers will be given.

bigdaddy January 24 2009 05:15 AM

Why waste time on a waste land? I too wish they would have stayed longer, and frankly managed the episodes more that they could have less bullshit episodes and more substance, but oh well.

They wanted a new home, Earth wasn't that. They are running low of food and need to hurry to find a new home.

And Three wanted to stay on Earth, did you not see the end of the episode last week? I think that is fitting to her character.

DontFeedPhil January 24 2009 05:16 AM

At the rate its going I doubt they are gonna answer all the questions theyve dangled out for us. This episode was filler and next week seem like filler too...OH well

Guy Gardener January 24 2009 05:16 AM

earth has ressurection technology.

When D'ana dies, god knows where she is going to wake up but it won't be with Cylons that she is familiar with.

Brent January 24 2009 05:18 AM

Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 2536208)

that has never been stated in the show, only theorized by fans

Agent Richard07 January 24 2009 05:20 AM

Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 2536202)
And Three wanted to stay on Earth, did you not see the end of the episode last week? I think that is fitting to her character.

Yeah, but it just seems like an odd way to say farewell and it makes you think about her all alone there.

DeafPoet January 24 2009 05:24 AM

If we never physically end up going back to Earth (which we very well could), I get the feeling Earth and what its deal is will loom large over the remainder of the series. The planet was trashed so they don't need to be there. But, it's fertile ground for storytelling. You can deal with Earth's secrets without actually being there. I'm assuming they kept a bunch of souvenirs to analyze.

Brent January 24 2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Agent Richard07 wrote: (Post 2536225)
Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 2536202)

Yeah, but it just seems like an odd way to say farewell and it makes you think about her all alone there.

maybe we will see her again, and maybe they left her food

Agent Richard07 January 24 2009 05:29 AM

Quote:

DeafPoet wrote: (Post 2536242)
If we never physically end up going back to Earth (which we very well could), I get the feeling Earth and what its deal is will loom large over the remainder of the series. The planet was trashed so they don't need to be there. But, it's fertile ground for storytelling. You can deal with Earth's secrets without actually being there.

Yeah, I'm thinking that they could go that route.

Tom January 24 2009 05:53 AM

Im sure Cavil's cylon group will get to Earth and find Deanna there and it may lead to further plot developments etc..

sidious618 January 24 2009 06:06 AM

I was impressed with the current plot development. They have so many balls in the air and just when you think they'll put one down they throw in an extra one. It's going to be one hell of a ride.

Dar70 January 24 2009 07:11 AM

Im sure the whole earth thing will be back in the limelight by the last few episodes. At least we now know why everything with the colonials looks liike it came from earth.:lol:

Mutenroshi January 24 2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Brent wrote: (Post 2536212)
Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 2536208)

that has never been stated in the show, only theorized by fans

Not only that but Earth has also the capability to build brand new Vipers!!!
:techman::techman::techman: