The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica 4x12: "A Disquiet Follows My Soul" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=80496)

Agent Richard07 January 23 2009 05:35 AM

Battlestar Galactica 4x12: "A Disquiet Follows My Soul"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Battlestar Galactica 4x12: "A Disquiet Follows My Soul".
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

"A Disquiet Follows My Soul"

http://www.cyberspace5.net/agentrich...200900001b.jpg

"Admiral Adama wants to use Cylon technology to help the fleet find a new permanent home, but not everyone agrees with his plan." - TV.com

* This is the first episode to be written and filmed after the writers' strike. It's also the first episode directed by Ron Moore.

sidious618 January 23 2009 05:46 AM

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x12: "A Disquiet Follows My Soul"

An episode written solely by Ron Moore and directed by Ron Moore? I might as well give it the "excellent" rating already. ;)

Gregsmack January 23 2009 06:13 AM

^ My thoughts exactly. Here's hoping.

Going back to season 4.0, I realize I've given the last 3 episodes (Hub, Revelations, Notion) all 'excellent' ratings. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just letting my excitement get ahead of me, but I went and did a quick re-watch and realized the show HAS been that good.

Can the next 9 episodes keep up this extraordinary quality? Unfathomable (gotta be a misstep somewhere, right?), but still possible.

Brent January 23 2009 06:18 AM

Quote:

Admiral Adama wants to use Cylon technology to help the fleet find a new permanent home
It makes perfect sense to me, the fleet needs all the help they can get really.

Aragorn January 23 2009 09:10 AM

The humans were created by Cylons. They rebelled. They evolved. And Adama has a plan!

FelizNavidad January 23 2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Aragorn wrote: (Post 2533137)
The humans were created by Cylons. They rebelled. They evolved. And Adama has a plan!

You know, that would be an awesome new tagline for the final few episodes. It kind of makes sense. ;)

Looking forward to it, even though I will be out tomorrow night and have to record it. At least I can watch it right when I get home and fast forward commercials. After last week, I really can't wait till Fridays now because each episode brings us closer to the resolution of all of this. I wonder what we'll find out tomorrow.

137th Gebirg January 23 2009 02:55 PM

I'm loving the titles of these new eps so far. Very poetic and introspective. Is there a full list of titles available anywhere? I also remember sites popping up all over the place with "promotional stills" of each upcoming episode. That appears to not be as common this time around.

DeafPoet January 23 2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

137th Gebirg wrote: (Post 2533525)
I'm loving the titles of these new eps so far. Very poetic and introspective. Is there a full list of titles available anywhere? I also remember sites popping up all over the place with "promotional stills" of each upcoming episode. That appears to not be as common this time around.

Yeah, they seem to be keeping a pretty tight lid on things. Fine by me. I'd read the spoilers if they were out there, against my better judgment.

Solstice January 23 2009 06:04 PM

These are the titles for the rest of the season, according to BattlestarWiki.

Spider January 24 2009 02:40 AM

Quote:

sidious618 wrote: (Post 2532765)
An episode written solely by Ron Moore and directed by Ron Moore? I might as well give it the "excellent" rating already. ;)

LOL. My take as well. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Mr. Adventure January 24 2009 04:11 AM

It's good to know that the press is alive an well on the Galactica Transistor Radio Network.

EDIT: oops posted in the wrong thread...

EnsignRicky January 24 2009 05:01 AM

That was a good exposition episode. Next week's looks much better.

Agent Richard07 January 24 2009 05:03 AM

I went with 'average'. We got some good character stuff, especially with Bill "Sometimes I really hate this job" Adama (:lol:) and finding out that Hot Dog was the one who got Cally pregnant, but a lot of the episode felt like a return to the early season 4 lull.

Other random stuff...

- Looked like the Chief was ready to give away the kid he's been raising.

- This wan't the first time it's been implied that Bill and Laura slept together is it? Didn't they do this on New Caprica along with smoking pot?

- Took guts or stupidity for Six to be talking about the future of the Cylon race in front of the doctors.

ialfan January 24 2009 05:03 AM

I voted excellent. It was quite entertaining and moved the plot along nicely. :) Plus it had lots of Zarek! Wonder were Tory and Anders were though...

OdoWanKenobi January 24 2009 05:03 AM

This episode seemed mostly setup for what looks to be an intense next episode. Pretty average overall.