The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TrekToday News Items (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Pine: Star Trek XI Not Steamy (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=79575)

TrekToday January 14 2009 07:49 AM

Pine: Star Trek XI Not Steamy

Despite hints in the trailer, don't expect <i>Star Trek XI</i> to be steamy according to <font color=yellow>Chris Pine</font>. <p>As reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://www.eonline.com">E!Online</A>, in spite of Pine's previous statement that the <i>Star Trek</i> franchise had been "sexed up for a new generation," don't expect anything that goes over the line. "It is a different 'Star Trek,' but there's no crazy sex scene," said Pine, speaking at the HBO Golden Globes party. "There may be some bare midriffs, but you know it's been a long time since the bikini was invented, so I don't think we're going to ruffle any feathers."<p>Pine had previously predicted that the scene in which Uhura (<font color=yellow>Zoe Saldana</font>) is shown in her bra while changing would "become famous." Another trailer scene showed Kirk in a provocative scene with an Orion woman (<font color=yellow>Rachel Nichols</font>) in what was said to be one of the two love scenes in <i>Star Trek XI</i>.<p>With the release of <i>Star Trek XI</i> several months away, Pine is ready for what is to come. "I'm waiting patiently," he said. "I'm like an eight-year-old on Christmas Eve."<p>To read the article, head to the link located <A class="link" HREF="http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b78920_star_trek_star_comes_clean_on_crazy_sex.htm l">here</A>.<center></center>

billcosby January 14 2009 04:21 PM

Re: Pine: Star Trek XI Not Steamy

That's perfectly fine with me.
I don't know about Joe Six Pack, but I don't go looking for "steam" in movies titled Star Trek. They have other movies chock full of Steam Demons

Morpheus 02 January 14 2009 09:09 PM

i am just wondering if it will be appropriate to bring my 4 year old girl to the new Star Trek...

Lord Garth January 14 2009 10:52 PM

I don't think I'd take a four-year-old to see a PG-13 movie just in general. For what it's worth, if I were considering it, I'd screen the movie first.

GodzFire January 14 2009 10:52 PM

Uhh even if there wasn't anything of a sexual nature, a 4-year old has no business watching a film like this. Putting the issue of it being so loud they'll start crying, the action/violence is way too strong for someone of that age.

T'Cal January 15 2009 03:36 AM

I took my oldest, who was 4 at the time, to see GEN (PG). He was already a TNG fan so I didn't think twice about bringing him along. The crash landing of the E-D was so loud in the theatre that it freaked him out. I kid him now that it had to be Shallaff's syndrome. I wanted to see it again but he didn't so my wife and I took him and my then 3-year-old daughter to a drive-in showing of it and told him my son that he could control the volume of the van's radio. He could turn it all the way down at the loud parts if he wanted. This worked out very well.

As they got older, in the 13-15 year range, we didn't allow them to see PG-13 films unless we saw it first. Way too much sex and nudity is allowed in movies with that rating. I've read that PG-13 means they can use the F-bomb once in the film. I must be getting old but I've seen too many PG-13 films that I felt should've been rated R.

I'm actually very happy to read what Pine said about this. While violence is often a part of the story, Trek really doesn't need foul language or sex scenes to make it exciting or realistic. It's always been about the stories, moral dilemas, and ethics for me.

Broccoli January 15 2009 03:53 AM

What?! No hard core sex scene. Pfft...totally going to pass on this movie then. Rumor reports that I got involved a three-way between Old Spock, Young Spock, and Kirk. Now that that's looking like it won't happen, this movie will flop!

Temis the Vorta January 15 2009 04:55 AM

Romance has always been Trek's achilles heel. Leave that stuff for the fanfic writers.
Quote:

Rumor reports that I got involved a three-way between Old Spock, Young Spock, and Kirk.
Leave that stuff for the fanfic writers. :D Silly me, I'm sure they've already taken care of it.

Plecostomus January 15 2009 06:47 PM

Well since there is no steamy-sexxors in this movie they'd better actually have a frigging plot or some kind of story otherwise I'm going to boycott this movie so hard.

Procutus January 15 2009 11:50 PM

Damn! I was hoping for some bare, green, heaving Orion breasts!

:evil:

Broccoli January 16 2009 04:55 AM

Quote:

Plecostomus wrote: (Post 2505218)
...otherwise I'm going to boycott this movie so hard.

That's what she said.

number6 January 16 2009 05:23 AM

Wait a sec..

It sounds to me like "fan"dom doesn't mind that TOS Kirk seduces go-go booted space babe of the week, but has a major problem with NuKirk getting down with a single Orion babe.

That's just plain stoopit.

Lord Garth January 16 2009 05:41 AM

^ You're reaching.

There are no posts in here where anyone says they have a major problem, or any problem at all, with Kirk getting some action, "nu" or otherwise.

The closest we get is a parent wondering if they should take a four-year-old to see a PG-13 movie, that's it.

number6 January 16 2009 05:49 AM

Quote:

Lord Garth wrote: (Post 2507662)
^ You're reaching.

There are no posts in here where anyone says they have a major problem, or any problem at all, with Kirk getting some action, "nu" or otherwise.

The closest we get is a parent wondering if they should take a four-year-old to see a PG-13 movie, that's it.

Why would a parent take a 4-year old to a PG-13 film anyway?? The ONLY Star Trek film rated G was TMP and I seriously doubt any 4 year old would have found that film entertaining.

If someone made a PG-13 Teletubbies film, then I would be concerned.

The easiest solution would be to find a sitter and go see Star Trek without the 4-year old.

Lord Garth January 16 2009 05:52 AM

Which I think most of us agree with, myself included. We were just trying to be a sounding board for Morpheus.