The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Bear McCreary solicits requests for the Season 4 Soundtrack (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=79367)

David cgc January 12 2009 05:17 PM

Bear McCreary solicits requests for the Season 4 Soundtrack

Just a heads up, since I know there are a lot of other music fans out here. On his blog, Bear McCreary mentioned he's started the process of making the season 4 soundtrack, and trimming down the candidates he's chosen to fit the runtime (apparently, the "best of the best of the best" for just the ten episodes (and Razor) that we've seen came out to 90 minutes, and he thinks the music from the second half of the season kicks that music's ass, which is saying something). To assist in that process, he's asking us, the fans, to say what our favorite pieces from season 4.0 (and Razor) were, so he can make an informed decision on what goes on the disc.

Speak your mind!

Brikar99 January 12 2009 06:07 PM

Re: Bear McCreary solicits requests for the Season 4 Soundtrack

I think if he's having trouble picking, then there should be individual releases for 4.0, "Razor" and 4.5... But that's just me because I'm an addict.

Twilight January 12 2009 06:18 PM

A must have: The choral piece that played after the arrival of the fleet at earth in Revelations, and we MUST have the song that Gaeta sings when he's in the hospital bed.

nx1701g January 12 2009 06:21 PM

OT: His soundtrack for The Sarah Connor Chronicles has had to go in for reprinting due to a surprising demand.

Hermiod January 12 2009 06:35 PM

My main choice would be the music from the last ten minutes or so of "Guess What's Coming to Dinner".

cbspock January 12 2009 06:39 PM

I agree the arrival to Earth has to be on the disc. The flashback in Razor needs to be on the disc as well since it includes parts of the original BSG theme.

The Evil Dead January 12 2009 08:16 PM

I'd love all the music mentioned in this thread plus I'd really enjoy the Scorpion Shipyard attack music from Razor.

Candlelight January 12 2009 08:34 PM

The two that must be there are the Scorpion Fleet Yards attack and the fleet find Earth.

SJSharksfan39 January 12 2009 08:41 PM

I was watching the end of Hub last night. During the attack on the Hub, that was an amazing score. I wish these soundtracks were available on Itunes since it would be great to buy.

David cgc January 12 2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

The Evil Dead wrote: (Post 2494252)
I'd love all the music mentioned in this thread plus I'd really enjoy the Scorpion Shipyard attack music from Razor.

That's the one I'm emphatic should not be on the CD, because I already have a clean copy from the end credits of Razor. I'm not going to lose three minutes of precious, precious album time to something I already have.

Warp Coil January 12 2009 09:06 PM

I've been re-watching season 4.0 on DVD in preparation for the new episodes, and the music is really top notch. There are several tracks that I desperately need!

- the battle in the nebula in "He That Believeth in Me"
- any and every possible version of Gaeta's Lament from "Guess What's Coming to Dinner?"
- the destruction of the resurrection hub in "The Hub"
- another arrangement of the Adama/Roslin theme at the end of "The Hub"
- all music from "Revelations", particularly the music during the final act

backstept January 12 2009 09:29 PM

Bear? they have wild animals doing the music on the show?

doubleohfive January 12 2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

backstept wrote: (Post 2494497)
Bear? they have wild animals doing the music on the show?

I see what you did there. Five years too late. :rolleyes:

hamudm January 12 2009 11:21 PM

Kendra Shaw's theme from Razor.

ialfan January 13 2009 12:04 AM

They should do a soundtrack for season 4.0 and 4.5. The two seem so far removed it makes sense to me. They are even removed in production due to the writer's strike.