The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Fan Productions (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   "Polaris" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=78952)

Admiral Buzzkill January 7 2009 10:27 PM

"Polaris"
 
United Worlds Entertainment has entered preproduction on the short science fiction film "Polaris" starring Paul R. Sieber ("Star Trek: Phase II," "Law And Disorder").

Set centuries in the future, Polaris tells the story of an interstellar starship lost in uncharted space. To get home again Captain Sam Fredericks, Valerie Young and the crew of the star cruiser Polaris must defeat an implacable enemy and solve the mystery of an impossible planet. Their discoveries will change humanity forever - if they survive.

United Worlds plans to begin production in Fall 2009. Principal photography will take place at studios in Maryland and on location in the Delaware/Maryland/Virginia region.

Further information is available at http://www.starshippolaris.com.

trekkerguy January 7 2009 11:37 PM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Ooooh, coolies.

Mallory January 7 2009 11:40 PM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Sounds good! I'll be looking forward to the updates as things progress.

RJDiogenes January 8 2009 12:04 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Ah, wonderful; it's great to see an original production. :) The "implacable enemy" and "change humanity forever" bits made me kind of smirk, but I'll be happy to see this develop. The spaceship model looks great. :bolian:

Hudson_uk January 8 2009 12:17 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Can't get into your forums at the moment so I'll say it here - Very cool, looking forward to it. All the best for a smooth production.

Admiral Buzzkill January 8 2009 12:18 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Quote:

RJDiogenes wrote: (Post 2478288)
The "implacable enemy" and "change humanity forever" bits made me kind of smirk...

Thanks. I read a lot of back-cover blurbs on 1950s and 1960s science fiction novels in order to compose that. :lol:

The ship design is a work in progress - the main design is by aridas sofia but he's working with other folk who are known around here on various refinements.

There is a short test clip of the first version of the model over here at youtube:

Polaris

I'm afraid video compression is not kind to this particular shot, though. Miles to go...

Admiral Buzzkill January 8 2009 12:25 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Quote:

Hudson_uk wrote: (Post 2478348)
Can't get into your forums at the moment so I'll say it here - Very cool, looking forward to it. All the best for a smooth production.

Forum problem should be resolved now. Thanks for the heads up.

trekkerguy January 8 2009 12:27 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Wow, that's badass. I want to make cool TV show type stuff...

Ryan Thomas Riddle January 8 2009 01:11 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
This looks like fun, and I'd love to give a helping hand but I'm stuck here on the West Coast for the time being. Now, if I get that teaching gig at Gettysburg University then I'll be a bit closer.

In any case, I am looking forward to this and you've got a great actor to be your skipper. I've been impressed with all his fan film work -- it's about time he take the center seat in something.

Admiral Buzzkill January 8 2009 01:49 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Quote:

middyseafort wrote: (Post 2478533)
...you've got a great actor to be your skipper. I've been impressed with all his fan film work -- it's about time he take the center seat in something.

Absolutely.

Shatna January 8 2009 02:10 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Ready when you are, D.B. Gimme a holler.

Admiral Buzzkill January 8 2009 02:37 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Will do, Boss.

Psion January 8 2009 04:29 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Quote:

Starship Polaris wrote: (Post 2477969)
... Their discoveries will change humanity forever - if they survive.

Then I say we should kill them ourselves before they get back.

But seriously, this looks exciting! Good luck with the project ... you're just close enough to my backyard that I have a chance at bumping into you folks when you go on location.

Admiral Buzzkill January 8 2009 04:50 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Quote:

Psion wrote: (Post 2479075)
Quote:

Starship Polaris wrote: (Post 2477969)
... Their discoveries will change humanity forever - if they survive.

Then I say we should kill them ourselves before they get back.

And that would be a later story... :lol:

RJDiogenes January 8 2009 10:42 AM

Re: "Polaris"
 
Quote:

Starship Polaris wrote: (Post 2478353)
Quote:

RJDiogenes wrote: (Post 2478288)
The "implacable enemy" and "change humanity forever" bits made me kind of smirk...

Thanks. I read a lot of back-cover blurbs on 1950s and 1960s science fiction novels in order to compose that. :lol:

Ah, retro appeal. Even better. One of the things I like about the ship is that it's not the fashionable "battleship gray, rundown tenement" look that it's almost impossible to get away from these days. That's a nice clip, too.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.