The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=77038)

Sci December 16 2008 05:03 AM

Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
So, there's been a lot of talk about Caroline Kennedy getting Hillary Clinton's US Senate seat once she leaves to become US Secretary of State. Amongst her qualifications are her status as a member of the New York bar, the fact that she's served on some boards, the fact that she wrote a book about privacy, and the fact that she gave her support to Barack Obama.

But I have a better idea.

Keith R.A. DeCandido for US Senator from New York! Seriously. He's written way more books than Kennedy has, and he supported Barack Obama, too! He's a resident of the State of New York who is over the age of 30, and a hell of a lot of his Star Trek books have been political!

Just think of it! Once in office, Senator DeCandido can mobilize the resources of the United States Senate to support the Transporter Improvement Act, or to re-dedicate resources to controlling the environmental threat represented by tribbles! And he'll be able to provide the Senate Intelligence Committee with all sorts of information on the activities on the Cardassian Obsidian Order within America's borders!

So who's with me?

DECANDIDO FOR SENATE '09!

Trent Roman December 16 2008 05:21 AM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
"Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Obsidian Order?"

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

William Leisner December 16 2008 05:27 AM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
I dunno. Senator is a pretty demanding job, and he'd probably have to cut back to writing only 3 or 4 books a year.

Sci December 16 2008 05:37 AM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
Quote:

William Leisner wrote: (Post 2409428)
I dunno. Senator is a pretty demanding job, and he'd probably have to cut back to writing only 3 or 4 books a year.

Yeah, but imagine how much more legislation he'll be able to write than most Senators!

Thrawn December 16 2008 05:38 AM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
Quote:

Sci wrote: (Post 2409450)
Quote:

William Leisner wrote: (Post 2409428)
I dunno. Senator is a pretty demanding job, and he'd probably have to cut back to writing only 3 or 4 books a year.

Yeah, but imagine how much more legislation he'll be able to write than most Senators!

Ok, ok. You got me. :guffaw:

KRAD December 16 2008 07:32 AM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
..........




No, I got nothin'......... :lol:

KevinK December 16 2008 09:59 AM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
Quote:

KRAD wrote: (Post 2409654)
No, I got nothin'.........

Don't worry, folks. He says that every time someone asks him to write a book.
I'm sure he'll do fine once he gets over the shockof having to cut his hair.
Especially since living right there in DC will make it a lot easier for him to get to Shore Leave and Farpoint.
Somebody let the folks in Ne York know they can relax. KRAD's got this.

Sci December 16 2008 10:06 AM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
Quote:

KRAD wrote: (Post 2409654)
..........




No, I got nothin'......... :lol:

Exactly! He's got nothin' to say to that corrupt good ol' boys network in Washington! Hear that? ;)

Turtletrekker December 16 2008 10:18 AM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
Quote:

KRAD wrote: (Post 2409654)
No, I got nothin'......... :lol:

Well, it's no "Change We Can Believe In", or "Kinder, Gentler Nation", but I've seen worse campaign slogans. It beats "Vote For Me- I'm Not A Criminal" or "I'm Not The Other Guy". :lol:

KRAD December 16 2008 04:40 PM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
Quote:

Turtletrekker wrote: (Post 2409849)
Quote:

KRAD wrote: (Post 2409654)
No, I got nothin'......... :lol:

Well, it's no "Change We Can Believe In", or "Kinder, Gentler Nation", but I've seen worse campaign slogans. It beats "Vote For Me- I'm Not A Criminal" or "I'm Not The Other Guy". :lol:

Oh, you wanted a slogan?

"DeCandido: You've Got Nothing To Lose But Your Cookies"

"DeCandido: And You Thought the Sixties Were Over..."

"DeCandido: No, We Really Can't"

Christopher December 16 2008 04:52 PM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
I think we should nominate Marco for the Senate seat instead. After all, he's in the market for a new job. And he's really good at making smart decisions.

KLauderdale December 16 2008 05:55 PM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
With his dojo skills, I could see Keith literally destroying the opposition.

Allyn Gibson December 16 2008 05:58 PM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
I blogged about Keith's candidacy this morning.

Complete with a mocked-up campaign poster. :)

garamet December 16 2008 06:03 PM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
Quote:

KevinK wrote: (Post 2409837)
Quote:

KRAD wrote: (Post 2409654)
No, I got nothin'.........

Don't worry, folks. He says that every time someone asks him to write a book.
I'm sure he'll do fine once he gets over the shockof having to cut his hair.
Especially since living right there in DC will make it a lot easier for him to get to Shore Leave and Farpoint.
Somebody let the folks in Ne York know they can relax. KRAD's got this.

Mm, yeah. I was gonna ask about the hair. If he cuts it, will he lose his super-powers?

Dayton Ward December 16 2008 06:32 PM

Re: Slightly OT: DeCandido for Senate!
 
http://pics.livejournal.com/daytonward/pic/0004xapf


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.