The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Titan Comic (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=74744)

RikerLover November 23 2008 08:50 PM

Titan Comic

Are there any plans for Titan comics in the future? The Titan novels are very good but I would love to see Riker, Troi, and Tuvok again. If not on screen, then in print.

JD November 23 2008 10:37 PM

Re: Titan Comic

I think there might have been one of two mentions of it being something they were considering possibly doing in the future, but nothing official has ever been announced. IDW's contract only includes TOS and TNG, so I'm really not sure how they would handle Tuvok and Melora if they did do this.

ialfan November 23 2008 11:02 PM

Tuvok is in the first issue of "The Last Generation" comic so it obviously isn't as big an issue as it seems.

Titan Designer November 23 2008 11:17 PM

I haven't heard of any Titan Series coming soon. But I did express interest tot the IDW Trek Editor if they ever did one. I would love to provide some art for that or any other series for them for that matter.

Chris McCarver November 23 2008 11:32 PM

Consider me as down for a Titan comic as anyone. I'd also be heavily interested (like Sean) in drawing one. I'm actually working up some Titan sample pages to shoot off to IDW sometime this month.

Geoff Thorne November 24 2008 04:55 AM

I also am interested in a TITAN comic but IDW has been mum (with me, anyway) on the subject. Maybe M & M or CLB have better data.

Julio Angel Ortiz November 24 2008 05:09 AM

Nah, I could certainly do without it...

:shifty:

*Looks at signature*

Christopher November 24 2008 05:11 AM

Quote:

RedJack wrote: (Post 2330279)
I also am interested in a TITAN comic but IDW has been mum (with me, anyway) on the subject. Maybe M & M or CLB have better data.

No data here. Last I heard, it was an idea they were considering but no plans have been set.

Bryan316 November 24 2008 07:57 AM

A 4-6 issue series would be cool, but I'd take a nice "Double Time"esque one-shot for a quick story and a way to visualize a number of characters and locations around the ship.

Andy Mangels November 25 2008 02:17 AM

Quote:

RedJack wrote: (Post 2330279)

Unfortunately, no news on my end. I've discussed a TITAN comic with all the various editors who have shepherded Star Trek at IDW. Nobody has outright said "No," nor have I entered into negotiations.

If IDW were to offer me a TITAN book, I'd happily take the job. With over 20 years of comic writing experience, and over a decade in Star Trek, I think I'd handle it pretty well. ;)

Allyn Gibson November 25 2008 03:05 AM

I'd love a Titan comic. And while I'd be okay with mini-series and one-shots, I'd much rather have a monthly ongoing title. Maybe it's broken up into four to eight issue story arcs, but keep those numbers climbing. :)

JD November 25 2008 03:52 PM

Yeah, but that would be kinda hard to do if we are still getting the books. I really think it would better as occaisional graphic novels or miniseries.

Christopher November 25 2008 04:17 PM

^^Well, for what it's worth, there are some major gaps in the Titan chronology. The first three volumes are pretty close together, but from Orion's Hounds to Sword of Damocles is two and a half months, from SoD to Destiny is nearly eight months, and from Destiny to the main body of Over a Torrent Sea is... well, more than a few weeks. So there's plenty of room that TTN comics could fill in.

Allyn Gibson November 25 2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 2335499)
Yeah, but that would be kinda hard to do if we are still getting the books. I really think it would better as occaisional graphic novels or miniseries.

DC Comics managed to do a monthly ongoing Star Trek: The Next Generation comic while that series was on the air. Malibu and Marvel both did ongoing Deep Space Nine series.

I'm not seeing the problem.

Trent Roman November 25 2008 08:57 PM

^ I assume he means the challenges involved in keeping up with the series when Titan has such a tight continuity. TNG was never a problem, because it was fairly episodic, but some of the DS9 books had problems when they tried to keep up with the show and the changing circumstances of the characters. Miniseries, like Christopher speculated, can be set in the gaps, but a monthly series would have to juggle what I assume would be its own internal continuity with the novels changing things up 'off-screen' at regular intervals. I think it could be done, but I think miniseries would be better suited.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman