The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Destiny: Lost Souls by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=73838)

nx1701g November 16 2008 04:36 AM

Destiny: Lost Souls by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Quote:

Amazon:
The soldiers of Armageddon are on the march, laying waste to worlds in their passage. An audacious plan could stop them forever, but it carries risks that one starship captain is unwilling to take. For Captain Jean-Luc Picard, defending the future has never been so important, or so personal -- and the wrong choice will cost him everything for which he has struggled and suffered.

For Captain William Riker, that choice has already been made. Haunted by the memories of those he was forced to leave behind, he must jeopardize all that he has left in a desperate bid to save the Federation.

For Captain Ezri Dax, whose impetuous youth is balanced by the wisdom of many lifetimes, the choice is a simple one: there is no going back -- only forward to whatever future awaits them.

But for those who, millennia ago, had no choice...this is the hour of their final, inescapable destiny.
I saw this earlier this evening while I was out at the local mall but wasn't able to pick it up (the bookstore was closing and they had already shut down the registers). I may go back and pick it up tomorrow.

fleetcaptain November 16 2008 05:28 AM

Re: Star Trek: Destiny: Lost Souls - Discuss/Grade

What bookstore was it? Just curious cause I might go look myself now tomorrow too.

nx1701g November 17 2008 12:03 AM

^ It was in a small Mom and Pop bookstore called The Book Nook. I've never seen one in any mall but this one (which is why I'm assuming it is a Mom & Pop store).

fleetcaptain November 17 2008 02:28 AM

Most likely it is. I think I have heard of a store like that. I highly doubt it would be a chain since its a mom and pop store through. Probably someone that had the same name idea for their store.

nx1701g November 17 2008 07:25 PM

I went back today and I'm afraid it was sold out :( Has anyone been able to pick it up?

casey November 17 2008 08:44 PM

I haven't been able to find it in any stores yet.

And now Amazon is saying it doesn't ship for 1 to 4 months!

I ordered it last week on amazon and it is saying I will receive it by november 26th though.

LutherSloan November 17 2008 11:13 PM

I pre-ordered through Amazon last week and they said I would get it by next week, or at least before the month is over.

JAG November 18 2008 11:49 AM

My Amazon order just shipped today.

Stevil2001 November 18 2008 01:59 PM

You people act like you've never bought anything from Amazon before. It says weird stuff between when a book's on preorder and when it actually ships. Always has, always will. Hold on to your hats; the book will come to you and not in March 2009. Sheesh.

Dayton Ward November 18 2008 02:07 PM

^ Leave 'em be. It's more fun this way.

casey November 18 2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Steve Mollmann wrote: (Post 2306521)
You people act like you've never bought anything from Amazon before. It says weird stuff between when a book's on preorder and when it actually ships. Always has, always will. Hold on to your hats; the book will come to you and not in March 2009. Sheesh.

Well I haven't ever preordered anything from them before.
And I haven't anticipated a book this much in a long time.
Bad combination when it comes to my patience.

William Leisner November 18 2008 04:43 PM

Have we got two threads about Amazon shipping this book now? :wtf:

Dimesdan November 18 2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

William Leisner wrote: (Post 2306911)
Have we got two threads about Amazon shipping this book now? :wtf:

More like two threads about people bitching about it not being sent through the post or some such!

JoeZhang November 18 2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Steve Mollmann wrote: (Post 2306521)

Unless you are in the UK, order lost girls and then it will never come... ;)

Fury November 18 2008 08:38 PM

Just picked up my copy from borders. Should be a quick read tonight!