The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TrekToday News Items (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Shatner-Takei Grudge Match Take Whatever (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=71878)

TrekToday October 28 2008 02:32 AM

Shatner-Takei Grudge Match Take Whatever

<font color=yellow>William Shatner's</font> latest YouTube video is up and he couldn't resist a small shot at <font color=yellow>George Takei</font>.<p>As reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4MsQVyRqUY">The Shatner Project</A>, Shatner's new YouTube video, answering several fan email questions has appeared and a sly dig at Takei was part of the short video.<p>When asked if he preferred to be addressed as "Bill" or "Mr. Shatner," Shatner said, "I don't care. I wish George would call me Mr. Shatner." Shatner went on to explain that even though he didn't care, he preferred to be more formal. "There's a familiarity about 'Bill' that I think is presumption and I wouldn't call somebody walking and say 'Hey Teddy' or 'Hey Ted.' The vernacular, the custom is to say 'mister,' [if] somebody's older, some respect there. The 'mister" denotes a respect, but I don't care about that. You earn your respect, not by name."<p>Not everyone is enamored of the latest feud between the two. A faux "Leonard Nimoy" has expressed his feelings about the spat in a satirical blog as reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://www.newsgroper.com">Newsgroper</A>. According to the blog, "So you guys are mad at each other again. Big news. My inbox is full of septuagenarian whining." <p>Faux-Nimoy-blogger explained that when he didn't get along with someone, he did something utterly logical. He ignored him! "You know what I don't do thirty years later," asked blogger-Nimoy? "Talk to him!" Faux-Nimoy then gave the benefit of his faux-Vulcan advice. "You guys obviously rub each other the wrong way. Here's my advice. Don't go to couples therapy. Don't go to each other's roasts. Don't snipe at each other in the media. Here's what you do: Leave each other alone!<p>To read the mock blog, head to the link located <A class="link" HREF="http://www.newsgroper.com/leonard-nimoy/2008/10/26/william-shatner-and-george-takei-grow-hell">here</A>. To see Shatner's vblog, head to the link located <A class="link" HREF="http://www.youtube.com/williamshatner">here.</A><center></center>

ancient October 28 2008 02:43 AM

Re: Shatner-Takei Grudge Match Take Whatever

Quote:

"...I wish George would call me Mr. Shatner."
He is obviously referring to President George W Bush. Shat does not get enough respect from the leader of the free world, dammit.

Brutal Strudel October 28 2008 02:49 AM

Privacy is my middle name. My last name is control. No, my first name ain't "baby." It's William; Mr. Shatner if you're nasty!

Tim October 28 2008 06:53 AM

Petty quarreling, YouTube videos, blog posts...this is Trek news how?

cardinal biggles October 28 2008 01:57 PM

Bonz has to do something to pass the time while waiting for the next batch of Trek XI pics. :p

OmahaStar October 28 2008 03:45 PM

Bill, grow the fuck up.

Mr. Takei, you rock.

TerriO October 28 2008 04:11 PM

Well, my respect level for Shatner just dropped to a new all-time low.

I respect George for having the courage to never stop being who he is after what this world did to him, especially the internment in WWII.

Respect isn't granted. It's earned. IMO, Shatner hasn't done squat to earn the respect he's apparently insisting he's given with the "Mister" crap. If you work with someone for three years and six movies decades ago, and still to this day wish that they call you "Mister"? Can we say ego? :vulcan:

RobertScorpio October 28 2008 05:55 PM

The only time any of this gets going is because of Takei opening his pie-hole, corn-hole, whatever, and spews his crap...Shatner finally fired back, and good for him...

No one, not even shatner, will argue that he may have rubbed the 'lower stars' the wrong way. Koenig let it go. But it has been George, Nichelle and the late Jimmy Doohan, that turned it into 40 year war...

stars have egos...deal with it..

Rob

T'Bonz October 28 2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

cardinal biggles wrote: (Post 2228203)
Bonz has to do something to pass the time while waiting for the next batch of Trek XI pics. :p

Which came out today. LOL. When I have to go out in a few minutes.

News always waits until I'm out, never happening when I'm home for the day. :p

OmahaStar October 28 2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

RobertScorpio wrote: (Post 2228863)
The only time any of this gets going is because of Takei opening his pie-hole, corn-hole, whatever, and spews his crap...Shatner finally fired back, and good for him...

No one, not even shatner, will argue that he may have rubbed the 'lower stars' the wrong way. Koenig let it go. But it has been George, Nichelle and the late Jimmy Doohan, that turned it into 40 year war...

Rob

And once again, Rob proves he doesn't have any idea what he's talking about. Not a new concept, though.

TerriO October 28 2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Rob

And there's no ego like Shatner's ego, that's for sure. :techman:

Brutal Strudel October 28 2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

The Gill-Man wrote: (Post 2229169)
Quote:

Rob

And once again, Rob proves he doesn't have any idea what he's talking about. Not a new concept, though.

And seriously? "Cornhole"? Really? :rolleyes:

The man's gay. Let it go.

CaptainStoner October 28 2008 11:16 PM

"There's a familiarity about 'Bill' that I think is presumption and I wouldn't call somebody walking and say 'Hey Teddy' or 'Hey Ted.' The vernacular, the custom is to say 'mister,' [if] somebody's older, some respect there. The 'mister" denotes a respect, but I don't care about that. You earn your respect, not by name."

He's right about that. I don't think this statement is in context to George Takei, which he's joking about because of recent silliness.

slappy October 30 2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

The Gill-Man wrote: (Post 2228482)
Bill, grow the fuck up.

Mr. Takei, you rock.

At least do a google search on the subject before you speak on it.

Takei started this, Takei kept it going for 30 years, Takei should grow up.

Shatner makes one comment and everybody's like "grow up". It reminds me of middle school when the bully attacks the kid and the kid fights back, only for both to be suspended like that's justice.

number6 October 30 2008 10:19 PM

They should both grow up.