The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   HULK....SMASH!!!! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=71123)

Johnny Rico October 21 2008 06:45 PM

HULK....SMASH!!!!

Got my copy of Hulk yesterday, watched it, and liked it.

What I felt different about this version and Ang Lee's version, is the emotion. The genuine emotion coming from Hulk/Bruce when it came to protecting Betty. From the Campus military brawl to the Abomination brawl in the city, I just felt that there was a stronger sense of emotion there than was ever portrayed in Ang Lee's version.

So whenever Hulk finally screamed "Hulk...Smash" up on the roof, I was like "YES!!!".

Any further thoughts???

John Picard October 21 2008 06:50 PM

Re: HULK....SMASH!!!!

I liked it except that I believe too many crucial scenes were cut from the final edit. The CGI was much better, and he truly was the Hulk.

Captain Craig October 21 2008 06:55 PM

I'll be picking up a copy sometime this week. I'm looking foward to all the extra scenes.

Trent Roman October 21 2008 07:11 PM

Does anybody know, given the massive cutting, if there are any plans to produce an 'integral' version with the removed scenes reintegrated into the film, like they did for the Extended Lord of the Rings films? I suspect I would prefer that version, like I prefer the Director's Cut of Daredevil, and would rather wait for such a product than buy this one should it be the case.

Creditorly yours, the Rent Woman

Aragorn October 21 2008 07:19 PM

If you're in no rush to buy The Incredible Hulk, you might want to wait a bit for the double dip. Sometimes it was known right off the bat that there would be longer cuts of movies (Lord of the Rings, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Daredevil), but I haven't heard anything about this movie.

Pensive October 21 2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Johnny Rico wrote: (Post 2202592)
So whenever Hulk finally screamed "Hulk...Smash" up on the roof, I was like "YES!!!".

In the theater for the midnight preview, I was squealing like a fangirl at that part.

watermelony2k October 21 2008 10:19 PM

for me,

ang lee movie = better bruce banner
The Incredible Hulk = better hulk

TheMasterOfOrion October 21 2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

watermelony2k wrote: (Post 2203728)
for me,

I agree 100%, there was once upon time I thought the Ang Lee version wasn't up to much, I thought it was disappointing
but after seeing the Louis Leterrier version full of action but very hollow on subject matter I think Lee's version stands up very well today.

RobertScorpio October 22 2008 03:10 AM

Quote:

TheMasterOfOrion wrote: (Post 2204053)
Quote:

watermelony2k wrote: (Post 2203728)
for me,

I agree 100%, there was once upon time I thought the Ang Lee version wasn't up to much, I thought it was disappointing
but after seeing the Louis Leterrier version full of action but very hollow on subject matter I think Lee's version stands up very well today.

Lee's version was the better movie. Every recast, even Banner, was better in LEE's. William Hurt is way out of his element here. Liv Taylor couldn't act if she tried. And, in my opinion, Bana's Banner was more believable.

Hulk 2008 barely beat Lee's Hulk at the box office....and because of the failure of Hulk 08 I doubt there will be a hulk 3...

Rob

MeanJoePhaser October 22 2008 03:46 AM

And, in my opinion, Bana's Banner should be banned! :p

They should've kept Sam Elliot.

I doubt anyone else would've come back.

And I know, it wasn't a sequel...but it still could've been.

It's shame there'll be no third. Because they could have Betty become She-Hulk*, just by painting Liv Tyler's fatter sister Mia green!

*Spare me the lecture, fanboys. I know she isn't She-Hulk in the comics.

Dream October 22 2008 03:48 AM

For those that bought the 2 disc dvd how are the deleted scenes on the second dvd? I heard they split the bonus scenes onto two dvds and was wondering if the extras scenes are worth the extra costs.

roguephoenix October 22 2008 04:18 AM

it's actually a 3 disc set with the 3rd being a digital copy of the movie. i hate how the normal version lacks the new opening. :( i was so game to buy it then i saw it and decided not to buy one at all. :( i mean who buys movies for $23 these days? >_< and that was on sale too. yah yah i'm cheap!

theenglish October 22 2008 05:12 AM

Count me with the crowd that enjoyed Ang Lee's version better. As a movie it was much better, and whereas I enjoyed the visuals of the action scenes more in the new movie, overall it felt very flat for me. Even the final battle scene, which was great visually, left me very unengaged emotionally.

James Bond October 22 2008 05:18 AM

The Blu-Ray has been delayed until Friday in Canada because Universal shipped out all the copies to retailers with Ang Lee's Hulk inside it. :rolleyes:

Dream October 22 2008 05:19 AM

Quote:

James Hussein Bond wrote: (Post 2205118)
The Blu-Ray has been delayed until Friday in Canada because Universal shipped out all the copies to retailers with Ang Lee's Hulk inside it. :rolleyes:

Talk about a nasty surprise for the fans.:eek: