The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Resident Evil: Afterlife - It's Happening (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=70628)

nx1701g October 16 2008 08:49 PM

Resident Evil: Afterlife - It's Happening

Seems Sony has backpeddled a bit after the theatrical success of Extinction.

Quote:

ComingSoon:
Paul W.S. Anderson will probably writing Resident Evil 4 after he's done with The Long Good Friday.
Interesting. I wonder what it'll be about since Milla said she felt she'd done all she could do with the character of Alice and wouldn't be returning for any sequels during the promotion of Extinction. Rumor has it it'll focus on Claire Redfield and the trip to Alaska. It may include parts of the story of the game Resident Evil 4 as well.

Thoughts?

bigdaddy October 16 2008 09:59 PM

Re: Resident Evil: Afterlife - It's Happening

How can it follow parts of RE4 when the last two movies didn't even come close to what the games were about?

Admiral_Young October 16 2008 09:59 PM

I still haven't seen the third Resident Evil yet...and yes I will be waiting to see if Mila makes a decision to reprise her role or not. Isn't she married to Anderson?

firehawk12 October 16 2008 10:50 PM

So they're doing this and the animated movie? Well, why not I guess.

nx1701g October 17 2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 2185087)
How can it follow parts of RE4 when the last two movies didn't even come close to what the games were about?

THE Robert Maxwell October 17 2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

nx1701g wrote: (Post 2185632)
Quote:

To be fair, a movie version of the first game would have made the actual game's acting look amateurish and embarrassing by comparison.

"Wait! Don't open... that door!"
"I hope this isn't CHRIS' blood!"

I am not Spock October 17 2008 03:08 AM

Quote:

Robert Ghoul-et wrote: (Post 2186255)
Quote:

nx1701g wrote: (Post 2185632)
Quote:

To be fair, a movie version of the first game would have made the actual game's acting look amateurish and embarrassing by comparison.

"Wait! Don't open... that door!"
"I hope this isn't CHRIS' blood!"

LOL! :lol: The terrible voice acting was part of the original Resident Evil's charm, wasn't it?

'That was too close! You were almost a Jill sandwich!'
'It's a weapon. It's really powerful against living things!'
And the alltime classic: 'NOOOOOO! DON'T GO!':guffaw:

Mr. Adventure October 17 2008 03:38 AM

"Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

It will be interesting to see where a fourth film goes. The others were more "inspired by" the Resident Evil games than anything else and kind of took their own course by the end.

nx1701g October 17 2008 04:35 AM

^ I suppose if they do convince Milla to return that we'll be seeing pretty much her on the screen all the time. Clones.

Jar Jar Binks October 17 2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

nx1701g wrote: (Post 2186642)
^ I suppose if they do convince Milla to return that we'll be seeing pretty much her on the screen all the time. Clones.

I could live with that. :drool:

Jax October 17 2008 09:39 AM

he 1st one was half decent but it was downhill from there, number 2 was ruined by making Nemesis too human emotionally when it should of just been a death killing machine. Number 3 was just plain bad with a captial BAD...at least we saw Wesker though.

in a RE 4 I demand we see Claire/Chris story with Wekser/Barry in the plot and I want to see dam Hunters :)

Lindley October 17 2008 03:13 PM

Still haven't seen #3.....

Jax October 17 2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Lullaby wrote: (Post 2187798)
Still haven't seen #3.....

Save yourself :eek: DON'T.

nx1701g October 17 2008 05:19 PM

^ It wasn't that bad, it could have been a lot worse (the remake of Day of the Dead for example).

Othello October 17 2008 06:59 PM

Call me crazy but I thought the movies were ok. Certainly not great by any means, but ok. I'll certainly go watch it when released.