The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Kirsten Dunst "Spider-Man 4" poll (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=69305)

The Borgified Corpse October 4 2008 06:56 PM

Kirsten Dunst "Spider-Man 4" poll

Since the news has hit about Tobey Maguire & Kirsten Dunst signing on for Spider-Man 4, how do you react to it?

davejames October 4 2008 07:03 PM

Re: Kirsten Dunst "Spider-Man 4" poll

I voted for a reboot, even though I did really like Maguire and Dunst in the first two movies. It's just time for a fresh approach.

Evil Headhunter October 4 2008 07:05 PM

I never liked Maguire or Dunst, so gone with both of them!

nx1701g October 4 2008 07:07 PM

Where's the 'I don't care' option?

A Clockwork Lim October 4 2008 07:08 PM

I voted for a reboot. Maguire was an okay Peter Parker but a lousy Spider-Man (I can't think of a single memorable scene exemplifying Spider-Man's wit or taunting) and no way, no how is Dunst even a passable Mary Jane Watson. By any stretch of the imagination. At all.

A Clockwork Lim October 4 2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

nx1701g wrote: (Post 2141585)

It's the one made available by not even clicking on the link to the thread, I believe.

RaymondJames October 4 2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

nx1701g wrote: (Post 2141585)

oh I know!:lol: I just voted she was played out.

3 was a horrible movie and I really have no intrest in seeinga 4th made.

Orintho October 4 2008 09:13 PM

Not sure which to pick. She's okay in the role, but I want to see more super-heroing and less romantic angst.

FalTorPan October 4 2008 09:15 PM

Although I'm not a fan of Dunst as MJ, I'm less a fan of Raimi as director, given the fustercluck that was Spider-Man 3.

RaymondJames October 4 2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

FalTorPan wrote: (Post 2141929)
Although I'm not a fan of Dunst as MJ, I'm less a fan of Raimi as director, given the fustercluck that was Spider-Man 3.

hahahaha FalTorPan, don't be so modest. Saying it was a fustercluck is being very polite:guffaw:

Emher October 4 2008 09:50 PM

Needs more Gwen Stacy!

grabmygoblin October 4 2008 10:20 PM

if the movies move away from MJ/PP, then I hope they at least give the relationship a proper tying up instead of the up-in-the-air way it was at the end of Spider-Man 3. no more moping!!

FalTorPan October 4 2008 10:22 PM

^ Agreed. Gwen Stacy was just about the only enjoyable element of the third movie.

Aragorn October 4 2008 10:54 PM

I like Dunst, don't really care for her one way or another in the role, but don't like to see recasts when not needed, so I guess I can't vote.

Trent Roman October 5 2008 12:34 AM

I'm pleased to see the same actors back if only for continuity's sake, but I agree that the Mary Jane story has been played out. In the fourth film, either or both need to realize that she's going to keep being placed in harm's way and the relationship has to be broken off for her own safety. Then she can move to L.A. and Peter can be torn between nice girl Gwen Stacy--who poses the same issues as M.J.--and bad girl Felicia Hardy, who is capable of keeping up with him.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman