The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=69176)

Turbo October 3 2008 06:54 PM

Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
Quote:

The enigmatic Dr. Helen Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING) recruits an insightful forensic psychiatrist Will Zimmerman (ROBIN DUNNE) to join her in the quest to track, study and protect the strange, and often terrifying creatures that secretly populate our world.
SciFi.com has the trailer and a 20-minute clip online right now.

Personally, I'm pretty excited for this. Its always nice to see more from Amanda Tapping.

Lindley October 3 2008 08:20 PM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
Oh, is that tonight? Thanks for the reminder.

Turbo October 3 2008 09:17 PM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 

Looks like it's going to be a fun ride! Can't wait for tonight.

Guy Gardener October 3 2008 09:46 PM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
Have they recut the webisodes or is this completely new? Visually obviously since they would need some kind of similar script to depict the new bloke turning up.

The little blonde action girl is from JPod and that's a fine place to cut your teeth.

A Clockwork Lim October 3 2008 09:57 PM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
That premature Excellent vote was from me. I was in completely the wrong thread when I clicked through it and now I feel like an imbecile for messing it up. My apologies.

(Well, unless it really is great then I won't feel so bad.)

Hanover Fiste October 3 2008 10:02 PM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
I don't think I can get past that accent long enough to give this a chance. Sorry, Amanda.

Turbo October 3 2008 10:41 PM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 2139071)
Have they recut the webisodes or is this completely new? Visually obviously since they would need some kind of similar script to depict the new bloke turning up.

The little blonde action girl is from JPod and that's a fine place to cut your teeth.

The premiere is a reshot version of the first few webisodes.

Quote:

Hanover Fiste wrote: (Post 2139119)
I don't think I can get past that accent long enough to give this a chance. Sorry, Amanda.

It's actually not that bad once you get used to it. I imagine that it will either improve or vanish over the course of the series.

JD October 3 2008 10:51 PM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
I've been waiting for this to come to TV since they first announced the web series, and so far from the previews and clips I've seen it looks pretty cool. The only problem is that it is on at the same time as the Clone Wars premier and I haven't decided yet which I want to watch, because based on the reviews I read this morning they seem to be about equally good.

Bob The Skutter October 3 2008 10:59 PM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
I just watched one of the clips on Scifi.com and the accent actually seems slightly better on the series than it did on the webisodes.

Tulin October 4 2008 01:39 AM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 2139282)
I've been waiting for this to come to TV since they first announced the web series, and so far from the previews and clips I've seen it looks pretty cool. The only problem is that it is on at the same time as the Clone Wars premier and I haven't decided yet which I want to watch, because based on the reviews I read this morning they seem to be about equally good.

They have these new recording devices now that let you capture one show while you watch another.

For the love of ALL THAT IS HOLY I will NEVER understand why people have this problem anymore. Even a freakin' old video recorder can be bought from your local Cash Converters for about fifty bucks.

Join us in the twenty first century, already.

Turbo October 4 2008 01:46 AM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
Quote:

Tulin wrote: (Post 2139760)
Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 2139282)
I've been waiting for this to come to TV since they first announced the web series, and so far from the previews and clips I've seen it looks pretty cool. The only problem is that it is on at the same time as the Clone Wars premier and I haven't decided yet which I want to watch, because based on the reviews I read this morning they seem to be about equally good.

They have these new recording devices now that let you capture one show while you watch another.

For the love of ALL THAT IS HOLY I will NEVER understand why people have this problem anymore. Even a freakin' old video recorder can be bought from your local Cash Converters for about fifty bucks.

Join us in the twenty first century, already.

I would kindly request that you dial down your arrogance. Many people, myself included, are on a limited budget, and cannot afford to pay for digital cable and the fancy-dancy recorder boxes. And VCRs don't help in this case, because the shows are on at the same time on two separate channels.

Tulin October 4 2008 01:49 AM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
Well, I guess I didn't factor in a limited budget. Maybe that's the advantage being in Australia - and particular the state of Western Australia, where we have a multi billion dollar mineral boom going on, champagne is flowing in the streets and digital recording devices are given out with cups of coffee at Starbucks.

;)

Technobuilder October 4 2008 02:20 AM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
Doesn't seem like they're using the "Green Screen" aspect anymore.

I like the look of it. Glad to see they kept most of the same actors in their roles. Guess we'll have to see where this goes as many scenes have already been altered.

I missed the first few minutes and came in on the Cops finding the boy under the bed. What did I miss?

RaymondJames October 4 2008 02:20 AM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
Watching now... so far it seems like a blend of X-files, CSI, and Special Unit 2.

Gertch October 4 2008 02:27 AM

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion
 
And Stargate -
Tapping is Catherine, right now talking to Daniel in a rain storm.
The blond on the motorcycle will probably turn out to be SG1 Sam.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.