The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=68437)

OmahaStar September 28 2008 11:34 PM

True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
From Zap2It -

"Jason is taken into police custody again; Sookie is urged by Gran to use her telepathic abilities to exonerate her brother; Bill takes Sookie to a vampire bar in Shreveport."

Trippy September 28 2008 11:46 PM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
Sounds like a good episode :techman:

Can't see it 'till tomorrow though :(

ancientone51 September 29 2008 01:26 AM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
Getting geared up for this. Want to see Eric.

Mr. Adventure September 29 2008 02:32 AM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
This episode makes me kind of appreciative for American prudishness, there's some things I'm not sure I'd want to see.

MeanJoePhaser September 29 2008 06:01 AM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
V juice makes yo jimmy bigger! :eek:

Vampire bar was underwhelming.

Bill knows how to handle cops.

Which leads a question, how could a vampire have a valid driver's license? Tests at night?

Vendikarr September 29 2008 10:51 AM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
Quote:

MeanJoePhaser wrote: (Post 2120316)
Which leads a question, how could a vampire have a valid driver's license? Tests at night?

That's easy. Once vampires 'came out' they began filing lawsuits against essential business and government services for discriminating against them. Now places like the DMV have to provide 'after dark' service.

Mr. Adventure September 29 2008 01:31 PM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
Quote:

MeanJoePhaser wrote: (Post 2120316)
V juice makes yo jimmy bigger! :eek:

Vampire bar was underwhelming.

Bill knows how to handle cops.

Which leads a question, how could a vampire have a valid driver's license? Tests at night?

I guess they'd have to hire artists to render a "photo" of a vampire to put on the license.

MeanJoePhaser September 29 2008 01:47 PM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
Vampires can be photographed. Remember Sam watched the video of the girl having sex with one.

OmahaStar September 29 2008 03:48 PM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
Quote:

MeanJoePhaser wrote: (Post 2121068)
Vampires can be photographed. Remember Sam watched the video of the girl having sex with one.

Jason watched.

Also, Nan Flanagan was shown on Real Time. The promo documentaries (True Lines?) they showed before the series started had a few people coming up to Bill and asking to take pix with him.

I thought the cop situation was handled better here than in the book, since this cop was real. And pissed his pants. lol

This week's episode was more playful fun than anything else. We have an introduction to Erik, and could he have been more underwhelming? Pam was completely wrong, also. Most things I've been ok with, but those two are essential to this series, and they're completely ... wrong.

Jason getting his V Juice, that's comedy folks. LaFayette warned him, take one drop, two at the most, and he takes the whole thing ... and then won't fess up, even with the prospect of losing his boy bits.

Getting blisters ... freaking hilarious there.

And much more insight into this Tara's background, her childhood, and Jason being her protector. We now have an explanation as to why she's gaga over him, and it fits in perfectly with this character. That tough, sassy exterior isn't her at all. It's a persona she's adopted to keep people away. She won't dare let anyone get close enough to really know her. Some interesting changes there.

Trippy September 29 2008 11:44 PM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
^Yes, I'm glad to know why Tara is so ga ga about Jason, the eggplant dicked man! :lol:

Why were the cops busting Fangtasia? I though Vamps had rights...what were they doing wrong? (except feeding on apparently willing humans)

DeadmeatDiggory September 29 2008 11:53 PM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
I enjoyed this episode more than the other three. Seemed they've gotten over (at least this week) the constant need to have the more extreme sex scenes its possible to broadcast on Cable TV, instead of having character development -- and thank god we got one week without seeing the brother naked (although I'm sure he'll be nuding it up next week).

Enjoyed the Vamp-Lord, look forward to see more of him, and less of the "Oooh we're scary human-eating Vampires" trio.

Question: Am I alone in think that the dude on owns the bar is a Werewolf (I thought so last week, this week maybe he's just a creep)?

OmahaStar September 30 2008 12:32 AM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
Quote:

DeadmeatDiggory wrote: (Post 2123309)
I enjoyed this episode more than the other three. Seemed they've gotten over (at least this week) the constant need to have the more extreme sex scenes its possible to broadcast on Cable TV, instead of having character development -- and thank god we got one week without seeing the brother naked (although I'm sure he'll be nuding it up next week).

One of the reasons I am glad I have HBO again ... They like to show hot buff yummy guys sans clothing. :D

Quote:

Enjoyed the Vamp-Lord, look forward to see more of him, and less of the "Oooh we're scary human-eating Vampires" trio.
Oh, Erik isn't a Lord. He's just the Sheriff. lol

Quote:

Question: Am I alone in think that the dude on owns the bar is a Werewolf (I thought so last week, this week maybe he's just a creep)?
Yes to the first part, and disagree to the second part. Sam isn't a Were.

RaymondJames September 30 2008 01:57 AM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
Pretty Good episode.

Trippy October 2 2008 12:23 AM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
Does anyone know the title of the first novel in this series? I'm making a trip to the local bookstore tomorrow for the latest Star Trek book, and I'd like to start this series too. I was looking around on amazon, but couldn't find a description that said 'first'.

Lapis Exilis October 2 2008 01:04 AM

Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers
 
Dead Until Dark.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.