The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Lost (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Ultimate X-Men (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=66968)

TheArsenal September 16 2008 03:54 AM

Ultimate X-Men
 
No, actually I'm in the right forum. Pretty slow around here so I thought I'd post these pics.

I was reading through an Ultimate X-Men trade paperback (by Kirkman and Larroca) and found a few Lost Easter eggs in the art work that I thought were amusing.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/scan0002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...scan0003-1.jpg

This clearly means, without one ounce of doubt, that Lost and the X-Men are in the same continuity. This explains much. :)

Ben Sisko3 September 16 2008 05:48 AM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
There was a bunch of stuff like that a few months ago, also in titles like Ultimate Spider-Man and New Avengers.

Hermiod September 16 2008 07:07 AM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
Yeah, most of the books I read the week season four started in the US had references - people talking about Flight 815 on the news, Oceanic Airlines delivery vans and travel agencies etc.

Janet in Mighty Avengers even had a "Find815.com" post-it on her drawing board as she was trying to come up with new uniforms for the Avengers.

Starbreaker September 16 2008 07:13 PM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
I remembered hearing about this but hadn't actually saw any examples. Thanks! :techman:

Hermiod September 17 2008 10:03 AM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
^IIRC, there was a scrolling news bar at the bottom of a television in one book (can't remember which) specifically mentioning that Dr. Jack Shephard was listed as missing.

Ben Sisko3 September 17 2008 03:12 PM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
Quote:

Hermiod wrote: (Post 2079247)
^IIRC, there was a scrolling news bar at the bottom of a television in one book (can't remember which) specifically mentioning that Dr. Jack Shephard was listed as missing.

That may have been Captain America.

Mallet September 17 2008 06:10 PM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
Are Marvel and "Lost" owned by the same parent company? Is that why there is all the "advertising" for Lost in the comics?

captcalhoun September 17 2008 08:30 PM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
no, Marvel owns Marvel and Lost is owned by...uh, whoever...

it's no different to artists slipping in gags to reference Trek, Wars or Who...

Hermiod September 17 2008 09:46 PM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
^I strongly suspect it was paid advertising, though you're right, they often slip cheeky gags in - like Frank Cho sneaking in C-3PO's head in to a pile of smashed Iron Man helmets.

Ben Sisko3 September 18 2008 04:19 AM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
Quote:

Hermiod wrote: (Post 2081313)
^I strongly suspect it was paid advertising, though you're right, they often slip cheeky gags in - like Frank Cho sneaking in C-3PO's head in to a pile of smashed Iron Man helmets.

It was paid advertising. It also doesn't hurt that several past and present Marvel writers are past or present Lost staffers, including Jeph Loeb and Brian K. Vaughan, or noted Lost fans.

Hermiod September 18 2008 07:13 AM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
^Which is a little bit better than Leinil Francis Yu's obsession with sneaking Howard the Duck in to group shots. (Bendis has banned him from doing that in Secret Invasion)

Ben Sisko3 September 22 2008 06:42 PM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
Quote:

Hermiod wrote: (Post 2082932)
^Which is a little bit better than Leinil Francis Yu's obsession with sneaking Howard the Duck in to group shots. (Bendis has banned him from doing that in Secret Invasion)

He banned him from doing it, but he still stuck him into #6. He's right next to Cassie Lang when Tony gives the battle cry.

Hermiod September 22 2008 06:44 PM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
Quote:

Ben Sisko3 wrote: (Post 2096248)
Quote:

Hermiod wrote: (Post 2082932)
^Which is a little bit better than Leinil Francis Yu's obsession with sneaking Howard the Duck in to group shots. (Bendis has banned him from doing that in Secret Invasion)

He banned him from doing it, but he still stuck him into #6. He's right next to Cassie Lang when Tony gives the battle cry.

So he is.

Bendis is going to kill him. :lol:

roguephoenix September 23 2008 02:24 AM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
what if... widmore industries also had a hand in building the enterprise in the new movie? :eek: would jj be that sneaky? lol

Ben Sisko3 September 23 2008 04:40 AM

Re: Ultimate X-Men
 
Quote:

Hermiod wrote: (Post 2096268)
Quote:

Ben Sisko3 wrote: (Post 2096248)
Quote:

Hermiod wrote: (Post 2082932)
^Which is a little bit better than Leinil Francis Yu's obsession with sneaking Howard the Duck in to group shots. (Bendis has banned him from doing that in Secret Invasion)

He banned him from doing it, but he still stuck him into #6. He's right next to Cassie Lang when Tony gives the battle cry.

So he is.

Bendis is going to kill him. :lol:

He seems annoyed, noting that it's the fifth time Yu's done that to him.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.