The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Batman 3 rumors (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=66251)

EnterpriseF September 9 2008 01:55 PM

Batman 3 rumors
 
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080908q.php

Lapis Exilis September 9 2008 05:10 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
I'm still a little ambivalent about the Riddler - but that's because I haven't heard what particular spin might be put on him. Penguin as an international arms dealer is good, though. If they can get those two guys, I'm sure it'd be an interesting movie.

Captain Craig September 9 2008 05:16 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
MODS can we just have one standard Batman 3 rumor thread.

Frankly until Nolan gets back and even decides what his next film will be EVERYTHING will be just rumor. Hardly worth noting. Yet in the weeks since TDK was released this is about the 4th or 5th thread with rumors on the next Nolan Batman.

I'm all for people wanting to discuss them. I'd just rather not have a new one every 10-12 days and frankly thats the current track record.

Canadave September 9 2008 05:27 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
Doesn't matter what Warner wants, really, does it? I would think it's all up to Nolan.

Baldus885 September 9 2008 05:30 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
Every time a Bat-movie comes out, we have about a year of these rumours, none of which turn out to be true. The Penguin-as-arms-dealer one was doing the rounds after Begins, if memory serves.

Aragorn September 9 2008 05:36 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
We should just start making up rumors here and see if they get picked up elsewhere.

Robert Downey, Jr. -- Riddler
Jack Black -- Penguin
Ben Stiller -- Mad Hatter
Matthew McConaughey -- Deadshot
Tom Cruise -- Hugo Strange
Nick Nolte -- Rupert Thorne
Danny McBride -- Harvey Bullock
Steve Coogan -- Creeper

:)

Baldus885 September 9 2008 05:47 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
Quote:

Aragorn wrote: (Post 2049235)
We should just start making up rumors here and see if they get picked up elsewhere.

Robert Downey, Jr. -- Riddler
Jack Black -- Penguin
Ben Stiller -- Mad Hatter
Matthew McConaughey -- Deadshot
Tom Cruise -- Hugo Strange
Nick Nolte -- Rupert Thorne
Danny McBride -- Harvey Bullock
Steve Coogan -- Creeper

:)

Good idea. I heard Spaceman Spiff was going to be the Riddler, and I'm going to play the Mad Hatter.

Emh September 9 2008 06:19 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
Quote:

Lapis Exilis wrote: (Post 2049157)
I'm still a little ambivalent about the Riddler - but that's because I haven't heard what particular spin might be put on him. Penguin as an international arms dealer is good, though. If they can get those two guys, I'm sure it'd be an interesting movie.

I think The Riddler would be interesting because he would bring out Batman's detective's skills to the forefront and be the main focus of the film. I've hated the suggestions of making The Riddler into a Zodiac-esque character. I would rather have be more focused on a specific vendetta against an individual or individuals (like the Mayor or Gordon), leading the Batman through a series of traps in order to rescue either of those people or their families. Or something like that.

Another suggestion I've seen float around here is having Edward Nygma being brought in as a profiler in the hunt for Batman but then going on his own little crazy mission behind the scenes which comes to frutition for the climax.

Either way, I rather have David Tennant who has also expressed interest in playing The Riddler.

Stone_Cold_Sisko September 9 2008 06:23 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
I think its way too early for any of this but if Michael Caine said an exec told him I'm inclined to believe it. It's likely though that the exec could have been talking about his hopes or rough plans for what he'd like to see happen ie they will try to approach Depp/Hoffman.

All I know is, Johnny Depp and Philip Seymour Hoffman, with Bale and Nolan returning = me there on opening day.

I'll watch Depp in anything but Hoffman is a really intriguing choice. I think, handled in a more menacing manner, this guy has real screen presence. I can imagine some really crackling scenes between him and Christian Bale. Much better option than rolly-polly guys with perpetually goofy looks on their face (Bob Hoskins :rolleyes:)

I like the idea of Riddler as a profiler or maybe a private investigator, or something, putting his brilliance to use in tracking down Batman's identity. In fact, maybe his lack of progress, batman giving him the slip too many times, frustrates him and he falls down the slippery slope, doing more and more drastic things to root out batman, eventually staging big horrible crimes to draw Batman out. Tie in with Penguin somehow. Another intriguing choice for Riddler would be Guy Pierce who has a relationship with Nolan.

Aragorn September 9 2008 06:40 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
Of all the names rumored about, I'd rather see Guy Pearce as Riddler. Actually, my preferred choice would never even be offered the role -- James Spader.

Timby September 9 2008 06:49 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 2049176)
MODS can we just have one standard Batman 3 rumor thread.

Frankly until Nolan gets back and even decides what his next film will be EVERYTHING will be just rumor. Hardly worth noting. Yet in the weeks since TDK was released this is about the 4th or 5th thread with rumors on the next Nolan Batman.

I'm all for people wanting to discuss them. I'd just rather not have a new one every 10-12 days and frankly thats the current track record.

You know, we tried that with the Dark Knight Megathread ... and you know what happened? People bitched and moaned, they said that their own topics were so fundamentally important that they needed to exist outside of the Megathread, and no one paid any attention.

So, no. You rubes have shown that Science Fiction & Fantasy can't have nice things. Enjoy the weekly threads with new tidbits of information that suggest Christopher Nolan may or may not return for another Batman movie (and, of course, "plans are subject to change"). :p

Lapis Exilis September 9 2008 06:55 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
Quote:

Canadave wrote: (Post 2049201)
Doesn't matter what Warner wants, really, does it? I would think it's all up to Nolan.

Warners will be footing the $300 million bill to make and market the film so their opinions do matter a bit.

Stone_Cold_Sisko September 9 2008 06:58 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
Quote:

JKTim wrote: (Post 2049476)
Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 2049176)
MODS can we just have one standard Batman 3 rumor thread.

Frankly until Nolan gets back and even decides what his next film will be EVERYTHING will be just rumor. Hardly worth noting. Yet in the weeks since TDK was released this is about the 4th or 5th thread with rumors on the next Nolan Batman.

I'm all for people wanting to discuss them. I'd just rather not have a new one every 10-12 days and frankly thats the current track record.

You know, we tried that with the Dark Knight Megathread ... and you know what happened? People bitched and moaned, they said that their own topics were so fundamentally important that they needed to exist outside of the Megathread, and no one paid any attention.

So, no. You rubes have shown that Science Fiction & Fantasy can't have nice things. Enjoy the weekly threads with new tidbits of information that suggest Christopher Nolan may or may not return for another Batman movie (and, of course, "plans are subject to change"). :p

Keep it the way it is, I hate consolidated threads, because they get so filled and you end up missing posts left and right, and thread digressions end up killing the discussion since you can't ignore them without ignoring the whole thread, and frankly, it's just not as fun browsing the forums if every bit of info is in one thread. The more varied threads the better.

Garth Rockett September 9 2008 07:04 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
Quote:

Lapis Exilis wrote: (Post 2049500)
Quote:

Canadave wrote: (Post 2049201)
Doesn't matter what Warner wants, really, does it? I would think it's all up to Nolan.

Warners will be footing the $300 million bill to make and market the film so their opinions do matter a bit.

Not to mention the fact that they own the character and the film rights, and they're the ones that hired Nolan. If they decide they want certain characters or actors more than they want Nolan and Nolan won't go along with them, they'll just hire a director who will (not that I expect it to come to that). What Warner wants is what matters most.

TheArsenal September 9 2008 07:08 PM

Re: Batman 3 rumors
 
Once DVDs are sold, The Dark Knight will have made just short of a bazillion dollars. So, I imagine the pressure is on to use the better known villains and even better known actors for a sequel. But I hope Nolan resists the urge, and he may. This is the guy who relaunched the franchise on the backs of Ra's al Ghul and the Scarecrow.

Surprise me.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.