The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BTAS: Super-duper delux box set... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=65956)

ancient September 6 2008 09:19 PM

BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
Batman: The Complete animated series is coming to DVD November 4th.

Picture:
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/ima...0/32098011.jpg

Info:
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/ima...0/32123871.jpg

What's that? Already have it? Well buy it again, or the terrorist scum wins. Seriously, this new delux edition looks pretty sweet. There are only two things stopping me from getting it:

1. I already own the whole thing on DVD season sets.
2. I'm a cheap bastard.

However, if you are willing to spend 90-100 bucks on this...can I come to your house and bask in it? Yeah, I'm a sucker for pretty new boxes and bonus discs & books - which come with this. Anyway, could Bat-mania be any bigger right now? TDK is responsible for this, I think.

Get ready for the Ultra Super Sexy Delux Edition, in time for TCC...

Christopher September 6 2008 09:40 PM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
Me, I'm cheap... I only got the individual series sets recently because Amazon slashed the price, presumably to clear out the stock before this came. Sure, I'd like to see the additional documentaries, if they're any good, but no way can I afford to double-dip.

The Evil Dead September 6 2008 10:09 PM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
Man, this kinda stuff always comes out after I've finally bought the full series.

tharpdevenport September 6 2008 11:08 PM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
Also, if you are a fan of the show's music, start saving up a good chunk of change for around that time too.

Emh September 6 2008 11:22 PM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
I have the first three sets and I have no interest in getting the fourth (mostly good stories, but absolutely hideous animation redesigns). I don't have enough incentive to get the set despite looking awfully nice.

OdoWanKenobi September 7 2008 12:09 AM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
That set really looks nice, but I already have all four on DVD. I don't feel the need to double dip.

Hicks September 7 2008 01:47 AM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
Like others have said, it looks great, but I already have it. No thanks.

ancient September 7 2008 01:59 AM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 2039245)
Sure, I'd like to see the additional documentaries, if they're any good, but no way can I afford to double-dip.

Bonus features are becoming pointless as a buying incentive nowadays since they inevitably end up posted on youtube.

Aside from new commentary tracks, that is. I don't know if they have any new ones though, just the bonus disc. I pretty much guarantee* the entire bonus disc will get uploaded to youtube.



*not a guarantee

Galactus September 7 2008 02:20 AM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
Nope this was coming out anyway way before TDK became the monster it is.

Small White Car September 7 2008 02:34 AM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
Yet another vote for "already have them" so I won't be buying them again. Extras? No, I don't need ANOTHER documentary explaining how storyboards work, thanks.

Although I wonder if these will split the episodes up into their own tracks. The original DVDs made one track per disc, which meant that if you rip it to your iPod you get 5-6 episodes per video. VERY annoying!

Christopher September 7 2008 02:42 AM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
Quote:

Tharpdevenport wrote: (Post 2039477)
Also, if you are a fan of the show's music, start saving up a good chunk of change for around that time too.

Are you implying you know something about a soundtrack release? That would be so cool..

Quote:

Emh wrote: (Post 2039511)
I have the first three sets and I have no interest in getting the fourth (mostly good stories, but absolutely hideous animation redesigns).

They're not all bad. The new Penguin is a vast improvement. Harley is virtually unchanged. And the new Barbara/Batgirl is gorgeous (and Tara Strong's voice is much sexier than Melissa Gilbert's was).

PsychoPere September 7 2008 03:03 AM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
I hadn't yet gotten around to purchasing the season sets when this was first announced and have been looking forward to its release since then. Between this and Time-Life's The Real Ghostbusters: The Complete Series release, my checking account just might be a little bare in a few months...

Emh September 7 2008 03:48 AM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 2039946)
Quote:

Emh wrote: (Post 2039511)
I have the first three sets and I have no interest in getting the fourth (mostly good stories, but absolutely hideous animation redesigns).

They're not all bad. The new Penguin is a vast improvement. Harley is virtually unchanged. And the new Barbara/Batgirl is gorgeous (and Tara Strong's voice is much sexier than Melissa Gilbert's was).

I'll grant you Penguin for the sake of returning back to a normal Penguin (although I don't mind the "monster" version in the first three seasons), but I hate how many of the characters (both men and women) got much skinnier, with the women practically having "Disney-esque" waists. However, I can't remember the changes in Batgirl, so I won't comment there (although I've never been a fan of the character as it is).

Stone_Cold_Sisko September 7 2008 04:19 AM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
the new Joker was horrible. I did like Batman himself and the general animation style. the action was pretty cool in the new style.

Small White Car September 7 2008 04:24 AM

Re: BTAS: Super-duper delux box set...
 
Quote:

Emh wrote: (Post 2040083)
I'll grant you Penguin for the sake of returning back to a normal Penguin (although I don't mind the "monster" version in the first three seasons), but I hate how many of the characters (both men and women) got much skinnier, with the women practically having "Disney-esque" waists. However, I can't remember the changes in Batgirl, so I won't comment there (although I've never been a fan of the character as it is).

+1 for Bruce. He finally looks strong and serious.

+1 for no yellow oval

-2 for Gordon, who looks like he's about to die from some exotic disease.

+1 for Tim Robin replacing Dick. Much more fun

+1 for a better penguin

-1 for Joker's eyes

-1/2 for Detictive Bullock just looking...weird.

+100 for some really great stories. Seriously outweighs anything else. I can't believe someone would avoid this for such a silly reason.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.