The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Farscape - Starburst DVDs (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=65838)

Brikar99 September 5 2008 07:21 PM

Farscape - Starburst DVDs

I understand that these are the superior editions of the show on DVD. Were they ever collected into packages, or should I just go about and pick up the individual volumes? I've seen a number of episodes of the show, and I have the "Peacekeeper Wars" DVD, but I'd like to see the entire thing from the beginning.

Leroy September 5 2008 07:29 PM

Re: Farscape - Starburst DVDs

Good luck finding the first season they are oop. Sony bought the rights and has no plans to release it because... well they are Sony.

Neroon September 5 2008 07:31 PM

Yeah. I was hoping I could replace by dual sided discs with single-sided versions, but that's looking less and less likely.

Brikar99 September 5 2008 07:37 PM

Really? Crappy...

The Scrooge Doctor September 5 2008 10:59 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed about that because I never got the chance to buy the first season (I held off until they released them as single-sided, but then I never got to it). Stupid Sony. :rolleyes:

eBay and Amazon Marketplace are your best bet for the first season, but it'll cost you a few pretty pennies.

The Habs Fan September 5 2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Emh wrote: (Post 2036634)
Yeah, I'm pretty pissed about that because I never got the chance to buy the first season (I held off until they released them as single-sided, but then I never got to it). Stupid Sony. :rolleyes:

eBay and Amazon Marketplace are your best bet for the first season, but it'll cost you a few pretty pennies.

Last year, when I decided to watch Farscape for the first time, I bought Starburst Vols. 2 & 3 over eBay, but I couldn't find Vol. 1 anywhere, so I had to buy the DVDs that just had 2 episodes each, so I could watch the first third of season 1. The season set of season 1 was $300.00 if I remember correctly. I think I paid 80 for Vol. 2 and 50 for Vol. 3. I can't remember how much the other Season 1 episodes were.

Hennessy Badger September 6 2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Leroy wrote: (Post 2035584)
Good luck finding the first season they are oop. Sony bought the rights and has no plans to release it because... well they are Sony.

I hope one day sony chooses do to something with the property. Was farscape filmed in HD? Cause that show would look freaking amazing on Blu-ray.

One day I hope to purchase seasons 1 and 2...again. But this time on single sided disks ~ that actually work!

bigdaddy September 6 2008 12:28 AM

Damnit! Just a year or two ago I was going "should I buy the first few, but I will later", and never did.

Yet another in a long list of things that fucking piss me off about Sony. Sony sucks.

Shawnster September 6 2008 12:34 AM

Quote:

Leroy wrote: (Post 2035584)

My wife bought me the entire Farscape series, including Peacekeeper War for our anniversary this year. She had to buy season 1 off of Ebay.

ATimson September 6 2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Hennessy Badger wrote: (Post 2036894)
I hope one day sony chooses do to something with the property.

Right after Universal releases Earth: Final Conflict S1/S2 outside of R2, I suspect.

The Scrooge Doctor September 6 2008 03:28 AM

I hope someone buys out Sony. :p

Subjective September 6 2008 07:03 AM

Yeah, I just got season 1 at the tail end of the buy-out so I only own season 1 starburst edition.

I should buy the rest soonish.

roguephoenix September 6 2008 12:22 PM

i think the only starburst you'll find these days are the ones in the candy store with juicy flavors as the dvds seem to be out

Hanukkah Solo September 6 2008 12:28 PM

Man, I knew I should have bought those Starburst Editions when they were first coming out. I was kind of holding out in hopes that the show would be released in proper season sets.

Get with the program, Sony! :scream:

WHF September 6 2008 03:36 PM

I was waiting for the boxset version to come out. ADV did it with the first release but unfortunately did not repeat this practice with the Starburst DVDs and I missed out. Hopefully now that Sony has the license they will release an even better set.