The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Prison Break 4x01 "Scylla" - Discussion and Spoilers (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=65221)

Ugly Sweater August 31 2008 08:25 PM

Prison Break 4x01 "Scylla" - Discussion and Spoilers

Prison Break's Fourth Season Premiere is tommrow (Monday) night, 2 Hours!

From TV.com:

Quote:

Michael has trailed Gretchen/Susan, Whistler and Mahone to L.A. Chaos reigns in SONA while T-Bag, Bellick and Sucre go missing. Lincoln and L.J. continue to stay with Sofia.

Temis the Vorta August 31 2008 08:51 PM

Re: Prison Break 4x01 "Scylla" - Discussion and Spoilers

Ah the signs of autumn - falling leaves, temperatures finally warming up in San Francisco to tolerable levels, and the first regular-season grading thread. :bolian: This has been one long summer, perhaps because it started in February.

Darth_Daver August 31 2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Temis the Vorta wrote: (Post 2013510)
Ah the signs of autumn - falling leaves, temperatures finally warming up in San Francisco to tolerable levels, and the first regular-season grading thread. :bolian: This has been one long summer, perhaps because it started in February.

Yeah... it was HORRIBLE!!!

I just made a list of autumn shows I'll be watching, and I was like "damn, it's longer than last year..."

Temis the Vorta August 31 2008 09:43 PM

Thank goodness the actors' strike never materialized. :eek:

Goliath August 31 2008 11:12 PM

I haven't yet seen Season 3. Is it worth paying the current full price on DVD, or should I wait for it to drop?

It's only thirteen episodes, and they're asking ten bucks more than it cost to buy Season 2 of Dexter. That made me hesitate.

Dream August 31 2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Camelopard wrote: (Post 2014012)
I haven't yet seen Season 3. Is it worth paying the current full price on DVD, or should I wait for it to drop?

I think most Prison Break fans consider season 3 to be it's weakest season. I would wait for it to get on sale.

Ugly Sweater August 31 2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 2014103)
Quote:

I think most Prison Break fans consider season 3 to be it's weakest season. I would wait for it to get on sale.

I think it is a pretty good season and it doesn't drag itself out due to it being shorter.

And, yep, the first grading thread. House will be coming up here in a week or two, so be prepared! :)

Temis the Vorta September 1 2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

It's only thirteen episodes, and they're asking ten bucks more than it cost to buy Season 2 of Dexter. That made me hesitate.

I would not bother to buy any season of PB except S1, at a discount or otherwise. It's strictly a dumb-fun show.

Goliath September 1 2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Temis the Vorta wrote: (Post 2014426)
Quote:

I would not bother to buy any season of PB except S1, at a discount or otherwise. It's strictly a dumb-fun show.

You mean--like Star Trek? ;)

I'll wait for it to go on sale, I guess.

Darth_Daver September 1 2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 2014103)
Quote:

I certainly consider it waaay better than that godawful second season...
At least the characters were together, and they were doing some prison breaking...

Temis the Vorta September 1 2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Camelopard wrote: (Post 2014614)
Quote:

Temis the Vorta wrote: (Post 2014426)
Quote:

You mean--like Star Trek? ;)

Star Trek had twice as many good seasons as PB!

And I don't think PB's spinoffs will be quite as successful. ;) If they ever get around to that Women-in-Prison thing they were threatening to do.

Dream September 1 2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Temis the Vorta wrote: (Post 2016763)
And I don't think PB's spinoffs will be quite as successful. ;) If they ever get around to that Women-in-Prison thing they were threatening to do.

The ridiculously hot female prisoners will have showers scenes every other episode!:rommie::p

Temis the Vorta September 1 2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 2016778)
Quote:

Temis the Vorta wrote: (Post 2016763)

The ridiculously hot female prisoners will have showers scenes every other episode!:rommie::p

With oodles of lesbian subtext. But I imagine the feminine analogue to Avacado (Avacodrix?) will be a tad bit more alluring. :guffaw:

I really hope they do it. I want to see how sleazy they can get away with on broadcast TV.

CaptainCanada September 2 2008 03:12 AM

The new status quo is fairly workable for a season (basically "Scofield's Eleven" mixed with "The Dirty Dozen"). Though the Company's powers have taken a serious hit since the first season, where they basically were the government; now they're just a corrupt cell that other bodies are actively trying to expel.

Biggest plus: Hot Doc Sara!

Ugly Sweater September 2 2008 03:14 AM

Well, this is off to a very promising start.

Very "Scofield's Seven" kind of feel. ;)

Great to SWG/Sarah back. Love her. :drool:

I'd love it to see if they can bring back Kellerman (we didn't technically see him die, there's room for him to come back.)

I still hate Susan B. Anthony/Gretchen and hope she's not around much this season the new "Operative" guy is well played.

All and all could be an interesting season.

The Wasian hacker kid is going to probably get annoying, and the "tech" in the series has almost reached Trekian levels what with the device that can nick codes and data just by both exsisting and the tattoo reversal (which I saw coming. It'll take some of the pressure off the wardrobe people and allow them to show Wentworth shirtless to please the ladies.)

So looks to be a very promising season!