The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Borg plz (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=64003)

The Borg Queen August 21 2008 03:55 AM

Borg plz
 
Are there any Borg novels that don't read like crappy fanfiction with Captain Mary Sue T. Kirk?

Or is Vendetta the only other Borg novel that's ever been written?

Turbo August 21 2008 03:57 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
My goodness, aren't you positive?

What the hell is in the water here tonight? :wtf:

Thrawn August 21 2008 04:01 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
Well, wait about two months, and I have this strange suspicion you won't be complaining anymore.

LightningStorm August 21 2008 04:09 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
Quote:

Acetylhexene wrote: (Post 1968815)
Are there any Borg novels that don't read like crappy fanfiction with Captain Mary Sue T. Kirk?

Or is Vendetta the only other Borg novel that's ever been written?

Borg Stories I Liked:
Engines of Destiny by Gene DeWeese
"The Beginning" in Strange New Worlds VI by Annie Reed
Homecoming by Christie Golden (although I don't count this as a "Borg Book")
The Farther Shore by Christie Golden (part two of Homecoming above, I don't consider this a true "Borg Book" either)

Borg Stories I thought were average:
TNG: Resistance by JM Dillard
"Forgotten Light" in Strange New Worlds VII by Frederick Kim
"The Worst of Both Worlds" in Mirror Universe: Glass Empires by Greg Cox (mirror universe Borg)

Borg Story I didn't like:
TNG: Before Dishonor by Peter David (this is actually a followup to Vendetta, so I'm told -- I haven't actually read Vendetta)

The Borg Queen August 21 2008 04:39 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
Quote:

LightningStorm wrote: (Post 1968886)
Borg Stories I Liked:
Engines of Destiny by Gene DeWeese
"The Beginning" in Strange New Worlds VI by Annie Reed
Homecoming by Christie Golden (although I don't count this as a "Borg Book")
The Farther Shore by Christie Golden (part two of Homecoming above, I don't consider this a true "Borg Book" either)

Thanks, I'll check them out. :bolian:

Why don't you count those two as Borg books?

I read a bit of spoiler about Before Dishonor and Seven of Nine becoming "Seven of One" and wondered if I'd been redirected to fanfiction.net instead. :rolleyes:

Dayton3 August 21 2008 05:41 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
Quote:

Acetylhexene wrote: (Post 1968815)
Are there any Borg novels that don't read like crappy fanfiction with Captain Mary Sue T. Kirk?

Or is Vendetta the only other Borg novel that's ever been written?

Vendetta is the only other Borg novel that's ever been written...

The Borg Queen August 21 2008 05:54 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
What just happened?

Was this thread closed and then re-opened? :wtf:

Haytil August 21 2008 05:56 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
William Shatner's "The Return" was pretty good, as far as the Borg were concerned. A lot of creepy Borg stuff in there (this was the era before Voyager - even before "First Contact").

KRAD August 21 2008 06:01 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
Quote:

Dayton3 wrote: (Post 1969168)
Vendetta is the only other Borg novel that's ever been written...

This is a lie. There are plenty of other Borg novels, which have been listed elsewhere in the thread.

And I know you know that, Dayton3, because you started a thread to review one of them.

Dayton3 August 21 2008 06:02 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
Quote:

KRAD wrote: (Post 1969230)
Quote:

Dayton3 wrote: (Post 1969168)
Vendetta is the only other Borg novel that's ever been written...

This is a lie. There are plenty of other Borg novels, which have been listed elsewhere in the thread.

And I know you know that, Dayton3, because you started a thread to review one of them.

I was being sarcastic.

KRAD August 21 2008 06:03 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
^ Then I retract the statement. The sarcasm wasn't obvious, and unlike your namesake, you don't have a reputation for it. :)

The Borg Queen August 21 2008 06:04 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
Well before making this thread, the only two novels I'd known about with the Borg in them were Vendetta and that one where Kirk gets resurrected as some Super-Locutus Drone!Sue.

William Leisner August 21 2008 06:08 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
Quote:

Acetylhexene wrote: (Post 1969238)
Well before making this thread, the only two novels I'd known about with the Borg in them were Vendetta and that one where Kirk gets resurrected as some Super-Locutus Drone!Sue.

Damn, so you really are new to these here parts...

The Borg Queen August 21 2008 06:14 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
'Fraid so.

I did enjoy the TNG/X-Men crossover book though, that's the only other Star Trek novel I've ever read.

JNG August 21 2008 10:18 AM

Re: Borg plz
 
Gosh, are you saying you didn't like that book where Kirk came back from the dead and flew a ship to the Delta Quadrant and landed on the Borg homeworld and pulled a lever on it that blew it up?

:dies:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.