The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   WWE Cut-Fest (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=63194)

Hermiod August 12 2008 08:51 PM

WWE Cut-Fest

WWE has "future endeavoured" Big Daddy V (the curse of the draft strikes again), Shannon Moore, Nunzio and Domino as well as referee Nick Patrick (who appears to be retiring due to back problems), developmental wrestlers James Curtis, Charles "The Hammer" Evans (original nickname there), Matt O'Neal and Brad Attitude and announcer Jonathan Coachman (who has gotten a new job on ESPN).

In other news, Randy Orton has again broken his collarbone in a motorbike accident and will be out for a further three months.

Defcon August 12 2008 09:11 PM

Re: WWE Cut-Fest

The only one I'm really surprised about is Nunzio, I thought by now he was a "lifetime" jobber in WWE just like Funaki who managed to survive every cutfest in the last decade or so.

firehawk12 August 12 2008 10:34 PM

Byebye Coachman? Wow. :lol:

DanCPA August 12 2008 11:35 PM

didn't they just put him on Raw ?

MNM August 13 2008 01:48 AM

I thought Coachman's contract expired around now rather than him being cut?

Hermiod August 13 2008 07:11 AM

^Same thing really. If they wanted to keep him they would have.

Big Daddy V had just moved from ECW to Smackdown but hadn't been used since Wrestlemania due to pneumonia and his need to lose weight.

Domino's former tag team partner Deuce moved to Raw in the draft also, and they broke Cherry away from them and turned her face so they had nothing for him. It was almost inevitable.

CaptainWacky August 13 2008 07:27 PM

I think I'm the only person who will miss Big Daddy V. :(

Hermiod August 14 2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

CaptainWacky wrote: (Post 1940706)

The problem is that while most wrestling fans have short memories, I remember little things like Viscera (as he was known back then) jobbing to Triple H in seconds on Raw one time.

Defcon August 14 2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Hermiod wrote: (Post 1943286)
Quote:

CaptainWacky wrote: (Post 1940706)

The problem is that while most wrestling fans have short memories, I remember little things like Viscera (as he was known back then) jobbing to Triple H in seconds on Raw one time.

The bigger problem might be that some people like me remember the dreadful King Mabel main event run of Big Daddy V, and still haven't forgiven him for that. ;)

CaptainWacky August 14 2008 07:18 PM

He was with the company, on and off, for over fourteen years. Quite impressive! Mo, on the other hand, faded into obscurity.

Hermiod August 15 2008 06:42 PM

Six more have been future endeavoured - Stevie Richards, Colin Delaney (huge surprise that one), Robbie (Derek Graham-Couch) and Rory McAllister (Russell Murray), Cherry (another surprise) and ECW referee Wes Adams.

In addition, it is almost certain that we will not see Mick Foley on Smackdown again. He is going to let his contract expire and most likely sign with TNA in a limited active wrestling role.

Plus, I suspect we may very well have seen the last of Carlito. Rumour is that he will return to Puerto Rico to run his own promotion.

DanCPA August 15 2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Hermiod wrote: (Post 1948152)
In addition, it is almost certain that we will not see Mick Foley on Smackdown again. He is going to let his contract expire and most likely sign with TNA in a limited active wrestling role.

I am just disappointed he won't go away, I am tired of Mick Foley
Quote:

Plus, I suspect we may very well have seen the last of Carlito. Rumour is that he will return to Puerto Rico to run his own promotion.
Wow, this is sad. He was a good fun wrestler!

Hermiod August 15 2008 06:51 PM

^My money is on Matt Stiker getting the ECW announcing job permanently and Tazz being moved back to Smackdown.

Carlito was all ready to leave last year, but he dug himself out of the dog house and started winning matches again. However, he has yet to debut on Smackdown and he's reportedly very unhappy.

DanCPA August 15 2008 06:54 PM

Makes sense for Tazz

I wonder why the WWE isn't giving Carlito his push

CaptainWacky August 15 2008 07:11 PM

I thought Stevie Richards was the type who'd have a job for life. :(

Cherry going is odd since she was one of the better female wrestlers on Smackdown (and they don't exactly have many.)