The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   "Lethal Weapon 5" -- They're not too old for this shit (yet) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=62672)

JacksonArcher August 6 2008 09:40 PM

"Lethal Weapon 5" -- They're not too old for this shit (yet)

Looks like Lethal Weapon writer Shane Black has written a spec script for Lethal Weapon 5 and has contacted producer Joel Silver and the two leads, Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, who all seem game.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47707

I think this is not surprising news. First Rocky, then John McClane, Rambo and Indiana Jones...Biggs and Murtaugh were the only options left!

captcalhoun August 6 2008 09:42 PM

Re: "Lethal Weapon 5" -- They're not too old for this shit (yet)

y'mean Riggs...

4 was crap...

Emher August 6 2008 10:08 PM

Wow really? It's been ten years since the last one... Oh well Shane Black has the props to make a good script so I might give this a look.

Harvey August 6 2008 10:39 PM

Black hasn't written for the series since the second film (and that was largely re-written to preserve the franchise), but I'm interested. I think these films are incredibly good for what they are.

I even liked the fourth film. But, that film also seemed to put the franchise to bed (complete with the photo montage at the end). I need a reason to raise it up one more time if I'm going to spend money on it.

JoeZhang August 6 2008 10:44 PM

I don't believe this for a second.

Starkers August 6 2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

captcalhoun wrote: (Post 1917588)
y'mean Riggs...

4 was crap...

I dunno, I prefered it to the third.

Gary Mitchell August 6 2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Starkers wrote: (Post 1917845)
Quote:

captcalhoun wrote: (Post 1917588)
y'mean Riggs...

4 was crap...

I dunno, I prefered it to the third.

Me too. I'm definitely going to give it a chance.

butch101 August 6 2008 10:58 PM

If Shane Black is in, I'm sure he can do something interesting. If the actors are keen to do it again, then we might have some fun watching it. Bring it on !

Butch

bigdaddy August 6 2008 10:59 PM

:lol:

I just told a friend yesterday that they would make a 5th because Mel Gibson is a racist pig and he needs to clean up his image.

zenophite August 7 2008 12:45 AM

If they do I hope to the gods that they keep chris rock's annoying fucking self out of it.

Harvey August 7 2008 12:49 AM

I'm unconcerned if Chris Rock returns or not, but I do wonder if they'll be able (or interested) in getting the all but retired Joe Pesci back for the film. The only thing he's made since 1997's fourth Lethal Weapon installment was The Good Shepard, and the was a bit part as a favor to his friend Robert DeNiro.

zenophite August 7 2008 12:53 AM

Well leo goetz has pretty much run his course and he'd likely not be integral to the story.

Trubinator August 7 2008 03:53 AM

How about not? Four was enough for me.

Aragorn August 7 2008 03:53 AM

Meh. Each sequel was lesser in quality than the previous film, and I didn't like 4. Not sure where Shane Black can go with it considering he hates what they did to Riggs, going all the way back to the first movie.

Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 1917902)
I just told a friend yesterday that they would make a 5th because Mel Gibson is a racist pig and he needs to clean up his image.

If Mel became the president of Iran, he could wish Israel be nuked off the face of the earth and say the Holocaust never happened and no one would dare call him racist or evil. :lol:

The Borgified Corpse August 7 2008 03:59 AM

Quote:

JacksonArcher wrote: (Post 1917580)
I think this is not surprising news. First Rocky, then John McClane, Rambo and Indiana Jones...Biggs and Murtaugh were the only options left!

Not only this but apparantly Paramount is talking with Eddie Murphy about Beverly Hills Cop IV.:eek: