The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombreros (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=61939)

CaptainHawk1 July 30 2008 05:58 AM

You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombreros
 
My wife just found sombreros at a Party City near our house in Vegas for $4! I got one and if you want one when you get here's where you go:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=7751+W...0.036774&hl=en

If you want one but don't want to go to Party City, I'll get them and we can make arrangements for payment and delivery.

PM me for info.

-Shawn :borg:

Sector 7 July 30 2008 06:36 AM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Bless you! Spread the word, brother!

Atavachron August 25 2008 11:02 AM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Did someone say sombrero?

http://www.litb.com/dh.jpg

Atavachron

S'kai August 25 2008 02:58 PM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Damn! I knew there was something I forgot to pick up in Vegas.

Gep Malakai August 25 2008 03:08 PM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Quote:

S'kai wrote: (Post 1986776)
Damn! I knew there was something I forgot to pick up in Vegas.

A dead horse? :confused: :p

TeutonicNights August 25 2008 03:08 PM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
If I am sitting in the theater to watch XI and I can't see anything because there are people sitting in front of me wearing sombreros I'LL BE YELLING

Gep Malakai August 25 2008 03:13 PM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Quote:

TeutonicNights wrote: (Post 1986803)
If I am sitting in the theater to watch XI and I can't see anything because there are people sitting in front of me wearing sombreros I'LL BE YELLING

No, that WILL BE SPOCK.

Timewalker August 25 2008 08:15 PM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Okay, here's how you wear a sombrero at the movie without them getting in anybody's way: Many craft stores sell doll-sized hats of various kinds -- sombreros included -- for doll-making projects and other crafts. Just get a package of them, glue or stitch on a safety pin, and voila! You have a sombrero pin to proudly wear as a badge to the theatre. If a whole group of people do this, you will have the non-sombrero badge wearers wondering what's going on, which is always fun! :D

Or, you could take the small sombreros and attach an elastic to them... wear them as hair ornaments, or even small hats if the elastic is long enough. Though that might get in the way.

AdmiralGarak August 25 2008 08:18 PM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Quote:

Gep Malakai wrote: (Post 1986801)
Quote:

S'kai wrote: (Post 1986776)
Damn! I knew there was something I forgot to pick up in Vegas.

A dead horse? :confused: :p

It should be a dead burro. :rolleyes: :;)

Alidar Jarok August 25 2008 11:57 PM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Quote:

Gep Malakai wrote: (Post 1986801)
Quote:

S'kai wrote: (Post 1986776)
Damn! I knew there was something I forgot to pick up in Vegas.

A dead horse? :confused: :p

He's going to get it from Jack Woltz

Atavachron August 26 2008 01:32 AM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
I was going to add an animation of some dude flogging it but it seemed like a lot more work than it was worth. I think you get the point.

http://www.litb.com/dh.jpg

Atavachron

Nardpuncher August 26 2008 02:04 AM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Quote:

Atavachron wrote: (Post 1986368)
Did someone say sombrero?

http://www.litb.com/dh.jpg

Atavachron


God Bless You! This made my day!

Nylorac August 26 2008 02:15 AM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Quote:

Timewalker wrote: (Post 1987914)
Okay, here's how you wear a sombrero at the movie without them getting in anybody's way: Many craft stores sell doll-sized hats of various kinds -- sombreros included -- for doll-making projects and other crafts. Just get a package of them, glue or stitch on a safety pin, and voila! You have a sombrero pin to proudly wear as a badge to the theatre. If a whole group of people do this, you will have the non-sombrero badge wearers wondering what's going on, which is always fun! :D

Or, you could take the small sombreros and attach an elastic to them... wear them as hair ornaments, or even small hats if the elastic is long enough. Though that might get in the way.

....just like the one that Sombrero Tribble has been stylishy sporting!!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...eroTribble.jpg

Alidar Jarok August 26 2008 03:29 AM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Atavachron, don't post images from a site you don't own unless it's just a link.

Atavachron August 27 2008 08:19 AM

Re: You want sombreros for the Vegas Con, I got your stinkin' sombrero
 
Quote:

Alidar Jarok wrote: (Post 1989643)
Atavachron, don't post images from a site you don't own unless it's just a link.


I do own that site. Have since 1996. To prove it I just reduced the size by 50%.

http://www.litb.com/dh.jpg

I read somewhere here that this is exactly what I was supposed to do. Use a site where I can put an image so it isn't hot linked. At least you won't get one of those "This image no longer exists" messages that you get from photo bucket et al.

Atavachron


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.