The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TrekToday News Items (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Pocket 'Star Trek' Book Schedule Announced (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=60350)

TrekToday July 13 2008 04:49 AM

Pocket 'Star Trek' Book Schedule Announced

The new Pocket Star Trek Book line-up has been released detailing the upcoming books from now through the end of 2009.<p>As reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://trekbbs.com">TrekBBS.com</A> by <font color=yellow>Keith R.A. DeCandido</font>, there will be plenty of good <i>Star Trek</i> fiction for eager fans.<p>The list is as follows: <p><b>July 2008</b><br>-<i>Myriad Universes: Infinity's Prism</i> by <font color=yellow>William Leisner</font>, <font color=yellow>Christopher L. Bennett</font>, and <font color=yellow>James Swallow</font>. <br>-<i>Deep Space Nine: Fearful Symmetry</i> by <font color=yellow>Olivia Woods</font>.<p><b>August 2008</b><br>-<i>Myriad Universes: Echoes and Refractions</i> by <font color=yellow>Geoff Trowbridge</font>, <font color=yellow>Keith R.A. DeCandido</font> and <font color=yellow>Chris Roberson</font>.<br>-<i>The Next Generation: Greater than the Sum</i> by <font color=yellow>Christopher L. Bennett</font>.<p><b>September 2008</b><br>-<i>Star Trek 101</i> by <font color=yellow>Terry J. Erdmann</font> and <font color=yellow>Paula M. Block</font>.<br>-<i>Enterprise: Kobayashi Maru</i> by <font color=yellow>Michael A. Martin</font> and <font color=yellow>Andy Mangels</font>.<p><b>October 2008</b><br>-<i>Corps of Engineers: Wounds</i> by <font color=yellow>Ilsa J. Bick</font>, <font color=yellow>Keith R.A. DeCandido</font>, <font color=yellow>John J. Ordover</font>, <font color=yellow>Terri Osborne</font>, and <font color=yellow>Cory Rushton</font>.<br>-<i>Destiny: Gods of Night</i> by <font color=yellow>David Mack</font>.<p><b>November 2008</b><br>-<i>Destiny: Mere Mortals</i> by <font color=yellow>David Mack</font>.<br>-<i>Star Trek Academy: Collision Course</i> by <font color=yellow>William Shatner</font>, with <font color=yellow>Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens</font>.<p><b>December 2008</b><br>-<i>Destiny: Lost Souls</i> by <font color=yellow>David Mack</font>.<p><b>January 2009</b><br>-<i>Mirror Universe: Shards and Shadows</i>, ed. by <font color=yellow>Margaret Clark</font> and <font color=yellow>Marco Palmieri</font>.<br>-<i>Star Trek: Errand of Fury: Sacrifices of War</i> by <font color=yellow>Kevin Ryan</font>.<p><b>February 2009</b><br>-<i>A Singular Destiny</i> by <font color=yellow>Keith R.A. DeCandido</font>.<p><b>March 2009</b><br>-<i>Star Trek: Mere Anarchy</i> by <font color=yellow>Mike W. Barr</font>, <font color=yellow>Christopher L. Bennett</font>, <font color=yellow>Margaret Wander Bonanno</font>, <font color=yellow>Dave Galanter</font>, <font color=yellow>Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore</font>, and <font color=yellow>Howard Weinstein</font>.<br>-<i>Titan: Over a Torrent Sea</i> by <font color=yellow>Christopher L. Bennett</font>.<p><b>April 2009</b><br>-<i>New Frontier: Treason</i> by <font color=yellow>Peter David</font>.<br>-<i>Voyager: Full Circle</i> by <font color=yellow>Kirsten Beyer</font>.<p><b>May 2009</b><br>-<i>Star Trek: Crucible</i> by <font color=yellow>David R. George III</font>.<br>-<i>Vanguard: Open Secrets</i> by <font color=yellow>Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore</font>.<p><b>June 2009</b><br>-<i>Star Trek: Troublesome Minds</i> by <font color=yellow>Dave Galanter</font>.<p><b>July 2009</b> <br>-<i>The Next Generation: Losing the Peace</i> by <font color=yellow>William Leisner</font>.<p><b>August 2009</b><br>-<i>Seven Deadly Sins</i>, ed. by <font color=yellow>Marco Palmieri</font>.<br>-<i>Deep Space Nine: The Soul Key</i> by <font color=yellow>Olivia Woods</font>.<p><b>September 2009</b><br>-<i>Deep Space Nine: The Never-Ending Sacrifice</i> by <font color=yellow>Una McCormack</font>.<p><b>October 2009</b><br>-<i>Enterprise: The Romulan War</i> by <font color=yellow>Michael A. Martin</font>.<br>-<i>Voyager (title TBA)</i> by <font color=yellow>Kirsten Beyer</font>.<p><b>November 2009</b><br>-<i>Myriad Universes</i> (title and authors TBA).<br>-<i>Titan</i> (title TBA) by <font color=yellow>James Swallow</font>.<p> <b>December 2009</b> <br>-<i>Corps of Engineers: Out of the Cocoon</i> by <font color=yellow>Robert T. Jeschonek</font>, <font color=yellow>Kevin Killiany</font>, <font color=yellow>William Leisner</font>, and <font color=yellow>Phaedra M. Weldon</font>.<br>-<i>Vanguard</i> (title TBA) by <font color=yellow>David Mack</font>.<p><b>2010</b><br>-<i>Star Trek: The Unspoken Truth</i> by <font color=yellow>Margaret Wander Bonanno</font>.<br>-<i>Star Trek: The Millennium Bloom</i> by <font color=yellow>Mike W. Barr</font>.<p>To read more, head to the thread located <A class="link" HREF="http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=59957&page=4">here</A>.<center></center>

Pioneer July 13 2008 02:48 PM

Re: Pocket 'Star Trek' Book Schedule Announced

Are these, like, books? :confused:

Emh July 13 2008 06:16 PM

Yes. And they look to be excellent books. :col:

Smiley July 14 2008 04:29 PM

Is the Crucible listing an omnibus of the three existing books?

DarkHorizon July 14 2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Smiley wrote: (Post 1837076)
Is the Crucible listing an omnibus of the three existing books?

Yes, with some new material included.

Procutus July 15 2008 12:57 AM

I'm looking forward to the Romulan War installment of Enterprise.

RandyS July 15 2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Pioneer wrote: (Post 1833963)
Are these, like, books? :confused:

Yep. Is that a bad thing?

Jack Bauer July 15 2008 11:44 PM

Looks like Pocket is gonna get a lot more of my money again!

Procutus July 16 2008 01:37 AM

And let us not forget that the novelization of the movie, though not on the schedule, will be released next year as well.

Garrovick July 16 2008 02:26 AM

As a used to be Trek book reader.

I'm just getting the books with the Keith R.A. DeCandido name on them.