The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along blog (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=59907)

Korob July 8 2008 06:09 PM

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along blog

Anybody else looking forward to this? The trailer is up, and the first part is released on the 15th of this month.

For the uninformed, Dr.Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is a project Joss Whedon came up with during the writers' strike. It's a musical, based around a supervillian who's too shy to talk to the cute girl at the laundromat, and the superhero who keeps beating him up.

Admiral Buzzkill July 8 2008 06:25 PM

Re: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along blog

Looks great, and funny. Thanks for the link.

DarkHorizon July 8 2008 06:27 PM

I am! Very much so - been looking forward to it since it was announced. It has a strong cast, intriguing premise, and it's by Joss. What else need be said?

PsychoPere July 8 2008 07:15 PM

Whoo! I didn't realize the trailer was online now. Thanks for posting the link.

Just as DarkHorizon said, I've been looking forward to this since Joss announced it. It sounds and looks like it'll be quite a bit of fun.

antichristhill July 8 2008 07:22 PM

Ooooh, this looks like fun! My hubby, the Whedon-fanatic, will love it.

Korob July 8 2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

PsychoPere wrote: (Post 1816894)
Whoo! I didn't realize the trailer was online now. Thanks for posting the link.

Just as DarkHorizon said, I've been looking forward to this since Joss announced it. It sounds and looks like it'll be quite a bit of fun.

Yeah, same here. I didn't realise that it was being released this month, I just went to the website to see if there was any news.

If you haven't already, you should read the master plan. The 3 parts will be up till Sunday night, then a bit later they'll become paid downloads, then sometime in the future there will be a DVD release with extras. He says all that and more, but in a more Joss-like way.

Sakrysta July 8 2008 07:50 PM

For those of you who know nothing about it and need some motivation to click the link, it stars Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion. :drool:

JNG July 8 2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Sakrysta wrote: (Post 1817038)
For those of you who know nothing about it and need some motivation to click the link, it stars Neil Patrick Harris

Neil Patrick Harris is a selling point? :wtf:

Well, I'll check it out anyway :)

Temis the Vorta July 8 2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

For those of you who know nothing about it and need some motivation to click the link, it stars Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion. :drool:

Mm, well it will take more than that to keep me interested. The premise seems a bit thin, but when something materializes, I'll check it out.

Korob July 8 2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Temis the Vorta wrote: (Post 1817247)
Quote:

Mm, well it will take more than that to keep me interested. The premise seems a bit thin, but when something materializes, I'll check it out.

It's only 3 webisodes, shown over one week, I think it's totalling around 45 minutes, so it's pretty much 1 episode of a TV show, not something that will have keep you interested long term.

Sakrysta July 8 2008 09:19 PM

For some inexplicable reason, I find NPH adorable, and he has a very endearing singing voice.

The :drool: was for Nathan Fillion, though. :techman:

Ethros July 8 2008 09:55 PM

I'll defo watch it. Plus it has Felicia Day in it, who played potential Slayer Vi in Season 7. Cute as hell

Turtletrekker July 9 2008 02:27 AM

^That sells me on it.:drool:

I assume that she is "the cute girl at the laundromat"?

grabmygoblin July 9 2008 06:40 AM

pure, concentrated win!

Korob July 9 2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Turtletrekker wrote: (Post 1818613)
^That sells me on it.:drool:

I assume that she is "the cute girl at the laundromat"?

Yep, with Nathan Fillion as Captain Hammer, and Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible.
There's a Captain Hammer web comic up on Dark Horse's MySpace page for anyone who's interested.