The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TrekToday News Items (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Spiner On The End Of 'The Next Generation' Era (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=58699)

TrekToday June 24 2008 10:57 PM

Spiner On The End Of 'The Next Generation' Era

<font color=yellow>Brent Spiner</font> found that facing the end of <i>The Next Generation's</i> adventures was difficult.<p>As reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://www.dwscifi.com">Total Sci Fi</A>, the <i>Next Generation</i> actors were emotional when <i>The Next Generation</i> came to an end in 1994. But with the completion of <i>Star Trek: Nemesis</i> came the realization that they were truly finished.<p>"Michael Dorn was emotional," said Spiner, referring to the end of the seven seasons of <i>The Next Generation</i>. "He was crying and kept spitting those fake teeth out. But the 'ending-ending' really was Nemesis. That was really emotional."<p>Spiner was unable to take home any of his <i>Next Generation</i> costumes from the series. "I was told I couldn't take anything, so I wore my visor home off the set of 'Next Generation' and I did that with my costume from the last movie [Nemesis]. That's all I've taken. Why? Because I could!" <p>Spiner later sold the visor in a private auction. A visor alleged to have been the real visor was sold at the Christie's auction of <i>Star Trek</i> items in 2006. The fan who bought it later took legal auction against Christie's when he was told by Spiner that the visor from Christie's wasn't the real thing.<p>To read more, including Spiner's current projects, head to the article located <A class="link" HREF="http://www.dwscifi.com/interviews/2139-brent-spiner-at-creation-grand-slam">here</A>.<center></center>

Samuel T. Cogley June 24 2008 11:28 PM

Re: Spiner On The End Of 'The Next Generation' Era

Quote:

TrekToday wrote: (Post 1773757)
A visor alleged to have been the real visor was sold at the Christie's auction of Star Trek items in 2006. The fan who bought it later took legal auction against Christie's when he was told by Spiner that the visor from Christie's wasn't the real thing.

Somebody needs a visor advisor.

RandyS June 25 2008 12:10 AM

What's he taking about anyway? Geordi wore the visor, not Data.

Samuel T. Cogley June 25 2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

RandyS wrote: (Post 1774032)
What's he taking about anyway? Geordi wore the visor, not Data.

Poker visor, I'm guessing, from "All Good Things."

Or he's gone insane.

What's the difference?

AJBryant June 25 2008 12:49 AM

Dude, the green POKER visor.

NCC621 June 25 2008 01:17 AM

Maybe there were two visors that were used in different episodes?

RandyS June 25 2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

AJBryant wrote: (Post 1774161)
Dude, the green POKER visor.

Oh.

Temis the Vorta June 25 2008 02:00 AM

Suckers. I got the visor!

Snaploud June 25 2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Temis the Vorta wrote: (Post 1774389)

It's a faaaaaaaaaaake!

T'Cal June 27 2008 01:02 AM

I've got a gut feeling that Spiner's philosophical ramblings about the end of TNG will hurt the chances of further series with characters from that show and others of that era. He may be done what with Data being dead (don't even mention B4), but I'm betting others who were involved in the three shows would be interested. I thoroughly enjoyed his work on TV but felt his character lost a lot in the movies, as did the others.

Temis the Vorta June 27 2008 01:49 AM

Quote:

Snaploud wrote: (Post 1776268)
Quote:

Temis the Vorta wrote: (Post 1774389)

It's a faaaaaaaaaaake!

The Romulans will never find out. Bwahaha!

Warp Core Breach June 27 2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: (Post 1774088)
Or he's gone insane.

This much is obvious.

FordSVT June 27 2008 05:25 AM

Quote:

T'Cal wrote: (Post 1779653)
I've got a gut feeling that Spiner's philosophical ramblings about the end of TNG will hurt the chances of further series with characters from that show and others of that era.

No, it won't. If we ever get more TNG (unlikely), it will be because there is $$$ to be made, and if we don't it's not because Brent Spiner likes to reminisce about the good old days.

T'Cal June 27 2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

FordSVT wrote: (Post 1780434)
Quote:

T'Cal wrote: (Post 1779653)
I've got a gut feeling that Spiner's philosophical ramblings about the end of TNG will hurt the chances of further series with characters from that show and others of that era.

No, it won't. If we ever get more TNG (unlikely), it will be because there is $$$ to be made, and if we don't it's not because Brent Spiner likes to reminisce about the good old days.

Well, I believe one of the biggest stars of that show can influence if and when it would come back. If done right, he and other stars from TNG can create a buzz both internally and with the audience. Certainly, interest would make the potential for $$$$ and likely a movie. Still, I'd rather see a TV miniseries than a film.

mythme June 28 2008 12:45 PM

I've often wondered what that "Spiner femme" from Trekkies did when they killed off Data; when off the deep end perhaps?