The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=57408)

Agent Richard07 June 10 2008 02:25 PM

Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Battlestar Galactica 4x10, "Revelations". This brings us to the halfway point in Battlestar Galactica's final run of episodes. It's also a season finale since the show won't be back for a while. Spoilers ahead...

After nine episodes of waiting and build-up, I think it's time for some surprises and perhaps a few answers. So far we've seen Starbuck's mysterious return and subsequent search for Earth (which I think fizzled out), Lee's politicking in a suit & tie, a Cylon civil war, Roslin's condition deteriorating, four Cylons living in secret trying to decide what to do about it, and the return of an old enemy. This episode will hopefully give us some payoff on at least a few of those issues along with a good cliffhanger or two at the end. I don't think they called this episode "Revelations" for nothing.

Here's a little of what we can expect...

"A band of rebel Cylons holds President Roslin hostage while attempting to lure the Final Five out of hiding inside the Galactica and the human fleet."

http://www.cyberspace5.net/agentrich...7200800003.jpg

Now on with the show...

Agent Richard07 June 10 2008 02:40 PM

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

This thread is going up a few days early for those who will be attending tomorrow's screening in L.A. with the cast.

Also, I was careful not to call this episode the mid-season finale. I read somewhere that according to Aaron Douglas, the next ten episodes will be known as "Season 5". I don't know if this will actually be the case. I guess time will tell.

Hicks June 11 2008 04:13 AM

Quote:

Agent Richard07 wrote: (Post 1726566)
This thread is going up a few days early for those who will be attending tomorrow's screening in L.A. with the cast.

Also, I was careful not to call this episode the mid-season finale. I read somewhere that according to Aaron Douglas, the next ten episodes will be known as "Season 5". I don't know if this will actually be the case. I guess time will tell.

Why now? Why have 2.0 and 2.5, then now instead of 4.0 and 4.5, make it 4 and 5?

Agent Richard07 June 12 2008 09:09 PM

Looks like we have 100% Excellent so far. :bolian:
Quote:

Hicks wrote: (Post 1729108)
Quote:

Agent Richard07 wrote: (Post 1726566)

Why now? Why have 2.0 and 2.5, then now instead of 4.0 and 4.5, make it 4 and 5?

When I heard about this, I thought it was so they could squeeze out a new season to be eligible for awards one last time. Then I did a quick search and found this. It's a page that mentions what Aaron Douglas said. Then there's a comment that follows suggesting that a show needs at least 12 episodes to be considered for something big like the Emmys. Like I said though, I don't know if the whole 'season 5' thing is even accurate.

Samuel T. Cogley June 12 2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Agent Richard07 wrote: (Post 1734891)
Looks like we have 100% Excellent so far. :bolian:

That would be me. :techman:

Garak June 12 2008 09:12 PM

Was it everything you dreamed it to be STC?

Samuel T. Cogley June 12 2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Garak wrote: (Post 1734902)
Was it everything you dreamed it to be STC?

I loved every second of it.

My disgustingly spoiler heavy review is up.

And I'll review the whole evening a bit later.

It was a blast. Geek heaven. :D

Starwind June 12 2008 10:33 PM

^ Must...resist...spoiler... thread...

Samuel T. Cogley June 12 2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Starwind wrote: (Post 1735265)
^ Must...resist...spoiler... thread...

Yeah, please do. I feel like a crack dealer.

Twilight June 12 2008 11:22 PM

do you have photos from the night, Cogley?

Samuel T. Cogley June 12 2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Twilight wrote: (Post 1735445)
do you have photos from the night, Cogley?

I do. I'm going to try to post them with my review of the evening.

T'Pers0n June 13 2008 02:54 PM

That was pretty good. A few nitpicks about it all. But, that's more of a problem with the season and not the individual episode. All in all, very good. Going to excellent it before I have too much time to think about it.

Agent Richard07 June 13 2008 03:34 PM

Four votes already. Did at least five people here attend the L.A. screening?

T'Pers0n June 13 2008 03:40 PM

Scifi has been streaming the entire episode for nearly two hours now.

Agent Richard07 June 13 2008 03:40 PM

^ Oh, okay.