The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Fan Art (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Deck Plans VI: The Undiscovered Bowling Alley (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=56405)

Captain Robert April May 30 2008 06:21 PM

Deck Plans VI: The Undiscovered Bowling Alley

Since the last thread refuses to accept any more replies, it's time to kick off what will, hopefully, be the final endgame on this project.

Just as soon as Shaw is done with his little survey of the ship and the relative scale of the sets, we'll be off and running...

Wingsley May 30 2008 06:57 PM

Re: Deck Plans VI: The Undiscovered Bowling Alley

Funny your thread title should mention a bowling alley.

Given the way starships' crews tend to get tossed around from time to time, I would think if the ship did have a "rec deck" of any kind, it would have to be holographic in nature.

Captain Robert April May 30 2008 07:13 PM

Funny you should mention that, since I've pretty much made up my mind that the bowling alley that Lt. Riley referred to, and has become the running gag of these threads, is one of the programs in the holographic rec room we saw in the TAS episode "The Practical Joker".

doctorwho 03 May 30 2008 10:18 PM

I just had a thought. Why not do the bowling alley Nintendo WII style. That way you can have the 'alley' be in any sized room you want.

Also, you could have an actual alley, except that the balls and pins would be holograms projected by sensors and devices worn on the bowlers hands.

I like the second option the best.:bolian:

Shaw May 30 2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Captain Robert April wrote: (Post 1692132)
Just as soon as Shaw is done with his little survey of the ship and the relative scale of the sets, we'll be off and running...

I'll try to have some usable notes together (and drawings of a few extra sets that I don't specifically have original plans for) within the next week or so.

My wife has been firm on this stuff lately... rent and bills first, everything else second. :eek:

Captain Robert April May 31 2008 10:00 PM

Doncha hate real life sometimes?

Captain Robert April June 1 2008 09:22 PM

One thing that should prove useful in this endeavor: I just discovered that PSP 9 can read AutoCAD files.

:D

FishDS9 June 8 2008 02:51 PM

Great to see you're still going with this CA. :techman:

Captain Robert April June 8 2008 06:01 PM

I should have it all finished up before I turn fifty.

Captain Robert April June 15 2008 05:34 PM

IRRELEVANT UPDATE TIME!

I managed to snag an iMac at the local thrift store for around fifteen bucks, all told ($8.99 for the computer itself, another $2.99 for the keyboard that went with it, and another $1.99 for an optical mouse that seems to work fine with it, even though it's an IBM instead of the customary Apple type, which is fine by me, since I can't get the hang of a one-button mouse).

I also finally got a job, back at the Mile High Comics warehouse, where I worked around fourteen years ago. Horriblly underpaid, but at least it's an income.

doctorwho 03 June 16 2008 03:19 AM

Good to know things are starting to work out for you.:techman:

Wingsley June 16 2008 05:11 AM

Holy cow!

You found a CHEAP iMac!

Welcome to the Mac users' club. How old is your bargain Mac?

Captain Robert April June 16 2008 06:50 AM

Around twelve bucks (I'm not counting the mouse, since it's a standard IBM optical mouse that'll probably see as much action with my Dell laptop as with the iMac).

Captain Robert April June 18 2008 01:20 AM

Now if I could just get the blasted thing to work.

Who was the braniac at Apple that thought it'd be a good idea to not have an eject button for the CD-ROM drive?

Captain Robert April June 29 2008 09:27 AM

Bump.

Hey, at least I'm being honest about it...