The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TrekToday News Items (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   'Star Trek: The Next Generation" To Appear On Sci-Fi Channel (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=53931)

TrekToday May 6 2008 02:20 AM

'Star Trek: The Next Generation" To Appear On Sci-Fi Channel

The Sci-Fi Channel acquired the cable TV rights to shows including in the CBS library, including <i>Star Trek: The Next Generation</i>. <p>As reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://www.thefutoncritic.com">The Futon Critic</A>, reruns of <i>Star Trek: The Next Generation</i> will begin to air on the Sci-Fi Channel on Monday, June 2, 2008.<p>The Sci-Fi channel was the first channel to air both the original series and <i>Star Trek: Enterprise</i> on its channel. <i>Enterprise</i> is still airing on the channel. <i>Star Trek: The Animated Series</i> ran on the Sci-Fi Channel in the early 1990s.<p><i>The Next Generation</i> has aired before, on the G4 Channel and on Spike Channel, when that channel was called The Nashville Network (TNN).<p>Sci-Fi Channel has also acquired the rights to such shows as <i>Charmed</i>, <i>Highlander</i>, <i>Ghost Whisperer</i> as well as <i>Early Edition</i>, <i>Mork and Mindy</i> and <i>Friday the Thirteenth: The Series</i>.<p>To read more, head to the article located <A class="link" HREF="http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20080505scifi01">here</A>.<center></center>

Pioneer May 6 2008 02:49 AM

Re: 'Star Trek: The Next Generation" To Appear On Sci-Fi Channel

YAY! :bolian:

T'Cal May 6 2008 03:25 AM

It's about freakin' time! This is the perfect place for all of Trek, series and movies. With well over 700 of episodes and 10 movies, we should be able to look at the SciFi Channel schedule for any given day and find an episode or two or three. How about a block of four hours every Friday night in which four related episodes from all six series are aired with topics such as Q, the Borg, Tribbles, time travel, Nazis, the Romulans, etc. Or they could show the two movies each Sunday night for five weeks leading up to STXI. There are so many possibilities.

Dale May 6 2008 04:37 AM

Good news. Now if only they could rescue DS9 and Voyager from obscurity on Spike...

Pioneer May 6 2008 07:50 AM

Yo! Easy on the Friday nights there, bub. :eek: That's Stargate night, don't 'cha know.

C.E. Evans May 6 2008 09:58 AM

Charmed and Ghost Whisper back to back--SCI-FI's new "cleavage block" (not that I'm complaining, mind you)...

J. Lester May 6 2008 01:03 PM

This is good news, since my cable system doesn't carry Spike but does carry Sci-Fi.

T'Cal May 6 2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Pioneer wrote: (Post 1609964)
Yo! Easy on the Friday nights there, bub. :eek: That's Stargate night, don't 'cha know.

Sunday's are for Dexter, which is back with new episodes soon. Thursdays are for The Office. How're Saturday nights for you?
;)

backstept May 6 2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

T'Cal wrote: (Post 1610469)
Quote:

Sunday's are for Dexter, which is back with new episodes soon. Thursdays are for The Office. How're Saturday nights for you?
;)

actually Friday is Battlestar Night :D

I'm glad to hear they also got Highlander. I love that show :D
can't wait to watch TNG on TV again

Emh May 6 2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

TrekToday wrote: (Post 1609283)
The Next Generation has aired before, on the G4 Channel and on Spike Channel, when that channel was called The Nashville Network (TNN).

Actually, that's not true. The channel changed the name to Spike with the acquisition of The Next Generation as part of its attempt to reinvent itself.

SJSharksfan39 May 6 2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Emh wrote: (Post 1610809)
Quote:

TrekToday wrote: (Post 1609283)
The Next Generation has aired before, on the G4 Channel and on Spike Channel, when that channel was called The Nashville Network (TNN).

Actually, that's not true. The channel changed the name to Spike with the acquisition of The Next Generation as part of its attempt to reinvent itself.

Actually, TNG was on TNN before the change. They then changed the name to get a target demographic.

Photoman15 May 6 2008 07:05 PM

No, Friday is Dr. Who night

Lindley May 6 2008 08:36 PM

Clearly Friday is a polygamist.

MeanJoePhaser May 7 2008 02:36 AM

How long before there's "Maybe Sci-Fi will pick up the series and produce some new episodes?" threads? ;)

Damn, that would a trip if they did. :cool:

Temis the Vorta May 7 2008 04:28 AM

Quote:

T'Cal wrote: (Post 1610469)
Quote:

;)

Hey people, TiVO! Or haul out your old VCRs: cheapo TiVO! :techman: