The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TrekToday News Items (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Abrams Moves On To Next Project (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=52926)

TrekToday April 26 2008 02:40 AM

Abrams Moves On To Next Project

Working on <i>Star Trek XI</i> was exciting and challenging, according to <font color=yellow>J.J. Abrams</font>.<p>As reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://www.livevideo.com">Livevideo.com</A>, Abrams finds <i>Star Trek XI</i> to be a "huge, massive epic film." <p>Just as most have nothing but praise for Abrams, so does Abrams have praise for the <i>Star Trek XI</i> cast. "The cast is spectacular," he said. Abrams went on to enthuse about his time working on <i>Star Trek XI</i>. "We wrapped production on Star Trek last week and we're editing now," he said. "It was the most exciting, challenging, but satisfying experience. The movie is, I think, so much fun. I'm just dying for you to see it."<p>Now that <i>Star Trek XI</i> has finished and is being edited, Abrams will be moving on to other projects. Next up is the comedy <i>Hot for Teacher</i>. <i>Hot for Teacher</i> is about three high school boys who make a pact to have sex before they graduate. One of them sets his sights on their attractive teacher.<p>To read more, head to the articles located <A class="link" HREF="http://www.livevideo.com/video/APnews/D5E52D3FE66244AB9790FA01F20A5E1A/j-j-abrams-on-star-trek-l.aspx">here</A> and <A class="link" HREF="http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22447">here</A>.<center></center>

Broccoli April 26 2008 05:01 AM

Re: Abrams Moves On To Next Project

Is it me, or does the premise for Hot for Teacher sound like it should be one of the incredibly stupid American Pie spin-offs?

Photoman15 April 26 2008 04:15 PM

Not spin-off, an origin story or a re-boot, if you will :)

ancient April 26 2008 04:37 PM

Will Hot For Teacher be a huge, massive, epic film?

Locutus of Bored April 26 2008 04:50 PM

I hear that it will be made for people who love movies, and Van Halen references.

T'Bonz April 26 2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

ancient wrote: (Post 1576239)
Will Hot For Teacher be a huge, massive, epic film?

It sounds like what I call a "teenage fanboy wank" film. :rolleyes:

Oh well. I guess that stuff sells. And Abrams needs to work. Not all films put out are good films.

Then again, I rarely like films, finding most of them to be stupid sheeple films.

SJSharksfan39 April 26 2008 07:05 PM

So does that mean you'll be passing on Star Trek XI? ;)

T'Bonz April 26 2008 07:24 PM

No. *sigh*

Each Trek film recently, I've hoped for the best, but feared the worst (and usually got the latter.) This film is no different. Perhaps I'll get lucky this time.
I'm reading the same blather though, that I read before both Enterprise (admittedly not a film) and Nemesis, so I'm a bit, well, wary.

Augustus April 26 2008 07:27 PM

This idea lowers my respect level for Abrams...I mean seriously??

ancient April 26 2008 07:45 PM

I have to admit that, though I am optimistic for this movie, most of what we've heard has largely been hot air and lip service. That doesn't mean the movie will be bad, but it does mean we have little clue as to what's actually going to come out in May.

NEM had an uber-fanboy, Hollywood darling writing it, and the producers were saying it would be the biggest, bestest Trek movie evAr. We know how well that turned out. A lot of people (myself included) consider it the worst Trek film of all time, and it bombed badly. So there are no guarantees.

I'm giving Abrams a chance to show us what he's done before I start bitching though. ;)

PowderedToastMan April 26 2008 08:42 PM

Abrams owns Bad Robot which has a multi picture deal with Paramount Pictures and he is credited as a producer on all projects, like Cloverfield and this new comedy. There are a number of other films Bad Robot has going at Paramount as well. However Abrams is still mostly full time on Trek while it is in post-production. As director he works closely with the editors and ILM every day. He certainly is not 'moving on' and wont until Trek is in the can.

Broccoli April 26 2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Photoman15 wrote: (Post 1576204)
Not spin-off, an origin story or a re-boot, if you will :)

Well...if they recast Jason Biggs, I'm boycotting it!

T'Bonz April 26 2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

PowderedToastMan wrote: (Post 1576991)
Abrams owns Bad Robot which has a multi picture deal with Paramount Pictures and he is credited as a producer on all projects, like Cloverfield and this new comedy. There are a number of other films Bad Robot has going at Paramount as well. However Abrams is still mostly full time on Trek while it is in post-production. As director he works closely with the editors and ILM every day. He certainly is not 'moving on' and wont until Trek is in the can.

It was never meant to imply that he was finished with Trek. Trek isn't finished with editing and such, just the initial filming, as I well-know from the many things that I read about the film almost daily.

It was only meant to mention that work goes on, that he has other projects and that the "Hot for Teacher" one (bleccch on that name, as a woman that makes me want to throw up) is next up on the slate.

Lindley April 26 2008 11:29 PM

That seems like a fairly low-brow followup.....

Broccoli April 27 2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

T'Bonz wrote: (Post 1577406)
It was only meant to mention that work goes on, that he has other projects and that the "Hot for Teacher" one (bleccch on that name, as a woman that makes me want to throw up) is next up on the slate.

You're assuming the teacher is female. It's the 21st Century! Anything goes!